Status: Complete

'Safe' Is Not A Word In My Vocabulary

Chapter 10

We made it home before the guys did and Crusher grinned bleakly. “I missed this place.” He muttered and I laughed while I got out of the car. Crusher hadn’t been here for about 3 months.

Not since his last arrest.

I let us in and flicked on lights while I went. “Kay so fridge’s there, TV there… the two guest rooms are down the hall.” I gestured towards the couch.

“Knock yourself out, Im going to bed.” The sun had started to rise and I was dead beat. Crusher nodded his thanks and collapsed on the couch.

I fell asleep the second my head hit the pillow.

XxX

I woke up feeling rested but stiff. I heard the quiet babble of voices from the TV in the other room. I got up and got dressed in a black pair of shorts and a yellow shoulder less shirt. I threw my hair in a quick side pony tail and walked out.

Ammo was passed out in my recliner and Crusher took up the entire couch space. I heard K-9 snoring in the other room and Bones in the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen and grinned at Bones. “Good morning.” I said, he nodded towards me and then stared out my window at the dense Washington forest. I glided over to the stove and started pulling things out for breakfast. They’d be hungry when they woke up.

“What sounds good?” I asked Bones and he grinned before going over to the fridge. He pulled out bacon and ham and pointed to the stove.

I laughed, “Fried; you just read my mind.”

I turned and started cooking up the bacon and such, scrambled some eggs the way K-9 and Ammo like it. And then I made omelets for Bones and Crusher and myself. I put some toast in the six piece toaster (werewolf appetite don’t judge me) and made some coffee. Bones watched and occasionally sampled.

“What’s cooking?” K-9’s voice asked groggily as he and the rest of the guys filed in. I laughed a little. “Just about everything.” I replied. And the guys grinned simultaneously; they were so in tune sometimes it was freaky.

I let them dig in as my phone went off. Far East Movement ringtone. One new text from Quil.

Poppin bottles in the ice, like a blizzard
When we drink we do it right gettin slizzard
Sippin sizzurp in my ride, in my ride, like Three 6
Now I'm feelin so fly like a G6
Like a G6, Like a G6
Now now now now now now I'm feelin so fly like a G6
Like a G6, Like a G6
Now now now now now now I'm feelin so fly like a G6

Verse 1
Gimme that Mo-Moet-wet
Gimme that Cry-Crystal-tal
Ladies love my style, at my table gettin wild
Get them bottles poppin, we get that drip and that drop
Now give me 2 more bottles cuz you know it don't stop

(808) Hell Yeah
Drink it up, drink-drink it up,
When sober girls around me, they be actin like they drunk
They be actin like they drunk, actin-actin like they drunk
When sober girls around me they be actin like they drunk

I fished my phone out of my pocket and clicked the little message sign.

Quil: There’s a bonfire at the beach tomorow night, see you there?

Me: Sure, when and where?

Quil: I’ll pick you up at 6 :)

Me: KK S’ya

Quil: Bye!

I rolled my eyes and the guys continued eating. “Guys heads up, I gotta be somewhere later, you’re free to stay on the condition you don’t trash my house or have any wild parties.” My voice abruptly became darker “And I will know if you do.” I said and they grimaced. “Kay Cent, I’ll keep em in line.” Crusher said, loping his arm around K-9’s shoulder. I rolled my eyes. “For some reason, that’s not as comforting coming from you.” I said and Ammo snickered. Crusher whacked him upside the head and that reminded me. “You know,” I started, “You guys never did tell me what that fight was about.” I said and K-9 cringed.

“Unavoidable accident, Crusher was walking the wrong way up the escalators.” I laughed and went to get ready. I hadn’t realized I’d slept all day, it was almost Three o’clock.

I was just done getting dressed when my phone rang, Edwards ring-tone.

What do I do with a boy like you?
L-like you. What do I do with you? (Oh!)
What do I do with a boy like you?
(What do I do with a boy like you? L-like you.)

I know you know.
Im wrapped around your finger.
Your so, you’re so.
Beautiful and dangerous.
Hot and cold.
Dont you see the light, boy.
I could blow your mind, boy.
Let me be your new toy.
I do what I want and I get what I want when I want it, w-want it, w-want it.
Im not gonna stop til I get what you got til I got it, g-got it, g-got it.

What do I do with a boy, with a boy like you?
Got me lost, got me hooked.
Now Im so confused.
Was this a part of your plan?
I dont really understand.
What to do, what to do with a boy like you. (Oh!)
With a boy like you. (Oh!)
With a boy like you.

“Ugh!” I groaned “It never ends!”
I opened it and answered anyways. Before I could even greet him, Edward’s voice was a fast buzz in my ear.

“Cent, I need your help, someone’s been in Bella’s room.”

My stomach turned to ice, and I wasted no time after that.

I quickly told the guys goodbye and ran out the house. As soon as I was in the woods I stripped down and phased into my wolf self.

I was pure white and my eyes were a strange shade of gold. (Ha-ha I’m like Edwards twin.)

I ran straight to Bella’s getting there not two minutes later.

Then the stench hit me. I cringed and pawed at the ground. Then I ran back behind the tree’s to phase. As soon as my clothes were on, I was in the house.

Edward pointed tensely to Bella’s room and I went up. Hmm it looked like some of her things were missing, I didn’t think this thought out loud, afraid to make Edward have an episode for no reason. I was probably just making something out of nothing, as usual.

“Who’s that?” I heard Charlie grumble from downstairs, he hadn’t seen me come in.

I was back down them in a flash, standing casually against the door like I’d been there the whole time as Charlie came around the corner form the living room.

His face immediately lit up when he saw me and he didn’t acknowledge the tension on Edward’s face. He probably was under the impression Edward and Bella were having problems.

“Centhua? Hi sweetie, how are you?” he asked as he dumped a popcorn bowl in the sink. I smiled slightly. “Good, I’ve been super busy lately; otherwise I’d have been around a lot more.” I waved it off with my hand like it was nothing and smiled apologetically.

Charlie grinned, “Nice of you to stop by, you’re always welcome.” I grinned too and nodded “I’ll keep that in mind.” I joked, pretty sure he was implying something about Edward.

At that moment Edward tugged Bella towards the door. “Centhua, I hate to be rude but Carlisle’s expecting us.” He murmured his voice thick with implications I nodded and waved to Bella’s father. “Bye Charlie!” I called as Edward ushered us outside. I didn’t bother telling him I didn’t know the scent; he knew already.

As he and Bella slid into the Volvo I got in the back, I left the window open and I caught Emmett’s scent as we drove, at an insane speed towards the Cullen’s.

He didn’t look hopeful as he drove up the long drive towards the white house. I wasn’t that hopeful either, and I definitely had too much thinking room.

He got out and I caught sight of the half crazed look in his eye before he composed himself.
He was seriously suffering over this.

He held the door open for both me and Bella and then he pounced on Alice about her not seeing this coming.

“Edward stop it, you’re scaring Bella.” I said referring to where she was watching the scene with wide eyes. Edward saw and his eyes softened. “Your right, Forgive me Alice that was inexcusable.” He said, with an apologetic look, Alice accepted his apology and everyone began discussing options. The Volturi was mentioned and Bella shuddered. The Cross Fire was mentioned and I shuddered.

Eventually, Jasper cleared the possibility of both when he explained about the newborns.

My chest eased up a little bit and Bella’s did too, although that might’ve been because she was so engrossed in Jasper's history.

XxX

I volunteered to keep watch over Bella tonight and I was pretending to sleep over, it was Saturday so Charlie didn’t mind.

He did however say something interesting. “Jacob called, he said he was sorry and he didn’t mean it, whatever that means.” Charlie was watching Edward with a smug smile.

I stiffened and Edward looked at me apologetically. Charlie noticed.

I looked at my hand, which had, unknowingly clenched into a fist.

Bella snorted, noticing my change of attitude; she tried to soothe me. “Is Jacob paying you for all the P.R. or are you a volunteer?” Charlie grumbled something incoherent and I dropped my head into my hands. Edward walked up behind me and I could feel his disapproval.

Charlie was looked at me curiously. “You know Jacob Cent?” he asked, probably already knowing the answer. I shrugged with one shoulder and looked down.

“Sort of, I’ve talked to him all of three times.” I pressed my lips in a hard line and Charlie scrunched his eyebrows together. “Everyone keeps saying he’s in love with her.” Bella added slyly. That little-

“Really?” Charlie asked, openly curious, I brushed it off.

“That’s what people say, that doesn’t really mean anything though.” I was looking awkwardly away from everyone and Charlie mumbled “Hmm” before he shoved away from his kitchen chair and sauntered into the living room.

“I really do think Jacob’s in love with you.” Bella said matter-of-factly while I blushed. “Is not.” I muttered and Bella rolled her eyes.

“Is too, seriously, Cent you can say what you want, but I know better.” Bella teased.

I ignored her.

XxX

Edward ‘left’ for the night and Bella and I were hanging out in her room. She seemed more relaxed with me there and we actually had fun. We had very intense debate on some of Shakespeare’s novels and it was very entertaining. But of course she had to keep bringing Jacob up and that pretty much killed the mood…

I tried not to think about what the guys were doing to my house but when I went to get my stuff earlier it was still standing.

Edward eventually climbed in through the window and I went to do some surveillance. When I climbed back into the window it was nearly one. Edward was holding a sleeping Bella in his arms and mouthed ‘thank you’ when I fell into my little makeshift bed on Bella’s floor I curled into a ball and was asleep in a second.

XxX

“Im going to let Jacob off the hook.” Bella told Edward in the morning. There goes that name again.

Edward smiled bleakly. “I knew you’d forgive him.” He said smiling.

I found out last night about how Jacob and Bella had gotten into an argument over her mortality. I didn’t want to think about that though.

I knew Bella would find a way to get out of being human somehow, despite what Jacob might try to do. I also found out about how Edward had accepted the wolves the same way he had my friends. It was sweet in a weird way, because he just wanted us to be happy.

I mean, as happy as two girls constantly hunted by vampires can be. Edward shot me a look for that thought while Bella talked to Jacob.

“Um…Im not sure it’s a good time right now Jake.” She muttered and Edward held out a hand for the phone. Oh great, what’d I miss?

“Hello Jacob.” Edward greeted politely. I tried to ignore the ice that had once again started settling in my stomach to no avail. I only caught some of the conversation before Edward gave the phone back to Bella. Jacob was after the bloodsucker too.

The ice in my stomach twisted uncomfortably.