Got Me In A Trance

2/27/11

We headed to my house, it was a little off the beach and her driver dropped us off saying that he would be there at noon tomorrow. We walked in and the air conditioning hit like a wall of cold against the California heat. Maddie was carrying a pair of pajamas from the bus as we walked up to my room. I packed up a suitcase before we went to bed, well, I insisted that she take my bed and I would sleep on the couch although she protested saying that she was a guest and didn’t want to push me out of my own bed, and I insisted that she sleep in my bed, so we ended up sharing it, although it’s a California King so we had plenty of space.

In the morning I couldn’t find where she went but I walked downstairs and she was down in the kitchen making breakfast.

“Good morning Johnny.” She said as she placed a plate of food in my hands and sat me at the table. “Did you sleep alright?”

“Just dandy actually.”

“That’s good, it’s a good thing you packed last night, the bus should be here in half an hour.” She said; it was now that I noticed she was dressed and ready to leave.

“You look nice today.” I said, making her smile.

“Thank you. Now, there was one thing that didn’t occur to us yesterday.”

“What’s that?”

“Are you telling your friends that you’re leaving? I mean, you are in the band, so I thought you would want to tell them.”

Just then the door burst open and the guys walked in yelling my name.

“Kitchen!” I yelled and they walked in.

“Hey! Who is this? Why have you been hiding this beautiful lady from us short shit?” Jimmy asked.

“Hey! You’re the girl from last night.” Zacky stated.

“Yeah, I’m Maddie, I did meet you all last night.” She said sitting down with us.

“I gotta tell you guys something.” I said.

“Well… spit it out dammit!”

“I’m going away, in like ten minutes.”

“Where you going?”

“New York.”

“Like city or the state?” Zacky asked.

“The city is in the state you dumbass.” Matt said.

“Yeah, but I’m still curious.”

“The state, I’m going with Maddie, she lives there.”

“Why?”

“Because.”

“Lame response.”

There was a horn sound outside and Maddie stood up.

“See you in a minute, kay?” She said giving me a kiss on the cheek an walking outside.

“Yeah Johnny! Get some!” Jimmy cheered after the door closed behind her.

“How did you get a girl like her? She’s hot!” Brian asked.

“Brian you’re a pig. Its nice to see you happy Johnny.” Matt said. “Now go on, she’s waiting for you.”

Matt walked out to the bus with me after I grabbed my bag of clothes.

“How long are you staying?”

“I don’t know, I have no idea how long the road trip to New York is gonna take, but I’m gonna help them build a snow castle while I’m there.”

“Alright, have fun, I’m gonna miss you shortie.” Matt said giving me a hug.

“JOHNNY!” The rest of the guys yelled running out.

“We’re gonna miss you!” They all yelled giving me a big bear hug.

“I’m gonna miss you--”

“Johnny? Why don’t they come with us? I mean, there’s more than enough room on the bus, and they’re your friends.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, of course. We weren’t scheduled to leave until tonight, so the guys can pack their stuff and meet us here, Chase -- the driver -- he won’t really mind since he gets paid the same anyways.”

That was that, they had headed home to pack and we would swing by their houses to pick them up around six. Until then Chase was gonna drive the two of us around town, she wanted to see what the shopping was like in Huntington. We shopped for hours, we went out to lunch, shopped more and packed everything into the bus’ storage.

We headed over to pick up Brian first, he had his suitcase and a bag. The suitcase went into storage and he brought the bag onto the bus. After that we went to Matt’s house, after he called and said Jimmy and Zacky were there waiting with him. They put their stuff on the bus as well and we headed off to the next state.

“There’s only one rule on the bus, its pretty simple.” Maddie said.

“This,” She said pointing to one of the top bunks. “Is my bunk, the rest I don’t care what you do, but don’t touch anything in it.”

We all sat around watching a few of the movies in her vast collection that were on the bus. Maddie came and curled into my side and fell asleep with her head on my shoulder. We weren’t officially dating or anything, but I can’t help but think how lucky I am to have found her.