Status: Complete

'Safe' Is Not A Word In My Vocabulary

Chapter 43

Several month’s later, in December, when Anthony was ten month’s old, the shop put Dowling’s out of buissiness. Jacob and the guys were having a celebration party on Christmas eve, and we were all going to Damien and K-9’s.

None of us children of the moon really celebrated Christmas, because we werent really American, and it’s a national holiday that we find pointless, but we still gave each other things.

Anthony was dressed in a hat that looked like Elmo’s face (my love for that monster continues!) a pair of black pants and a blue t-shirt under a sweater and jacket. He was so cute. Jake put him up on his shoulders as we danced into the home the guys’ had gotten to replace their appartment. They had plenty of money from working in the shop, and I was proud of them.

Ammo and Crusher even gave up the drugs and other addictions, it took a while and Crusher was having a hard time for a while but they did it. Being a wolf helped.

“Jake’s here!” K-9 cheered while the rest of the former gang greeted us. Paul was here, with Rachel, and Kim and Jared were somewhere. Emily was sitting by Sam, her two month pregnant belly sticking out as she waved to us.

Bella and Edward were with Renesmee and the rest of the Cullen’s. We’d stopped by earlier to give out the gifts I’d bought for them, Seth (who never left) and Bree. We hadnt stayed long though, because Anthony didn’t like them much. He no longer tried attacking them, but the smell bothered him and I didn’t like upsetting him.

Sue Clearwater, had been living with Charlie for almost two months now, and Billy stopped being jealous so he was spending the evening with them. My little family and I, were going to stop by their homes individually tommorow.

“Hey guys,” I sang putting Anthony down on the floor. He crawled immediately over to K-9 and Leah, who were watching tv and cuddling. Leah pulled him into her lap and K-9 ruffled his hair. Crusher and Ammo were stealing food and Quil was holding Claire up by the window so she could look out at the inch of snow layering the ground.

She smiled at me and I returned it while hugging all my family and friends.

I talked with Emily about baby stuff, ate the food that Damien made and opened gifts from everyone.

It was constantly loud and the laughter of one person’s joke intterupted the telling of someone else’s. Claire played with Anthony and Crusher and Ammo joked that Quil had some competition. He just shook his head and laughed though.

Jake unwrapped his presents a bit after everyone else did because it was so crowded earlier. They were eating the desert Emily had made in the kitchen and we were alone.

“Having fun,” I teased when Quil picked Anthony up, Claire trailing behind, to go get him a drink. I warned him not to give Ant any ice cream because he reacts the same way I do with skittles. Then me and Jacob wouldn’t get any sleep.

“I’d rather unwrap you,” he whispered quietly in my ear. I rolled my eyes and elbowed him giggling.

“C’mon Jake, you can take it, there’s like, less than twenty days left.” I said just as quiet, grateful for the noise coming from the kitchen and covering my words.

He just pursed his lips though and entertwined our fingers while Anthony crawled over to us. He held his arms up, meaning he wanted to be picked up and I pulled him into our laps. He set his head obeidiently in Jacob’s and his feet in mine while he closed his eyes and yawned.

I leaned down to kiss his head and Jacob smiled.

I curled into his sde before kissing his neck innocently. “I love you,” I breathed.

“I love you too,” he said kissing me lightly.

I laughed and he raised an eyebrow at me. “What?” he asked. I shook my head.

“I cant believe that just last year I was hiding and you were about to go off and get yourself killed.” I admitted. He rolled his eyes, probably thinking I was insane for laughing at that and his arm tightened around me.

“Yeah, and now there are no more vampires and we’re one big happy family,” he teased chuckling at last. “Okay,” he aloud, “I guess that is pretty ironic.”

I nudged him and Ant shifted. Emily and Kim came back in with Damien and they grinned at the sight of the three of us.

“So about this wedding,” Kim started, as she had many time before. I glared at her and Jacob chuckled.

He wanted a big wedding, and I let him saying that he could as long as we got a real honeymoon while Ant slept over K-9’s and Leah’s. Compromise was my best option at this point because if it was up to me we would’ve gotten married like Bella had wanted to; in Vegas.

“Is that all you talk about?” I asked Kim and she giggled. “Yeah, I mean, it’ll be nice to have another wedding since Emily’s got delayed.” She eyed Emily’s stomach and I whacked her, bending forward to do so.

Ant stirred but didn’t wake up and Jacob pullde him into his own lap while he watched the two of us bicker like sisters. Eventually, I got Kim to stop asking for details I was too tired to give and everyone came back into the livingroom who hadnt already left.

It was mostly quiet as conversations went on around us and Jacob met my eyes. It was easy to see that we both were ready to go home and he stood up, shifting Anthony so he was now holding him with his head leadning against Jacob’s chest.

I stood too and hugged what was left of my friends and kissing my brothers cheeks. Then, I followed Jacob out into the cold and we drove home slowly, for the streets were icy and then both tucked Anthony in.

It was almost one, and Jake had patrol in the morning, around twelve. We both fell asleep quickly, the sound of Anthony's and our own even breathing the only sound in the whole forest.