Status: Complete

'Safe' Is Not A Word In My Vocabulary

Chapter 35

Centhua's POV

The next few hours were pure agony.

Rosalie came down about twenty minutes after Bella’s screaming cutt off and she carried a little blanket wrapped bundle. I couldn’t even bring myself to look at it, but I was right about the gender. Not the little son Bella imagined, but a baby girl like I’d predicted; Renesmee.

Jacob trudged down next.

He took in my expression and was at my side in an instant.

“Edwards…doing what he can,” he said quietly. I nodded, my throat to tight to speak and he led me to sit on the couch. I curled into him, exhausted beyond words and he rubbed my shoulder.

I hadn't been sleeping well, worrying about Bella for days and then the drama today had me on edge. “It’ll be okay,” he whispered, and I knew he believed that. My eyelids drooped.

With his reassurance, I was finally able to sleep.

Jacob’s POV

Cent looked so tired as she collapsed on the couch beside me. She was so stressed about Bella it was nearly making her sick.

Her skin was paler than usual and her hair wasn’t as shiny. She had deep circles beneath her eyes from lack of sleep and were very nearly bloodshot when they were open.

I hated to see her suffer but despite my near constant pleading, she just wouldn’t relax. I felt I could breath a little easier when she did though.

She looked so much better when she slept. All the stress and worry was wiped off her features and she looked like she was fifteen instead of eighteen or twenty.

I recalled when I’d first started sleeping over, how innocent and peaceful she’d looked then, making me feel like a stalker as I sat there staring at her.

Rosalie giggled at the little murderer and I glared. I knew Bella would pull through, she always did, but it wasn’t fair for the Blonde to have already claimed what she wasn’t leaving behind. Cent stirred and snuggled closer into me, making me feel the buldge in her stomach press against my side. I smiled down at her.

My fiancée, our baby, that was more than I’d ever thought to ask for, and more than enough.

I knew Bella had been talking to her about my school situation, but she didn’t realize that school had nothing for me anymore. Cent and our son were the most important things in my life right now, and school could wait. It wasn’t like being a junior was important, and after that it’s all senior year and college, neither of which I needed.

It was all predictable anyways.

The flirty slutty girls and guys who care more about their hair and sports than anything else. The teachers who think they had everything under control but were really just a tease.

It bored me beyond words. I’d concluded to give it up without a second thought.

Centhua stirred again, and a smile graced her features even in her sleep. I grinned at the sight, and wondered what she was dreaming about.

The ring I’d given her glinted in the light from the overhead lamp, and I thought I had an idea.

Centhua’s POV

I was dreaming I was in La Push. The sun was coming from the west, indicating that it was late in the day and it wasn’t cloudy for once.

I was walking, in a rhythm, to music I couldn’t hear, and I saw Jacob standing a distance away. He had a triumphant smile on his face and I realized he was in a tux and I was in a white gown.

My heart picked up a few notches as I realized I was marrying him.

I turned my head to see Damien leading me down a sand made isle and smiling at me. He placed my hand in Jacob’s and then the dream shifted.

I was on the beach again, but it was a different scene.

I was curled in on myself, staring out at the waves and rocky shores. A hand rested on my shoulder and I looked up to see Jacob smiling down at me, a little boy who looked so much like him it broke my heart was perched on his shoulders.

“Mommy!” he chanted pulling at Jacob’s hair and squirming until Jacob let him down. As soon as he hit the sand he launched himself into my arms.

I chuckled and Jacob sat beside me with a grin. “He missed you,” he said ruffling our son’s short hair. I giggled and kissed his head while he looked wistfully to the forest.

“I thought you two were in the shop with Damien?” I asked Jacob when the toddler curled up in my lap. He played with a strand of my hair and I realized it was long again.

“We finished early and Damien suggested I take this little rat-” he tickled the tiny form in my lap causing him to giggle-“to the beach to see you.”

I smiled before kissing him and the dream shifted again.

XxX

My eyes fluttered open a few minutes later and all the lights were off in the living room. I groaned and twisted my head so my nose was buried in the crook of his neck.

I heard Bella’s frantic heartbeat upstairs and knew Edward had given her his venom in time. Jacob chuckled, I felt him shake beneath me and then he sat us up.

“What time is it?” I whispered. He smiled and brushed a strand of loose hair from my face.

“Eleven, you were asleep for eight hours.” I groaned again and tried to stand, Jacob helped.

“I’m starving.” I grumbled hearing the Cullen’s flitting around the house doing who knows what. Jake and I were alone downstairs.

I walked clumsily to the kitchen and Jacob stood by me, one hand on my waist as if I was unstable. I fished out some bread and salami and made a sandwich and then had an apple. All my cravings satisfied at once.

I finished and didn’t want to go back to sleep. “How’s Bella doing?” I asked to break the silence. Jacob shrugged and I saw there was no concern on his face. It erased any final doubts I’d had.

“She’s…changing fine, Edwards getting anxious but he’s always been a nut, Carlisle said she’ll be okay.” I blinked in surprise at that news. “He was here?”

Jacob nodded “Just stopped in to check on Bella then went to get more blood for the baby.” His face twisted on the last word and I giggled.

He smirked at the sound and I looked up to where I could here Rosalie cooing at something. Jacob sighed and I turned to see him looking out at the river where Leah and K-9 were strolling in.

Even in the dark I could see the brilliant oranges and reds from the trees, and the more littered on the ground, knocked down by the harsh wind.

It was mid October, and it was warm for Forks, with the exception of the wind and rain. I doubted we’d get much snow this year.

“I have to go,” he grumbled, “Seth and Quil are waiting for me,” he leaned down and kissed me lightly while I grinned.

“Ill be here in the morning,” he said I smiled wider, a smirk taking over my face before I rolled my eyes. “So will I.”

XxX

The next morning Jacob was there like he said he would, but there was a distracted expression on his face. I set down the omelet I’d been eating and poked him in the ribs.

“Jake? What’s wrong are you okay?”

He shrugged weakly and smiled faintly. “K-9 told me tonights the full moon again.” He said quietly. I blinked in surprise and then my hand dropped to my stomach at the same time his gaze did.

“Worrying about the baby?” I asked causing him to chuckle humorlessly. “I’d say that’s an understatement.” I rubbed his arm soothingly and kissed his cheek.

“It’s okay, I might not even phase at all, and if I do it wont do anything but unsure he get’s the gene, which most likely will happen anyways since it’s coming from both sides.”

He sighed and pulled me into him. “I know, Damien explained the first month when you didn’t phase, but he said it’s really unpredictable and I’m just…” he didn’t finish and I pecked his lips.

“It’s okay, I understand, just relax, like you said, it’s been six months, it’s probably nothing to worry about now.”

He muttered something unintelligible and I sighed.

XxX

Two days was all it took for Bella to change.

Alice danced in the room the morning of with Bree and the rest of the Cullen’s seeming cheery and bright.

It was out of place here, since it’s been basically a haunted crypt lately.

“Morning!” she sang before leaning down to hug me. I chuckled and returned the hug, smiling at her. “Someone in a good mood today?” I joked causing her to laugh and Bree to roll her eyes. They were already changing shade, tinting from red to a bright shade of orange in only a few months.

“Two more hours until Bella wakes up,” she cheered looking at Alice for confirmation, she nodded and Bree smiled wider.

I was about to comment when Jacob strolled in, a smile on his face when he took in my form sprawled on the couch.

He quickly claimed a place beside me and Damien and Seth came in next.

They sat on the floor by my head and the girls moved over to give them space away from the stench.

“Morning,” all three commented, making me giggle and the girls roll their eyes. “Cute,” Alice muttered making me laugh again.

It was good to laugh, there was only so much drama I could stand this week. With Jacob getting on my back about phasing, (I didn’t, so I win!) and Bella changing to a vampire.

“Ooh, is that the baby?” Alice cooed when Rosalie arrived downstairs. Alice flitted to her side at the same time Bree did and Damien and Seth got up too.

“Awww,” the girls cooed, seeing Renesmee’s tiny face that was a mixture of both Edward’s and Bella’s best features.

Damien took a peak and then sat back down. Jacob stayed by me, an expression of obvious distaste on his face.

Seth went up to the trio.

He froze in place and stared at Renesmee, which would’ve been fine if I wasn’t the only one watching. Rosalie hissed and jumped back glaring at him and shifting Renesmee’s focus. Damien and Jacob’s head snapped up to see Seth blink in surprise.

“What did you do mutt?” Rosalie hissed making me get up along with my brother and Jacob, the latter who pushed me back down. I pouted at him and relaxed into the couch again.

“I-I don’t know…” he said, his eyes locked onto the place where Renesmee was looking over Rosalie’s shoulder at him.

Alice frowned, her brows furrowing together like she had another half breed enduced head ache and Bree crossed her arms over her chest.

“Would someone please explain to us what’s going on?” she whined making Rosalie growl and Emmett and Jasper appear downstairs to see what the commotion was about.

“Seth imprinted on the baby,” Damien said like it was obvious.

Several people in the room gasped, but I just blinked.

Seth jumped, and his eyes met Renesmee’s again, she squirned and reached for him, making Rosalie pull her back. She whined and I sighed, making everyone realise I was still there.

“You better hand her over Rose, keeping them apart isnt going to do anything but turn the kid against you.”

She scowled at me and all the friendliness from earlier was gone. Renesmee whined again for Seth, and he didn’t take his eyes off her.

“Rose…” I hinted making her snarl at me before grudgingly holding Renesmee out to Seth.

He took her automatically, her seeming perfectly relaxed while everyone in the room in either disgust or awe. “Bella’s gonna kill him,” Emmett said grinning, Jasper rolled his eyes. “No she wont, she’ll be too preoccupied.”

They took their bets and I rolled my eyes.

Men.

Way to lighten the mood.

Rosalie continued to glare at Seth and I laughed, turning my expression to Damien. “Looks like it’s your turn bro,” I joked making him stick his tongue out at me.

Jacob fell back into the couch, pulling my feet into his lap

“Your so good with kids,” he teased making me kick him in the chest. He winced theatrically before we all heard Bella’s heartbeat increase again.

XxX

Jacob and I had to stay downstairs with the baby and Seth when Bella ‘woke up’ but we could still hear every word that was uttered.

Bella was fine, slightly in shock when she saw her new face as far as I could tell, but fine. Her surprise after meeting her new face actually made me want to see what she looked like.

She went hunting though, so I guessed I’d have to wait.

XxX

Bella came back from hunting, and immortality suits her well, I think. Jacob wrinkled his nose but accepted her nonetheless.

Bella did attack Seth, making Emmett win the bet, but Jacob threw himself in the way. He broke his collar bone, again.

I was about to get Bella for that but Bree held me back and Jacob just brushed it off. Newborn, yeah right. She can stop herself from eating humans, but she cant keep her temper in check.

Edward chuckled at my thoughts but I knew he had wanted Bella to get Seth.

I glared at him lightly.

It could be worse, I thought making him raise an eyebrow.

Crusher could’ve imprinted on her. I thought making him frown.

I chuckled quietly and several heads turned. I just shook my head and blew it off.

XxX

Another month went by, and I was seven months along. Two more to go.

Renesmee grew to about the size of a three year old and Seth and Bella were taking her hunting right now. I was cooking, despite Jacob’s protests of me moving around, and such.

Walking was good for me, and moving made me feel less twitchy.

Alice sat on the counter chatting with me while Bree played piano with Edward in the other room and Jacob and Emmett watched a game.

The pack had backed off and Embry had joined us. No one could hurt Seth’s imprint.
We were only here because we wanted to be.

Alice suddenly froze, the plates I’d asked her to get toppling from her hands and shattering.

I blinked in surprise the same time several people rushed in, Jacob looking worried and Edward looking…wild. Like he was burning alive.

The same look as when Bella came home pregnant.

“Alice?” I squeaked when she moaned. “Irina,” she whispered. “Irina told the Volturi about Renesmee,” she whispered.

Edward’s phone rang and he flicked it open. “Bella?” he hissed leaving the room, already running. I felt the ice settle in my stomach and it was like I was having morning sickness again. Jacob was at my side in an instant and I fell into his arms. We were never going to be safe.

It was all over.