Status: on hiatus for one of two reasons: i don't know where it's going or i'm focusing on other stories.

Desperate but Not Hopeless

Corie Blackwell is such a tomboy. She screws around with her best friend, Evelyn Stanton, and they get into the worst of trouble. Despite being a tomboy, though, Corie is incredibly close with her mother, Cassie Blackwell, after her father was killed in action in the military. With an eleven-year-old sister who was diagnosed with leukemia six years ago, Corie's life turns upside down when she is mysteriously separated from her mother one day at a concert with her. But then Corie meets the band of the concert she went to, Green Day, and they are the ones Corie will end up thanking for not only helping her to find her mother, but also other problems, including an abusive boyfriend and her sister taking a turn for the worst.

Disclaimer: This story is probably more original fiction that you're used to in a fanfiction, but that doesn't mean I own any more of it. I don't own any of the members of Green Day or any of their affiliates, but I do own the Blackwell family characters and others. Please don't steal.
  1. one.
    intro chapter where we get to see life through a bit of everyone's eyes.
  2. two.
    Corie + Evelyn + car = party.
  3. three.
    party's over. did i hear a mention of an amazing band at the end? xD
  4. four.
    drama meets our main girl and we meet a mysterious benefactor.
  5. five.
    Evelyn demands details and Corie keeps her mom updated.