Sequel: Fictional Memories
Status: Sequel is out! Fictional Memories! Go read it my friends! X3

The Taste Of Chocolate

Seven.

I held up pictures of different men with red X’s slashed through them. What was this? Was mom a hit woman? Was she cheating on dad? I took out all the pictures of men and some of women. There was a couple folded up papers. When I took those out I then found the reason to why the box was so heavy in the first place. A gun?! I gazed at it in horror. How could mom own such a thing?! She told us she didn’t even know how to hold a gun, let alone fire it.

I set the box on the bed with the gun still in it. I picked up the only crumpled letter.

Dear Samuel,


I fear my husband might know. I don’t know how long I can keep all these secrets. As I watch the leader and his son I find more and more out about them. He would do anything for his heir…..anything.
I cannot and will not let Daisy marry into such a family just to be a toy to them, to only bare the heir’s children. But I fear it’s not Daisy that they want……I fear it’s my precious Diyah.

Siren.


I read the last sentence at least ten times before I forced my eyes away from the words. I shoved everything back into the box then shoved that box back where it was. I didn’t understand. What was she talking about? Leader? Marry into a family? Bare his children?!
I wanted to scream but instead I slid my back against the wall falling to the ground. I fear it’s my precious Diyah. Those beautifully written words still played in my mind. Did that mean she did love me?

I sat in that same position, with my legs curled up to my chest. Then I herd glass from downstairs break. What? I cracked open my bedroom door still on the ground. I saw a shadow coming from the living room area. Thief! I left the door, opened my closet, grabbed Beast, his stuffed dog and climbed up into the attic.
A few moments later I herd footsteps coming up the stairs. Not good! I gave myself a little peep hole so I was able to see out the closet just a tiny bit.

A man in all black came walking in my room. “Where is it?” He mumbled rummaging through my room, messing everything up. What is he looking for? He stood back up in my view. His left arm revealed a tribal tattoo.
What was I going to do? I couldn’t call anyone; I had no one to text. The alarm system! Dad had it installed last year and you can sound it with a call from a phone. I dialed the numbers and waited. The alarm sounded and the guy ran.

I waited until I herd the police call out. One came into my room right when I was coming down with Beast in my arms. “Is there anyone else here?” I shook my head; he lowered his gun and went back downstairs.
All I wanted was to get through senior year! Is that too much to ask?!

“This is my house!” I herd dad shout. “Diyah?!” He entered the house and found me on the couch. “Diyah.” He let out a sigh of relief. “You alright?” I nodded. He patted my leg. “I’ll be right back.” He walked over to one of the cops.
I was in deep trouble for skipping school. Dad walked back over to me. Here comes the fireworks. I shut my eyes tightly. I felt a pair of warm arms wrap around me. Opening my eyes dad hugged me. You’re not mad. “I’m glad you’re okay.” He’s not mad. “I don’t know what I would do if I lost you too.” Too?
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter! Okay it's kinda sad, i have 8 subscribers and 1 comment. Tell me what you think or i will stop updating. *sigh*

Comment, subscribe and enjoy.