‹ Prequel: Something More
Status: Back in Action :)

I'll Never Let You Go

I Need To Get Out of This Town

Scarlet’s POV

I hadn’t gone home, I hadn’t even tried. It’d been a week since I caught Aria and Zack in bed – the longest week of my life – but I sucked it up to go to school. Though when I saw Aria it took all I had to act as if nothing was wrong. She came into class, the two days I had her class, as if she never did anything wrong but I could see in her eyes that she was sorry for something. I never gave her more than a small gaze once in a blue moon as I went over their midterm requirements and such. The class went by quite smoothly, regardless if I wasn’t very helpful to them those few days. I apologized beforehand though, saying that there were some issues that I needed to deal with so my mind wasn’t exactly on their English midterm.

Once they all understood what I had explained, I let the students out of class a few minutes early. A few students, who were older, all came up to me and said they were sorry for what was going on and they hoped it all got better. I gave them a smile and thanked them for their concern before they left to go study. Aria waltzed up to the desk the second day of class but I just looked up at her with a look that said, “Do you really want to talk to me after what you did?” and she just shut her mouth and left. When that happened I fell into my chair and tried not to kill something, or better yet, someone.

I had the power to manipulate people and control them, but no matter how hard I tried I could never get that tramp away from my husband. It sickened me to think about it. Zack was supposed to be with me, he was supposed to be my one and only love but he was spilling further and further out of my grasp. How was that even possible? I let my head rest on my desk as I tried not to think about anything, my hair in its usual curls and head band. The blonde curls covering my arms and part of my back. There was nothing more in this world that could get me down.

“Knock, knock,” My head snapped up, a smile slowly growing on my face.

“Hey kiddo, how’s my little girl?” My heart swelled up, my feet carrying me to my ‘daddy’ before anyone could have ever seen me move. My arms wrapped around Emmett’s neck as he smiled widely at me. He and Rosalie had been in Africa on yet another one of their trips when everything had started to happen. No one got ahold of them until a few days ago and they hopped on the first plane home.

“I missed you,” I said quietly into his chest as I held him. “I missed you so much.” I felt Emmett nod his head against mine; just letting himself hold me as I let him know in his head what was going on. There was no excuse in his mind for what Zack did. He thought Zack was a jackass and at the moment I agreed with him. There was no going back to how things used to be.

“I missed you too, baby girl.” Emmett kissed my temple gently before speaking again. “You need to quit
and come back to Forks. Carlisle has been talking to some people and we may have found you a job up there.” He smiled, pushing me back a little so he could look down at my face. I gave him a half smile and sighed softly. I didn’t know if I could do that to these kids, but I didn’t want to stay here anymore. I wasn’t going to win Zack’s heart back and he wasn’t about to get me to forgive him for anything.

I replied quietly, “I’ll think about it. Let me get through mid-terms next week and I’ll let you know.” Emmett nodded his head and we then walked back towards my desk, me sitting in my chair and him sitting on my desk carefully. I did not have much to say on matters around the subject anymore. Emmett had heard from Edward about what had happened and I just left the matter alone. I wasn’t about to try and explain that Edward and I were staying in a hotel room in town now. Emmett would find any reason to freak out.

(insert design)

When I returned back to the hotel room that night, after getting Emmett a drink and sending him back on his way, I pulled off my heels and walked over to the bed that was placed in the middle of the small room. I sat down, my back to Edward as he flipped through the channels on the television. I could picture him grumbling under his breath as he found the shows ‘awful’ and yet ‘humorous’, it made me giggle. A soft chuckle was heard from behind me as I felt Edward shift in the bed and sit up with his back against the head board.

“I’m so grateful that you find me flipping through the channels funny.” He said playfully before I felt his breath on the back of my neck. Having pulled my hair into a ponytail before I drove home, the side and majority of the back of my neck were exposed to him. His face seemed closer than it was before, his lips almost brushing the marble hard skin that lie there.

“I’m glad you’re grateful,” I countered, smiling as I leaned a little to my right and looked back at him over my left shoulder. Our lips were dangerously close, my eyes wandering over his face. The ever present stubble that he’s had upon his chin was never something I tried to notice before, but I actually liked it on him now. Or the fact that his lips were so…kissable and inviting, something that almost reminded me of – I stopped my thinking process before I just smiled and looked up into his eyes. He held this small - yet almost mischievous smile on his lips and I almost smacked myself for forgetting that he could read my mind. That caused him to chuckle and he brought his hand up, slowly brushing some stray hairs off of my face. His fingers were soft, so soft and comforting. I knew if it were possible to blush I’d be fifty shades of pink and red.

“You’re adorable, you know that?” Edward murmured softly as he let his hand rest on my cheek, letting his skin almost warm mine in the touch. My eyes closed slowly and I leaned my cheek into his hand softly, the sensation just making me feel better and comforting me. I could hear the smile on Edward’s face as he chuckled warmly and his thumb stroked my cheek. Was I going crazy here, or were we bonding? And not the kind of bonding that we should have either…

“Hey,” his voice brought me back to reality, my eyes snapping open to see his dull gold eyes looking back at me. Edward’s voice was affectionate, quiet and held an almost desirable tone to it.

“What?” Hesitantly I replied while looking up into his eyes with unsure eyes. Edward just shook his head lightly while his thumb kept brushing my cheek with long, tender strokes. The smoothness of his skin on mine sent relaxing waves down my body, or at least that’s what I thought it was.

“You think too much,” mumbled words left his lips but I didn’t really catch them before his lips were on my cheek in a gentle peck. With a small shake of my head I stood up and stretched with my arms over my head. We had never come that close to kissing, ever. It was odd but at the same time I liked how it felt to be close to him.

“I can still hear you, you know?” Edward laughed behind me as I shook my head and walked back towards the bathroom to change out of my work clothes. Though that did not really matter, if I had to change or not, I loved to wear comfortable clothes. I focused on keeping Edward out of my head for now, letting my thoughts be my thoughts. Maybe it was best if I just kept to myself, my thoughts I mean. Edward and I had never gotten along until last week and it was different… a good different.

I let a small, simple sigh leave my pale lips as I ran a hand over my blonde hair. My eyes looked into the long mirror that hung over the granite hotel bathroom sink. The reflection I saw was flawless, well as flawless as I could be. My hair was pulled back into a loose ponytail that hung down to between my shoulder blades; honey blonde and bleach blonde the primary colors shining through. My snowy skin seemed dull to my eyes, even it was a smooth white color. The honey eyes that rested under dark blonde eyebrows were darkening with every hour I was not feeding. It had only been about a week since I had gone out hunting, but rest assured I probably needed more blood than ever with the past few days I had had. My loose tank top hung off of my curves with an elegance that seemed almost unreal and the top of my tighter sweats was hidden under the shirt.

Examining my reflection seemed to be doing nothing for me. I was not doing anything but being petty, or maybe I was just examining reasons as to why Zack would leave me. Why he fell out of love with me. My fist hit the counter at an alarming speed, cracking the granite and making me cuss under my breath.
Edward opened the door and looked around a little startled. “What is going on in here, Scarlet?” I just shook my head and sat on the toilet seat cover. I did not have words for what was going on. Maybe I was just having a mild breakdown, or maybe I was going crazy.

“I need to get out of this town…” I mumbled as my eyes looked up at his. “I want to go home.” I felt like I was crying the way my voice cracked and whined. Edward’s facial expression fell into one that was soft and worried.

“Hey now…” he whispered, crouching down in front of me as his hands rested on my cheek softly. “We’ll leave tomorrow if you want, okay?” I merely nodded my head and swallowed my pride as my arms hugged his neck tightly; my head resting against his. There was nothing else I wanted than to go home and spend time with my family.
♠ ♠ ♠
HEEEEEEEEY :)

I'm sort of back my people!!! I am finding myself with a little but of free time now, even with working 30+ hours a week and trying to be on top of everything I need for school.

Please, tell me how you liked the chapter. Tell me what you want to happen and get ready to meet one sass master you wont forget in the next chapter!!

Love you all to pieces

xox