Status: Complete

'Safe' Is Not A Word In My Vocabulary

Chapter 20

Jacob’s POV

I went home around ten and my dad was waiting up for me again.

I sighed; I didn’t want to do this now, not with Cent still on my mind from earlier. That girl just had me running back and forth didn’t she? Well whatever, I’ve got more important things to worry about right now.

I walked in and my dad set a book into his lap. I lumbered into the living room, knowing he’d have some sort of speech prepared. I was right apparently.

“Where were you Jacob?” he asked, waaaay to calm. I shrugged my shoulders innocently, a trait I’d learned from Centhua and muttered “Centhua’s house, where else?”

My dad had finally dragged her name out of me, and he found out we were an item because of Embry and Quil’s big mouths.

He gave me an amused look, his eyebrow arching up some. “Did you have fun?” he asked and I didn’t recognize his tone for a second. When I did though, I cringed.

“Ugh! Dad!” I whined and he started laughing. I groaned, rolled my eyes and jumped up, heading towards my room. I could still hear him laughing when I shut the door and my face burned.

Centhua’s POV

“Not funny Edward!” I snapped as I slammed the door to my house shut. The little freak just shows up out of nowhere and starts laughing insanely. I don’t know how he found out about something that happened just last night, but it was annoying as fuck.

“Poor Jacob Black, you let him get off easy this time, but knowing you you’ll probably make him work for it now.”

I muttered to myself in Italian while I put dinner on the stove. Why? Because it sounds better than the actual words I was using.

XxX

I woke up the next morning in Jacob’s arms again. We didnt do anything but that didn’t mean he couldn’t still sleep over.

I got up and was too lazy to make breakfast for myself, so I just made Jacob’s and then went to get in the shower. I heard him wake up while I started the hot water and sigh softly to himself before going downstairs. He knew he’d find breakfast there and I smiled to myself.

When I got out I went right into my room without bothering to close the door. I fished through my closet and found some clothes to wear for the day.

Edward was having a party for graduation on Wednesday and I reminded myself to put a note on the fridge. Alice would kill me if I forgot.

Jacob’s POV

“Hmm…you should really put those clothes on.” I suggested, even though I really didn’t want her too. She smiled faintly. I wasn’t sure if she’d heard me come in or not.

“Why, it’s nothing you haven’t seen before.” She hinted and I shook my head, “It’s not that, I was just thinking you should cover yourself before I do something I might not be able to stop.”

She giggled to herself before putting a shirt on over her bra and sliding on a pair of skinny jeans. “Better?” she asked smiling, I nodded, although I wasn’t sure if it was a lie or not.

Centhua’s POV

Once I had my clothes on I glided over to Jacob. “I have to work today, but I’ll see you later kay?” I asked and he smiled, but there was reluctance in his eyes.

I frowned slightly before Jacob’s face cleared; he smiled wider and leaned down to kiss me. Instead of it being sweet like I thought though, it was passionate and rough. I was panting a little when we pulled away and he smirked, even though he was breathing hard too.

“I’ll talk to you later Cent.” He said, grinning faintly. I frowned again and my eyebrows pinched together. He kissed me softly again before leaving.

And I stood there, wanting the floor to swallow me up.

It did.

Jacob’s POV

She said she had to work today and I debated for a second.

Bella was coming over today. If Centhua was working it’d be the perfect time to test out my theory.

I told Cent I loved her, and I meant it. I just wasn’t sure if I was over Bella yet. And I needed to know, like now.

Centhua's POV

It wasn’t a busy work day so Frankie, (my boss) sent a few workers home early. And by a few workers I mean me Macy and some other pretty girl who just started last week. I think her name was Destiny.

Instead of going straight home though, I decided to stop by Jacob’s first. I don’t know why, but I felt like I should. I parked my car at the beach and walked. I don’t know why I did that either.

I walked towards his house, but when I got there, he was busy.

And by busy, I mean busy sucking Bella’s face off.

She shoved against him to try and get him away from her, but he didn’t budge. I stared in horror, my mouth gaping open like a fish; out of its element.

Jacob finally pulled away by the time I’d counted to fifty in my head. He still hadn’t noticed me.

“Are you done yet?” Bella asked, irritated. I could tell she was about to lose her temper but he couldn’t. “Yes,” he sighed, but his voice was sad. He closed his eyes like he was thinking.

Bella’s hand snapped forward and I heard the bone crunch.

“Ow! Ow! You broke my hand you idiot!” she yelped and Jacob rolled his eyes. “Bella, you broke your hand.” He said.

She growled unimpressively and when he reached for her she backed up.

At this point, I’d seen enough, I walked forward and Bella looked up at the sound of my approach. Her eyes grew wide.

It wasn’t like I’d been hiding; Jacob had just been occupying her attention.

“I’ll drive you to Carlisle’s Bella.” I stated sadly, still refusing to look at Jacob. I heard his intake of breath though.

Bella looked back and forth between the two of us, glaring at Jacob, and apologizing to me at the same time. I grabbed her arm and pushed her towards the street in front of Jacob’s. “I’ll be there in a sec Bell.” I muttered and she nodded mutely, so many mixed emotions on her face.

I turned to Jacob once she was gone. He looked conflicted.

“Cent-” he started but I cut him off.

“I don’t want to hear it,” I said coldly. He looked like he was in physical pain. “Cent…please…let me explain.” He whispered I shook my head, glaring a little.

“I don’t want to hear it, you blew it Jacob.” I snapped and then I turned on my heel, “It’s over.” I said, knowing he would hear with his wolf ears.

I started to walk towards my car and Bella.

He didn’t stop me.

XxX

Bella’s hand was broken. Carlisle put a brace on while Edward kept rambling about how he would kill Jacob slowly for hurting us both. I wouldn’t let him though; he knew that, I think he was just ranting.

I went home to see K-9 and Bones sprawled out on my couch. K-9 took in my expression and his face fell. Bones was a bit slower, because he had been vacant in my life for a while.

“What happened?” K-9 asked and Bones stood up, like he already knew and was just waiting for me to say it so he could kill someone.

“Jacob kissed Bella.” I said, my voice didn’t break, and I didn’t burst into tears. I was in shock.

My voice was bored.

Bones growled and I shook my head, knowing his intentions. “Don’t, he’s not worth it.” I muttered. K-9 still looked unconvinced but I waved it off. “Look I’m fine ok.” I said, making my voice come out strong. Even though I was slowly dying…

“I’ll be okay, I mean, it hurts but I’ll live.” I shut up before I said too much and Bones relaxed onto the couch, continuing to look at my face.

“You’re ok, you’re sure?” he asked skeptically. I wished he’d let it go, it was killing me.

“Yep.”I said, forcing it to come out right. I sighed and fell back against the couch, so I could hide my face better.

“I am a little upset.” I aloud, my voice arched, nearly ruining the charade I was keeping up for them.

“I just wish I had a way to take my anger out.” I said, it was the first thing I could think of in order to cover my mistake and I felt both wolves tense.

“Well maybe you can.” K-9 said, looking only at me and ignoring the look from Bones. It perked at my interest.

“How?” I asked and Bones growled low in his throat. K-9 grinned bleakly. “We found out who shot me.” He said smiling like the devil.

I felt my eyes flash silver, and then yellow.

“It was Aaron, that guy you raced once upon a time, you remember.” The image of a baby faced green eyed boy, with a deep voice and black faux hawk.

“He’s dead.” I growled and just as I was about to leave Bones grabbed my arm. “Cent…” he warned and I rolled my eyes.

“Don’t worry; I’ll be back by midnight.” I said sweetly, knowing that wasn’t what he meant. He growled, his eyes narrowing the way dad’s used too. It made me wince.

I sighed, “Look, Im not really going to kill him, Im just going to make sure he pays.”

Bones was still angry, but K-9 was at the door, practically bouncing with excitement.

“Pay how?” he asked, his brow rose. I smiled in the same devilish manner K-9 had.

“Same way all criminals pay for their mistakes.”

Bones grip loosened and I knew he got it.

XxX

“What are we doing in here?” K-9 grumbled. I held up a finger in warning while continuing to search the web on my laptop.

We were seated in a small internet café in Port Angeles, I like coming here because they have a system that makes computers work in like a Nano second, and it’s never crowded.

“We are here because it is conveniently located and away from Bones.” He rolled his eyes and took a swig of straight black coffee.

“I know that, but what are we doing, I assume you have a game plan.” I smirked at him from above my screen “Don’t I always?” I said and cut him off before he said anything.

“Were digging as much info up as we can on this guy, that’s step one.” I said causing him to relax a little.

“Ok, so long as were not winging it.” He grumbled and I laughed.

“Was there ever any doubt?”

XxX

“Oh my god.” I said as I searched through some police website. K-9 leaned forward eagerly and read out loud what I’d just seen.

“Aaron McCallister, wanted in six states…” he read some in his head and then started muttering out loud.

“Grand theft auto, drug dealing, vandalism, prostitution…man this guy knows how to live.” He muttered sarcastically and I read on.

“Drive by shootings.” I muttered, my eyes narrowing. “You weren’t the first, this guy killed three people in one night, and that was just last summer.” I read something else but kept it to myself.

“Well, I think we know where to find him.” I said sourly. He looked at me confused and I sighed. “The dudes an alcoholic and it’ a Saturday night, he’ll be at a bar.” K-9 grinned and held out his fist. I grinned back and pounded it.

You know, I once heard someone say revenge was a dish best served cold.

They’re so right.