Status: Complete

'Safe' Is Not A Word In My Vocabulary

Chapter 14

“Centhua mentioned you I think.” Quil muttered and I gave him a look he ignored. K-9 nodded. “Yeah, hope she aint say nothing bad.” He said and Quil shook his head.

I decided to ask him about it later; preferably when were wolves so he couldn’t lie.

“Why are you looking for Centhua?” I asked, the jealous edge in my voice hard to disguise. K-9 gave me a grin but shook his head. “We got kinda worried when she didn’t call us back, and that’s all you need to know.” My eyebrow raised and the short guy jogged out of the trees.

I didnt realize he left.

“She aint in the garage, but all her cars are.” K-9 sighed and my eyes widened.

Cars...as in more than one?

“Weird…” he muttered and then recognition rang in his eyes. He turned to the other guy. “Yo Crusher, you seen Bones lately?” he asked and the guy shook his head.

'Crusher, Bones and K-9? What is up with these guy’s names?' I thought watching them start to bicker.

“He has work today I think.” He muttered and then he got the same look K-9 did.

“You think he knows where Cent is?” he asked and K-9 shrugged. “Most likely, only one way to find out.” He started walking with the other guys and Quil followed them. I grabbed his shirt and gave him a what-the-hell-are-you-doing look.

He opened his mouth to speak when K-9 cut him off.

“Yo, y’all comin or what?” he asked and Quil nodded. “Yeah” he said and started following them. I sighed.

He’s gonna get us killed someday, I know it.

I hoped silently that day wouldn’t be today as we followed these guys out to the woods by Centhua’s. There was a small clearing directly through the trees, and then what looked like a garage on the other side.

It was bigger than my house.

The guys walked right in like the owned the place and Quil followed them, they flicked a light on inside.

I blinked in surprise and my jaw dropped.

The line of vehicles in front of me was unreal. Most of the cars there would cost more than I’d ever make in a life time. And some I didn’t even recognize. Quil’s face mirrored mine as K-9 walked down the line of vehicles and whistled. He pointed to a lime green Ferrari and licked his lips. “This is new.” He said walking over and stroking the paint.

The guy I didn’t know was standing by a silver Lotus Eagle and stroking the hood while Crusher was tinkering with a Hummer. I realized a second late that he was hot wiring it. How he got the doors open was a mystery to me.

Quil walked along the line of vehicles and I walked up to Crusher. “What’re you doing?” I muttered and he looked up from his handy work. “This car’s the only one that’ll fit us all; if you wanna come with; you’re gonna need some patience.” I raised an eyebrow but held up a hand in surrender.

“Holy Crap!” Quil screamed and I walked over to where he was standing. He was staring at a black Aston Martin Vanquish that I barely resisted drooling over.

“Dude, if you don’t hook up with her; I will.” He said and I rolled my eyes.

“Of course you would.” I muttered and the snarl of an engine snapped our heads towards Crusher. He grinned and slammed the hood down on the Hummer as he got in passenger. The guy I still didn’t know was already in the driver’s seat and K-9 waved us over from the middle row.

I jumped in beside him before I thought in through and didn’t bother buckling. Quil got in the back and I slammed the door.

The guy in driver seat turned around and held out a hand.

“Im Ammo.” He said grinning and I nodded to him “Im Jacob, that’s Quil.” I muttered jerking my thumb towards him. Quil waved a little from where he was stretched out in the back seat. I rolled my eyes again. “Im Crusher, feel free to bow.” He said sarcastically and then whacked Ammo in the head.

“Stop socializing and drive fool.” He muttered and I chuckled; K-9 kicked his seat.

“You guys want to tell us where were going?” Quil asked from the back and K-9 nodded. “Were gonna go see a friend of ours, he’s probably the only one who knows where Centhua is.” His voice was thick with irritation and I wondered why that bothered him.

“What’s his deal?” I asked. K-9 shrugged, his expression was empty but there was fire in his eyes. “She has a bit of a soft spot for him, he don’t talk none, and they both have a shady past. There pretty close.” His voice had a slight awe tone to it when he said how Bones didn’t talk and I guessed he had some sympathy towards him.

“What do you mean a shady past?” Quil asked and Ammo started driving. K-9 shrugged again.

“Just like I said; shady. We don’t know nothing about either of them cause’ they won’t tell us anything…course they’ve got they’re reasons for that and we aren’t gonna pry.”

His tone ended the discussion and I looked out the window the rest of the drive. My thoughts for some reason, drifted back to the Damien guy as I thought about what he could mean by: they’ve got their own reasons’.

Centhua’s got a few flashy cars; she’s friends with a bunch of gang members, one of which is on drugs from the looks of it. And, she is heartbroken over some dead guy named Damien she doesn’t like people talking about.

What kind of past does Centhua have?

Her being a werewolf wasn’t the only secret she’s been keeping.

We drove until we were on the outside city edge of Port Angeles. We parked in a lot of what looked like some kind of shop. There were a few guys outside and some I could hear out back. K-9 jumped out and everyone followed him.

He walked right in like he owned the place and some guys waved and said hi. I felt really out of place and I noticed a few of the people sizing me and Quil up.

Again, I wondered how Centhua got involved in all this.

I followed K-9 back behind the shop, because he knew where he was going and there was no way I was staying out front.

He walked up to a curly haired guy I assumed was Bones and greeted him loudly.

“Hey sorry to bother you at work man,” he started and the guy shrugged. He didn’t say anything and I knew he was Bones. Quil shifted uncomfortably behind me and Bones pointed to us with a raised eyebrow.

K-9 laughed.

“Yeah, they're with us, they're lookin for Cent, you talk to her lately?” he asked and Bones gave him a hard look.

K-9 held up his hands in mock surrender “Sorry, I mean, you know where she is?” he asked and Bones shook his head. K-9 let out a sigh.

I was aggravated.

First, we have to drive all the way here to hunt down this guy, and now he can’t tell us anything. K-9 kept talking to Bones and I turned to Quil.

“Well, this has been a waste.” I muttered and he shrugged, looking apologetic. I heard K-9 telling Bones to text her and I perked up, interested.

Bones rolled his eyes and pulled out a cell phone. He typed something quickly and then pressed send before tossing it to K-9.

K-9 took the phone and flipped it shut before shoving it in his pocket. Quil gave him an amused look “Now we wait?” he asked and K-9 gave him an irritated look.

“You got a better idea?” he asked.

Centhua’s POV

My phone buzzed with a text and I was about to let it go before I recognized the ring-tone. It was Bones.

I know your type
(Your type)
You're daddy's little girl
Just take a bite
(One bite)
Let me shake up your world
'Cause just one night couldn't be so wrong
I'm gonna make you lose control

She was so shy
Till I drove her wild

I make them good girls go bad
I make them good girls go bad
You were hanging in the corner
With your five best friends
You heard that I was trouble
But you couldn't resist
I make them good girls go bad
I make them good girls go
Good girls go bad
(bad, bad, bad)
Good girls go bad
(bad, bad, bad)
Good girls go bad

I know your type
(Your type)
Boy, you're dangerous
Yeah, you're that guy
(That guy)
I'd be stupid to trust
But just one night couldn't be so wrong
You make me wanna lose control

I have to admit, I was tempted to let it ring, but it was Bones. I had to answer it. I picked up my phone and looked at it, despite a disapproving glance from Edward.

Bones: S’up where you at?

(Of course, being me I had to write a retarded answer.)

Centhua: Never never land.

Bones : Haha funny, but seriously.

Centhua: My friend Edwards, you remember he came to pick me up the other day.

Bones: Oh, the ginger?

Centhua: Yeah, but call him that he’ll bite your head off ;)

Bones: Ha-ha gotta get back to work, later

Centhua: Bye!

Jacob’s POV

She was over the leeches? Why!?!

This story was making less and less sense.

Centhua’s gonna have a hell of a lot to explain.

“Im going to Edwards, you guys comin?” I asked and Ammo Bones and Crusher followed me and Quil to the car. Ammo handed me the keys.

Centhua’s POV

I was lying across Edward’s lap. Bella was sitting next to him and Emmett was on the floor while we watched some pointless zit com. It was really stupid but we didn’t want to put sports on because Bella was here.

Stupid vampire hospitality.

It was really boring and I was considering taking a nap when a familiar engine made my heart speed up. Edward sensed my irritation and looked up. A grimace made its way onto his face and I looked up apologetically.

Jacob’s POV

Ugh; reeking parasites. If it wasn’t for the smell; I never would’ve found this place in the dark. K-9 looked around with an amused expression once we reached the drive.

“Damn.” He muttered and Crusher nodded his agreement. I wondered if Centhua told these guys what she was. I wouldn’t be able to say anything while they were around and my head was going crazy.

I was seriously losing it.

Centhua’ POV

I heard several doors open and it was easy to make out voices and footsteps. It was Crusher, Ammo, K-9, Jacob and Quil; they were in my hummer.

I swear, if they so much as scratched the paint, Im gonna kill them.

I heard Quil and Jacob’s booming steps followed by the guy’s. Edward flitted to the door and Bella gave me a confused look. Emmett changed the channel to music videos and I glared at him.

Looks like K-9 isn’t the only drama queen. He grinned and Edward opened the door without waiting for a knock.

Edward’s POV

I tried to wipe the disgust off my face when I heard the warning in Centhua’s thoughts. It not her fault Jacob’s in love with her. Or that her friends are criminals.

Ok, it is her fault.

I kept the scowl off my face when I opened the door, but when the mutt’s scent hit, I had to wrinkle my nose.

“Looking for Centhua?” I asked, knowing the answer. Jacob’s thought were mocking.

' What’s with the hospitality bloodsucker? '

I ignored that and Bella walked up beside me. Her eyes widened and a worry line creased between her eyebrows when she saw who was on the other side.

I wished I could read her mind.

“Jake?” she asked and I wrapped an arm around her waist. “Hi Bells.” He said, not ceasing his glare at me, and not even looking at her. His thoughts were about Centhua and Centhua only.

I rolled my eyes and I moved over, gesturing with my other hand for him to come in. He frowned but walked in after K-9.

I heard the appreciative edge to the latter’s thoughts and reminded myself to count the silverware before he left. Not that we need it.

He quickly spotted Centhua and relief replaced his admiring thoughts. He had truly been worried about her. “Hey Cent.” He said, grinning as he sat down own the floor in front of her feet. She rolled her eyes. “I knew you’d show up here sooner or later.” She smiled at the end to show it was ok and he chuckled.

She nodded to the other two who had sat on the floor by her head. Quil and Jacob hung back by the door; uncertain. It was riding on my last nerve.

I shut the door and towed Bella back to the couch.

I could see the questions in her big brown eyes and I pulled her into my lap on the love seat. I explained the situation quickly, whispering in her ear so low only the wolves, Emmett and Bella would be able to hear.

Jacob’s POV

I eventually made my way over to the couch and sat down on the end. Centhua moved her feet over slightly and carefully sat up. I wasn’t the only one who noticed though.

“You okay?” Quil asked and he sat on the floor with the others. Centhua shrugged innocently and curled her feet up to her chest. Her hair fell down over her shoulder and she brushed it back slightly.

“Yeah, just tired, I fell a while ago and I need constant observation now.” She rolled her eyes and waved her hand dismissively and my eyebrow rose. She looked at me from the corner of her eye and a smile played around the edge of her lips.

“What races?” Edward asked suddenly and she cringed. “Nothing Edward.” She muttered and I looked up to see the vampires face.

It was furious. His eyes were black and his teeth clenched at someone’s thoughts I couldn’t hear. Bella put a hand to his chest to soothe him but her expression was confused.

I was getting sick of not knowing what was going on. Centhua looked at me sadly and I realized my hands were shaking.

Centhua’s POV

I looked at Jacob and I could see the accusations on his face. He looked hurt, angry, confused and sad all at once. I wished he hadn’t brought K-9 so I could see what was on his mind. His gaze met mine and his hands stopped shaking for a moment.

I looked away quickly so no one but Edward would notice and I heard Crusher’s stomach growl. I chuckled and looked over at them.

“Did you eat…today?” I asked and he grimaced. “Well…I slept in this morning…” he started and I raised an eyebrow at him. He cringed and I looked to Edward.

“Mind if we order pizza?” I asked and he shook his head, putting Bella on the couch while he walked out; returning with the phone.

He chucked it to K-9 along with a credit card. Quil immediately started telling K-9 what to order and I saw him making a mental list.

Edward turned to me. I knew K-9 or one of the guys had most likely let it slip about my drag racing, and I was done for. He wasnt ready to kill me yet though.

“Jacob, perhaps you could take Centhua out for some air while you wait, I meant to do it but I have to take Bella home.”

Or...maybe he was. What kind of game was he playing? It wasnt fair.

Jacob shrugged and stood up. I cringed and I caught sight of Edward’s face before he turned. It was disapproving, but determined. He wanted Jacob to talk to me. Great.

Emmett talked absentmindedly to Ammo while the guys play wrestled over the phone. The only one person who seemed to notice Jacob helping me up off the couch was Quil. He was fighting a smile and I grimaced as I stretched a little. My joints popped and Jacob chuckled.

“Maybe I should carry you.” He teased and I rolled my eyes, I didn’t argue though.

That's what Edward does because for a while, and right now I wasn’t sure how stable I was not to mention my legs felt like jello.

I held up my arms above my head like a toddler and he swept his arms under me while he picked me up bridal style.

Emmett grinned “You guys look like a married couple.” He teased and I stuck my tongue out at him. But I clutched Jacob tighter anyways as I realized how far off the ground I was.

He ducked through the door and we started walking on the trail by the Cullen’s house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hola headovaheels here, some feedback would be nice pretty pleez, tell me what you think about this story and such. XD