Sequel: Fictional Memories
Status: Sequel is out! Fictional Memories! Go read it my friends! X3

The Taste Of Chocolate

Three.

All the lights shut off. My eyes adjusted normally fast but this time it took longer. It was so dark I couldn’t even see the outline of my hand. What is going on? I shut my eyes. It’s just the dark. There is nothing in the dark. I could not only hear the breathing but I swear I felt it on the back of my neck.
“Diyah?” All the lights came back and there stood Uncle Joe at the doorway between the workshop and the front office. “What happened to the lights?” He came walking closer. I shrugged then continued sweeping. “Hey Diyah it’s almost 7 go ahead and clock out and go wait for your father.” I nodded picking up the dust pan. The feeling didn’t go away neither did the feeling of someone watching. I stood by the front door waiting for dad. 7:43, really dad. “Hey kiddo I just called your pops and he said traffic is a killer but he’ll be here in 5.” I nodded I just wanted to get out and away from this place. I couldn’t admit it but I didn’t like it when Joe left me alone to go grab or finish something. Hurry up dad!

Honk! Honk! I waved to Uncle Joe. “See you tomorrow kiddo!” He waved back watching me safely and happily get into the car. “Sorry Diyah traffic was a killer.” I waved my hand back and forth telling him it was alright. I was just happy he did come. “You know honey you’re going to have to get your license soon I can’t keep taking you to and from work.” I scoffed. This was his fault. He was the one who gave me this job. I didn’t want it.

Dad put the car in park and we got out. I never thought I would miss being home. I slumped through the door, taking off my flats. “Dinner is ready.” I sat down at the table. “Bryce how was school?” We passed around the bowl of salad. “Stupid! Megan said she was my friend but she took my hiding spot so we aren’t friends anymore.” Bryce was a second grader and the cutest I have ever seen. “Diyah how’s the new job?” Janie loved to talk at the table. I gave her a thumbs up. “Joes said that she did great for the first day.” Janie patted my hand. “She’s our Diyah of course she’s going to do great.” Janie was very encouraging and loving I had no problem with her.

I helped Janie clean up the dirty plates as dad got Bryce ready for bed. “Is there any guys you like at school?” She asked this at least twice a week and I always shook my head no. “Well I’m pretty sure there are a lot of guys who like you.” Like me? Yah right! They think I’m a freak. Janie excused me from helping her anymore since she knew I had homework to be done. I pulled out The Picture Of Dorian Gray and flipped open to the first page. I was exhausted but I had to read the first chapter or I was going to be screwed.
Done! I stretched up out of the bed, closed the curtains and set the book on my desk. I pulled out my matching pajama tank top and shorts of Scooby Doo. I sighed, grabbed Beast, and crawled up under the covers. Goodnight. I shut my eyes I was more tired then what I thought.

“I herd you walking around downstairs last night. You alright?” Dad took a sip of his morning coffee. I nodded. It was only the same nightmare I have every night. I wore a berry red romper with black leggings under it with a pair of red bowed flats. I opened the front door waving to all of them. “I’ll be here at 4 so be ready to go.” I nodded then shut the front door. I worked from 4:30 to 7 on weekdays and 10 to 6 on the weekends. What fun! Have I ever said that I like my morning walks? Smiling to myself I decided to dig through my bag and get my ipod. Where is it? I stopped in front of a house and rummaged through my bag. Must have forgotten it. I ran my fingers through my hair. My hair was shorter than shoulder length so it always stayed down. I found myself yawning one after another.

“Julian as alpha male you need to find your mate soon or the elders will start questioning.” Mack had brown almost shaven hair and green eyes. “You don’t think I don’t know this?” Girls smiled as they passed the group. “If you do, then start trying harder.” Mack hit Blaine’s foot. Blaine lay on top of his car sunbathing. “Blaine don’t you agree?” Blaine hopped down from his car. “He’s alpha he can decide when he wants a mate.” Julian and Blaine pounded fists. “But Julian it is concerning.” Blaine leaned against his car with a toothpick in his mouth. “What?” Both Blaine and Mack looked at one another than back to him. “You’ve taken an interest in the mute.” Mack finished.

“Diyah!” I entered the school parking lot and found Julian smiling at me. I waved awkwardly then rushed inside. I opened my locker. “Hey mute!” I didn’t even flinch. They didn’t matter to me. “Hey mute.” The same girl poked me in the shoulder. I turned to her. “Stay away from our Juli baby.” Juli baby? “Yeah we heard that you are now working at the shop with him.” News sure does travel fast. “Hey say something!” They stopped then burst out laughing. Oh ha ha! I saw my bottle of water at the top of the locker. It would be a waste of water but oh boy I would be laughing. I popped the cap off then tilted it over their heads.

“You bitch!” They shrieked. A bitch is a dog, a dog barks, bark is from a tree, a tree is a part of nature and nature is beautiful so thank you. The bottle was empty; I slammed my locker, smiled, threw the bottle in the trash and walked off to Math. I will never regret that. I laughed silently and walked into Mr. Biggens class.
The bell rung and before I could make it out the door Mr. Biggens stopped me. “Ms. Diyah would you like to try out for our math competition you wouldn’t have to speak?” This was the third time this year Mr. Biggens had asked me. I shook my head no. “Okay but when you change your mind just come and tell me.” I smiled and nodded leaving the room.

Right when I walked out I saw girls and even some guys glaring at me. Take a picture it will last longer. I sighed mentally hitting myself in the head. I really shouldn’t have done that. “Hey mute!” I turned around to find the boyfriends of the two girls earlier. Crap! I looked at them, then faced forward and continued walking. “Hey bitch!” Second time I have been called that.
One of them pushed me…….right into Julian. “Oh Julian! Man sorry.” He helped me back on my feet. “She needs to watch where she’s going.” The other guy said. “Yeah such a klutz.” The guys started cracking up, Julian walked past me and towards the two guys. “Didn’t your mom ever tell you not push girls?” They nodded apparently terrified of him. “Scram.” Just like he ordered they ran off.

Oh no! There it went again! My heart started beating fast. “You need to stick up for yourself like you did this morning.” I looked up at him and he laughed. “Yeah I saw. That was pretty epic.” A guy with brown shaven hair leaned down by my left shoulder. “You’re kick ass.” I laughed awkwardly. “Diyah these two people right here are Mack and Blaine.” I smiled to both of them.
The bell started going off. I excused myself and left.

“Okay Julian I was wrong.” Mack admitted. “I’m glad.” Julian said sarcastically. “She has what it takes, you can tell by the look in her eyes.” Blaine added as they made their way to the gym. “As alpha you need a mate to bare your children and carry on your legacy.” Mack said after a couple seconds of silence. “And that Diyah chick seems like she can do it.” Blaine bluntly added when they entered gym doors.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's up! I'm trying to update everyday and so far it's working! I haven't loved a story like this in a long time!
Unlike my other stories I'm not completely rushing the romance, cause Diyah still doesn't really like Julian.......yet. :D

Comment, subscribe and Enjoy!