Status: Active on weekends. :)

Live the Dream

Past.

I wiped the sweat that trickled down my face. This was just not my day and running into that girl – whose name I had forgotten – that used to date one of my band mates made it even worse. When he passed away, I couldn't stop crying for hours. I knew it was all his girlfriend's fault and I hated her for it. That’s why I couldn't stand to talk to her. She shouldn't have argued with him. He was really upset about it and I tried comforting him but he didn't cheer up at all.

I walked into Barnes and Noble and sat down at my usual spot by Starbucks and took out a text-book. It was time for me to settle down and quit thinking about music. My mind enjoys playing mind games with me, but I wasn't going to let it get to me this time.

I started reading The Scarlett Letter over again, trying to figure out why this woman would go through all that pain and humiliation when she could’ve taken the easier road. I wouldn't have done that, I would have just ran off with my child. But then again sometimes I could be a really big coward.

I gave out a big yawn as I flipped a page. This assignment was getting more boring by the minute. I wanted to go to practice with the band but at the same time I really didn't want to. So much for being an optimist. I mean ever since he died things weren't the same for me, or anyone.

"I hate math, I hate biology I hate everything!" I mumbled.

"Are you okay?"

I shook my head, "No, and I won't be okay."

I looked up to see who was talking to me. It was Liam. I let out a sigh and walked away. I really didn't want to talk to anyone now.

"Wait, Autumn, let's talk."

I shook my head, "I have to go. Class starts in less than an hour."

I stood up, grabbed my books and Frappucino and walked out of Barnes and Noble. I headed towards campus. I had no doubt that Liam would follow. He always follows me. Skyler always told him to keep an eye out for me. It was really annoying and I was getting sick of it, I wasn't five years old anymore, I was a grown woman.

"Liam, go away," I mumbled.

"Can we talk?"

"No, and I know that Skyler told you to watch me, but please go away before I kick your ass."

"Skyler is my best friend, you know that. Autumn I—"

"Oh and I'm not your friend? Is this why you keep trying to ask me about my feelings? So you can go tell on me and make Skyler scold me? Just leave me alone."

When I got to my classroom I took a seat and tried ignoring Liam. He was really getting on my nerves. I crossed my arms and let my mind clear out. I could feel his eyes on me but I didn't open them. I hated when Skyler did this.

Once, I overheard a conversation he had with Liam about me. It was the very conversation where I had lost respect for my brother. I loved him to death but I couldn't look at him the same anymore and I still can’t.

Liam's here. I can't wait to see him. He's like the cutest guy I know. I can't believe he's hanging around with Skyler. Well, at least for once he has a cute friend over and not one of those obnoxious friends over.

I wondered what Skyler was up to so I went upstairs and opened his door, quietly peeking. I knew it was wrong but I was just so curious.

"Liam, listen to me carefully, I don't want you around my sister. I've told you, right?"

Liam sighed, "Yeah, yeah. I won't go near her. I won't hit on her or flirt with her."

My mouth dropped. Was Skyler really doing this to me? It wasn't fair. He always hit on my girlfriends and flirted with them.

"Oh, and one more thing,"

"What else could you possibly want?" Liam asked, annoyed.

"Dude, chill you'll find someone, just not my sister. Oh and what I was going to say was, keep an eye out for my sister when I'm not around okay?"

Liam sighed again, "Fine,"

I bawled my fists and nearly broke into tears. How could he do something like this to me? Why? I thought he trusted me more than this. Forget it, if I can't date his friends he can't date any of my friends or even talk to them.


I hated Liam after that too. So my crush for him just fizzled out, which I was proud of and I'm sure Skyler was too, but I could never tell him anything so personal again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is.
I don't really like it.