Status: Complete

'Safe' Is Not A Word In My Vocabulary

Chapter 34

Centhua's POV

Another month passed and Bella returned. She was pregnant too, much to everyone’s dismay. Everyone had taken sides, either with Edward or her.

The ones who wanted to destroy the ‘creature’ were on Edward’s, these consisted of him, Alice and the entire La Push pack, although not them yet.

Jacob, went over to see the Cullen’s when he heard Bella was sick, and he found out first. He came right after and told me everything. He was on Edward’s side at the time.

He wanted her to kill it too. It was the ‘sensible’ thing.

“Jacob, how can you expect Bella to do that!” I hissed, my arms crossing over my buldging stomach. He stared at me in shock.

“Cent! It’s killing her!” he almost whined.

I growled at the term ‘it’ and the pain washed off his face as he backed up. He probably thought I was hormonal or something.

“It, is a baby,” I snapped, my arms gesturing to ours where it was growing inside me. Confusion swept across his face and he grimaced visably.

“You cant make Bella get rid of it, it’s hers and she loves it, you figured that much out on your own didn’t you? If she wants to die for her kid, it’s her choice.”

Jacob pouted, but he knew argueing with me was pointless. “It’s the wrong choice,” he muttered. I smirked and ran my hands through his black hair.

“Are you telling me, you wouldn’t do the same thing? For our kid…die for it I mean.” I whispered, Jacob sighed and wrapped his arms around my enlarged frame. He knew I had a point.

“Theres a difference, our kid isnt a monster, sucking you dry from the inside out.” He said nuzzling my neck.

“Well, I cant entirely agree to that, I’m pretty sure that’s a monster in there.” I joked refurring to the baby’s near constant kicking in my side.

Jacob chuckled and leaned down to kiss my nose.

The fight was over, for now.

Jacob’s POV

I kissed Cent again quickly before going out into the woods to phase.

I knew the pack was waiting to hear what happened, but I wished I didn’t have to tell them as I phased and let my mind run over the confrontation with the bloodsucker for them.

They were silent before anxious thoughts pricked at my interest.

Sam wanted to attack, tonight.

What?!? Are you crazy! We cant attack them! My thoughts were purely in denial but only few other brothers agreed. It was Seth, Leah and Quil, all the ones who were close to Centhua, and along with her, the Cullens.

Jacob, this…thing is a problem, and I know you don’t want to upset your girlfriend, but the pack comes first, we have to have everyone's safety in mind. Sam’s Alpha voice was layered with command, and I flinched, but stood my ground.

That a load of bull, would you ever go around slaughtering Emily’s friends, Im not going to betray her that way, or the Cullen’s either, they’ve kept their end of the treaty, and the treaty doesn’t apply to this.

The treaty doesn’t apply at all anymore, Jacob, I am doing what is best for everyone, this child cannot be trusted to follow any treaty. And what happens when it shows up thirsty, what do you expect it to satisfy it’s hunger with?

Everyone was silent, watching the mental showdown between us in shock.

I wont follow you Sam, not for this. It’s just a baby for crying out loud,even if it’s too young to follow a treaty it’ll also be too young to cause’ the damage your thinking of.

I thought of my conversation earlier again and realized Centhua was right, as usual. There was no way, if I were in Bella’s position, and it was starting to feel like I was, that I wouldn’t give my life for my child, even if it was a killer.

Sam snarled, That is exactly why I mistrust your judgment Jacob, you let your feelings for Centhua cloud your head from the big picture.

Weighted with the command from the Alpha, my legs buckled beneath me and I fell. Seth, Quil, and Leah all snarled in return, the latter two struggled to get me to stand.

I did, and braced myself.

No.

Sam jumped back in surprise, I hadn't realized why until I felt the power surge in my veins, the instinct overpower me, making it hard to resist the urge to fight.

Everyone cringed away from the change inside me, Sam included, except Seth and the others. They embraced it.

We will not fight with you Sam, if you want to fight a war, then go ahead, but be warned I fight for the other side now. The pack stays with you- multiple snarls indicating that some of the others were joining me. I cringed at that but didn’t protest- well, the ones who choose, but the rest of us will go our separate way.

Quil and Leah already backed into the trees, Seth following after and Sam’s pack, now only six in number, watched in shock.

We are looking at the big picture. Leah snarled as an after thought. Just because you like making excuses doesn’t mean we have to.

With that, we turned and ran from them, their howls breaking the cloudy silent sunset while they were still too shocked to follow.

My thoughts were a bit more panicked than the others, who were joyous and smug from me standing up to Sam.

Quil, get Centhua to the Cullens now, Seth I need you to round up K-9 and Damien, I doubt the pack will attack the Cullens, but there still might be targets on them.

They silently agreed and I sighed in relief when Quil reached my house, Centhua came outside to see him and taking in his expression she let him phase.

Once he was human for a few minutes I had a slight panic attack because we couldn’t hear his thoughts, but the howls still went on so I relaxed a little.

I turned my thoughts to Leah.

What did you mean, by excuses? I asked her, Seth just reaching the guys so we were pretty much alone as we approached the Cullens.

Our relationship had been a lot easier than before, both of us no longer mourning over lost loves made us less likely to lash out at each other. That, and she loved Centhua too, like a sister, and if Cent and I were a package deal, she was willing to deal with that.

She snorted at my thoughts, running a line parallel to me.

Sam’s still prejudiced, against the vampires and Centhua, he’ll take any excuse to fight now.

There was no doubt in her head, which left none in mine.

It made my stomach twist, the thought of anyone hurting my girlfriend, well fiancée now I guess. The thoughts made me smile, and then Quil phased and the smile was wiped away. He was driving her to the Cullen’s and wanted me to know she was safe.

I sighed through my wolf mouth and my muscles relaxed a bit more.

Cent was safe, for now at least, and that was all that mattered.

XxX

We gave the bloodsuckers a run down and started running laps around their home. It was a bit paranoid maybe, but Leah had me nervous, and the howls had stopped a few minutes ago.

Quil drove up in Cent’s mustang a minute later. She knew, I could tell, her gaze immediately flickered out, directly to where I was standing and I left the cover of the trees.

I ducked my head down and whined, nuzzling her tiny face and licking her cheek. She smiled quietly before stroking the fur at the base of my neck.

“Quil told me what happened, are you okay?” she asked, with a tint of worry in her tone. I barked out a chuckle and gave a short head nod before nudgeing her towards the house.

She smiled before walking towards the door, Emmett standing on the porch in a tense eager state, gave her a small wave before she went in.

Sam wouldn’t hurt her.

No one would hurt her.

I’d die myself before I let that happen.

Leah’s thoughts were a silent bark in my head, sarcastic but also understanding. No one will hurt her, stop being so anxious.

I chuckled mentally, Easier said then done Leah, easier said than done…

Centhua’s POV

I wound up on house arrest at the Cullen’s ironically enough. Jacob only ever let me out of his sight to go run patrol with the other wolves, which wasn’t that often considering no one expected an attack.

Bella was worse today, and the same wild look that I’d gotten used to seeing in Edward’s eyes was back, even more so than before but it looked like it was only a small fraction of the pain he was in.

Bella was almost as far along as I was, although it’d been about a week, tops, since her return. Probably thirteen days since…well yeah.

Right now, no attack was on the horizon, but the La Push wolves (what was left of them) had made a temporary truce with us.

They went their ways, we went ours but of course that made Jacob all the more anxious. ‘

Right now, we were sitting on the couch, his arms around me and his big hand rubbing my stomach.

I had my feet curled up and Jacob’s dangled over the edge of it. I was close to being asleep, but I didn’t want to close my eyes yet.

Rosalie and Bella were sitting quietly when Edward’s head snapped up. I jumped a little and the baby kicked.

I winced-he was getting stronger-and Jacob rubbed that spot soothingly. “Did you say something?” Edward directed towards Bella her eyebrows pinched in confusion.

“No, why?” she muttered.

Edward ignored that and dropped onto his knees, his hands gently touched and traced over her stomach causing Jacob to go still beneath me. I looked up to see shock on his face as well as confusion.

“Say something,” Edward breathed, pressing his ear against it.

“What? Edward what’s going on?”

“It…the baby likes the sound of your voice.” He whispered, wonder and love lighting up his face, moving in where the darkness had once been.

“Holy crow you can hear him!?!” Bella shrieked before she winced. Edward shushed her before rubbing the spot where he must’ve kicked her.

“You startled it…him,”

Her eyes got the same lovestruck look and she patted her side too, cooeing out little nothings to her baby.

“What did you call him?” Edward asked when she muttered ‘Ej,’ under her breath. She flushed a little. “Well, I sorta named him,” she grumbled. “I didn’t want you to have to…well you know,” she said quietly flushing again. Rosalie leaned over her, “Do you have a back up plan? What if it’s a girl?”

Bella smiled, twirling the straw on the cup of blood she was drinking and confidently added “Renesmee, I toyed around with Renee and Esme and it just sorta fit.”

I smiled and Jacob kissed me lightly on the cheek. Rosalie seemed to notice us then.

“And what about you two, did you think about names?” she said pleasantly, which still wasn’t normal for me.

I shook my head and Jacob stayed quiet. “We want to wait until the baby’s actually here, more fitting I think, that’s how I was named, and nearly everyone in my family.”

I smiled crookedly, almost a smirk “My dad used to say plans are a waist of time. Fate doesn’t care for plans, nor will it matter if it decides to change them.”

I laughed quietly, wondering what Damien would’ve said if he were in here and not running around outside.

He would probably mention how spontaneous dad was, and how that’s where all my energy came from, we were spur of the moment people, both of us, and even though they got along better, there was always that relation there that kept him from kicking me out when I got irritating.

“He sounds like some one I would’ve liked to meet,” Edward said, a smile gracing his features. It was nice to see it there, since it had been dormant for so long.

“I still cant tell if it’s a boy or a girl,” Edward said with another loving yet frustrated look. Bella shrugged, smiling at me.

I knew she thought it was a boy, but I could tell it wasn’t. Even with the hard vampire membrane wrapped around it.

I was having a boy, and I carried mine differently, and her stomach was more ‘oval’ shaped while mine was rounded out more.

I guess you could call it woman’s intuition.

Jacob watched the little scene before sighing. I chuckled quietly “Time to run again Jake?” I asked he sighed again before I let him get up.

He lean down to kiss my lips lightly before taking off. “Love you,” he breathed, I smiled before curling back onto the couch. “I love you too,”

XxX

The next day, Carlisle still hadn't returned and everyone was getting antsy. Bella was too fragile to delay anymore and waiting would be useless.

There had been this sinking feeling in the back of my head that something was going to go wrong, but Edward just brushed it aside.

Jacob seemed to feel the same though, cause’ he took off patrol and hovered around the house, annoying Rosalie and entertaining me and Bella.

I found out why she had been so mad at me those firsts weeks of my pregnancy. She told me one time while Jacob was on patrol.

She had said that she was worried about me messing up Jacob because he was still only in high school and it would be harder for him to have a kid.

I’d forgotten the age difference between us, but Jacob didn’t seem to mind giving up so much for me, and for the baby. I’d felt bad at that point, seeing as I hadnt considered it before.

She didn’t give me time to ponder over it to much though because she also said that she’d let it go when she became pregnant and realised exactly why Jacob was willing to mess his future up for me. She knew she was doing the same, messing up her future.

I hadnt confronted Jacob about that yet, but I needed too soon.

How were we supposed to get married and take care of our son if he was still in school. It’d be too much.

Bella snapped me into reality when she called for Rosalie again. Rosalie giggled quiety and went to help Bella get up.

She said she wanted to walk and Jacob and I froze, knowing just how unstable Bella was. We went to protest but Rose had already let her stand.

Everything after that was all a blur.

The cup of blood Bella had been using to satisfy her vampire influenced ‘cravings’ fell and she reached out to get it automatically, a ripping sound was heard before Bella screamed out loud in agony.

Edward was at her side in an instant, screaming “THE PLACENTA DETATCHED! IT’S SUFFOCATING!!!”

Bella regained control of her voice then because she screamed at him to get it out of her in a voice that would’ve broken the windows werent they replaced by metal. I stood there uselessly while Jacob helped and Edward rushed her upstairs.

My hands dropped down to my own stomach while I tuned out the wild noises upstairs. Rosaile lost it, as far as I could tell because she was downstair suddenly after a few crashing noises, a wild look in her eye and holding her breath.

She rushed outside to clear her head and again I stood there.

Nothing left to do but wait.