Status: Complete

'Safe' Is Not A Word In My Vocabulary

Chapter 5

Centhua’s POV

The guys invited me over to Emily’s tomorrow and I said I’d come. Jacob seemed happy.

We exchanged numbers and I pre-programmed their ring tones.

I knew I was probably just shooting myself in the foot with my words but I was getting addicted. I was really starting to wonder whether or not this was just about Claire’s safety…

I pushed that thought aside and started getting myself together.

I took a shower, brushed my hair, and sat on the couch with a blanket and a tub of ice-cream. I needed to relax, and nothing does that better than sugar.

I kept getting the feeling someone was watching me, which wouldn’t have been a surprise but…I couldn’t sense anyone nearby.

I jumped when my cell rang, but luckily I recognized Katy Perry the ring tone.

Last Friday night
Yeah we danced on tabletops
And we took too many shots
Think we kissed but I forgot

Last Friday night
Yeah we maxed our credit cards
And got kicked out of the bar
So we hit the boulevard

Last Friday night
We went streaking in the park
Skinny dipping in the dark
Then had a ménage a trios
Last Friday night
Yeah I think we broke the law
Always say we're gonna stop-op
Whoa-oh-oah


I didn’t let the song finish but answered it.

“Yeah K-9 what’s up?” I asked and I heard the loud pounding of music in the back ground. “Cent, Crusher’s drunk and we’re at a party can you give us a ride?” I sighed internally but answered “Yeah.”

“Thanks babe you’re the best” he said giving me a detailed description of where they were and how to get there.

XxX

I quickly threw on a red shoulder less top and black skinnies. My hair had dried and it was now falling down my back in waves.

K-9 was my best friend, even though he’s human and Im a wolf. (He doesn’t know and I have no intention of telling him) Crusher, Ammo and Bones are members of his crew.

Crusher has dark skin and cropped black hair, he’s huge. He’s got muscles that have been known to make guys as big as Jacob do a double take and he is not afraid to use them. Crusher probably the biggest womanizer you’ll ever meet. He hasn’t tried anything that I know of while Im around but the guys talk…He’s a bit of an addict, he smokes continually and gets drunk when he feels like it.

Like now for instance.

Ammo is more of a weapon type guy, not too much muscle, but a whole lot of fire power, be it legal or not. That’s how he got the name ammo. He’s got a russet completion (like the guys on La Push) and his hair is black. He has it chin length and parted down the middle, half is tucked behind one ear while he lets the other swing free. He doesn’t look dangerous but he is.

Bones isn’t really like the others. He’s tall with short curly hair and hazel eyes. He doesn’t talk but he has this look on his tanned face that screams ‘dangerous’. He glares at people for no good reason, just because he can. (And as much as he won’t admit it to anyone, he really is a gentle giant.) They’re like a gang, highly dangerous and wanted by the law.

We can’t all be saints.

I was in Port Angeles when we met, they tried to jump me but I was a bit more than they could handle.

We’ve been besties ever since.

Edward and Bella don’t like me hanging out with them because they carry weapons and they do drugs, but there alright. K-9’s practically my older brother and he’d never let me get hurt. But Im not exactly as fragile as he thinks I am.

XxX

I pulled up outside of the dreg house and locked my door before leaving. I saw several guys look at me and lick their lips.

They had no idea how easy it would be for me to kill them.

I went in without knocking and scanned the room. I saw K-9, trying to persuade a very drunk looking Crusher to come outside.

I sighed and went to help him…..

Once we got Crusher wrestled into the back seat, he pretty much passed out. K-9 sighed in relief and shot me a grateful look while getting in the passenger seat.

“Centhua, you are without a doubt, the most amazing girl ever.” I rolled my eyes grinning and he turned the music on low volume.

Immediately, ‘DJ Got Us Falling in Love’ came on and we had to contain ourselves so we didn’t wake Crusher up. K-9 sang the Usher part while I sang Pit-bull’s and we both sung the chorus’s.

We were trying so hard not to laugh by the time we got to their trashed up apartment I was turning red and purple.

The only thing that would keep us from dying is if we got Crusher inside before his hangover caught up with him. Ammo was sleeping in his broken recliner and Bones was out. "So what were you guys doing at the party anyways?" I asked and K-9 rolled his eyes "Crusher wanted beer...didnt want to pay for it...Bones ditched us and took the car..." He trailed off and I nodded in understanding before hugging him. I smiled, said goodbye to K-9 and started to drive home.

People could say whatever they wanted; this was my family.

XxX

I barely got any sleep because I arrived home at one. I had deep circles under my eyes in the morning. I groaned into my pillow.

It was Monday.

Time for school and no doubt, Edward would chew me out for what I did last night. Not that it would change anything. It’d just be giant pain in the you-know-where.

I sighed as my 2005 mustang pulled into the Forks high parking lot. People usually stared at me, because apparently Im pretty or something, but this was beyond ridiculous.

I sent out a cold glare as I got out of my car. People turned their heads but watched me out of the corner of their eyes.

Wonderful.

I sat in the back of my first class but somehow, people found a way to turn and stare. I kept the angry scowl on my face and when a teacher asked me a question I would answer in a hiss. After my first two classes, the teachers must’ve spread the word not to mess with me today cause’ the rest of them gave up.

Fourth Period is where I have to sit with Edward and Bella for Spanish. Luckily I have third period with just Bella so she won’t know what’s going on immediately.

I sat down in my seat a few seconds before the bell rang. Mr. Berty started the lesson as soon as I was down and I stared out the window the whole time. I could feel Bella’s curiosity radiating from her as the English lesson continued.

The bell rang all too soon and I grimaced, I thought about making a run for it, but decided against it. “You okay, you seem…distracted” Bella asked me, and I was aware of her ‘so called’ friend Jessica listening in while she pretended to gather her books.

Bella waited and I sighed “Just had a long night didn’t get in till late cause I was in Port Angeles.” I only gave her that much and nodded a small nod towards Jessica, Bella understood immediately and I walked out.

I didn’t know how she would react to my latest visit to the guys. Bella always surprised me nowadays. We would fight over stupid things and then make up an hour later. Bella was bad at holding grudges. I on the other hand, I was just forgiving to her little temper tantrums. I will never understand the mind of a teenage human.

What was it that Edward called her again? Oh yeah, an angry kitten who thinks it’s a tiger. I was thinking about this randomly as I entered Spanish one minute late with Bella and Jessica. The teacher looked up, but didn’t say anything as she continued with her lesson. Another plus side to my bad mood.

Edward gave me a small smile as I sat down at our usual group of desks.

It was me, him and Bella in one little section. Which, I was grateful for usually, since I didn’t have to talk to anyone. But not today.

The period was bound to pass quickly.

Edward watched my chaotic train of thought and frowned slightly. When I finally finished his eyes were black and angry, narrowed slightly as he glared at no one in particular. I sighed and Bella bit her lip, probably to keep from asking a question.

The bell rang all too soon and I was out the door before the teacher looked up. Edward was behind me. Bella barely made it out of the class by the time we rounded the corner to the cafeteria.

We were some of the first two there and Edward went to go sit at a different table than our usual. No doubt waiting for me to join him so he could flip out. I sighed and quickly got a bottle of water and a burger with fries.

I don’t care what I eat because my werewolf metabolism will burn it off almost instantly. I dropped my tray down on the table with dramatically exaggerated patience. “Ok Cullen, what’s on your mind?” I said while biting a fry. He continued to glare while people came in. Noticing us there with scowls on our faces, they stayed away. Bella looked like she was debating whether or not to join us before she sighed and dropped her tray down next to Edward, already on his side.

So it was going to be like that was it? Two could play that game.

“What’d I miss?” she asked and Edward nodded to me. “Centhua it seems has been commuting with the gangs again.” His eyes were still dark but his expression had turned neutral. I rolled my eyes while Bella’s eyes widened.

Before either of them could speak I cut them off. “Look,” I said stiffly “I don’t know why you guys are freaking out about it. It’s not like they could hurt me, even if they tried and I’m pretty sure they don’t carry any silver bullets.” I rolled my eyes when I was done to show them I didn’t really care what they said but Edward was unconvinced.

His face was angry again. “Is this some kind of a sick joke to you Cent? Why would you even take the risk? They aren’t the safe. Even if you can handle yourself, are you finding it necessary to put yourself in the line of fire? Are vampires not enough of a threat, you need pimped out gang members after you too?”

I let him rant; getting it out of his system, snickering when he called them ‘pimped out gang members’. There is nothing funnier than Edward Cullen and words out of his time.

He stared at me and fumed. Bella patted his arm soothingly. His words had been a hiss, low and steady; I doubt she’d heard half of them.

“I’m not putting myself in danger, besides, Im not going to survive much longer anyways.” my voice coming out a mumble at the last part.

His expression softened.

“Cent…don’t…you know that’s not true” he murmured and I sighed looking at my hands.

“Unfortunately, it is. Im going to die and we both know it.” He flinched and Bella looked at me with sad eyes. “Cent…” she started but I cut her off “Were gonna be late” I mumbled getting up and dumping my tray.

XxX

I sat through biology and didn’t bother paying any attention. In Gym, I took all my anger out during dodge ball. Thankful I could run and throw things nonstop. Luckily, Edward was on the other team so he couldn’t criticize me. Bella sat out. I went to my car without hesitating when school was out and I was relieved to get away.

I went to the beach and wandered aimlessly.

“Hey Cent!” a familiar voice called out I turned and a smile spread across my face.