Status: Active on weekends. :)

Live the Dream

Light Of Hope

Classes passed by in a blur but all the while, I kept thinking about what might've happened to Autumn. I know we weren't on the best terms but I'm trying to make it right with everybody I hurt.

I walked out of the Arts building and headed for the coffee cart near the outdoor cafeteria when suddenly somebody put a hand over my eyes and held me by the waist.

"Guess who," Liam sang in a sing-song voice. I didn't have to see him to know exactly who it was because this thing he did was routine and he's been doing this to me ever since we were little.

"Well, let me guess..." I trailed off as I tried to play along. "It can't be the president since he's way off in D.C. trying to make a living by ruling the government. It can't be Mickey Mouse since he has really big gigantic hands covered in white gloves. It can't be Spongebob because you're not laughing that obnoxious laugh while you're holding on to me. But could it be my best friend who's helped me through a lot of crap in my life?" I said in a child-like tone.

His breath hitched and I could feel him nodding up and down. I guess I always had an extra sense for when it came to the people I knew.

"Probably not," I laughed and he released me.

"That was not cool," he said with his head down.

I smiled as I wrapped my arms around him. "It was a joke. Cheer up, will you?"

"Only if you buy me coffee," he negotiated with that cheeky grin that got most girls wobbling on their feet.

"You know that smile doesn't work on me, right?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest.

"You're still going to do it anyway so I might as well."

I laughed as we walked to the coffee cart. We got the usual stuff and sat on our favorite bench which was under a big oak tree.

As I sipped my coffee, I realized that Liam was only looking at his. Normally, he would take the first sip and intentionally spit it out due to how hot it was. He always did that to put a smile on my face and I had to laugh every time or he would stop talking to me.

"Is something wrong?" I asked placing a hand on his wrist to grab his attention. "I didn't get your coffee order wrong, did I?"

He smiled as he remembered the time where I got him a soy latte instead of a mocha for being an ass to me. It was actually the first time he pulled that stunt he did a while ago. I was really scared because he made this creepy Joker voice and I seriously thought I was being kidnapped. So when he let go off me and I bought him coffee, I got him a soy latte because I knew he hated the taste of it. Fortunately for me, he didn't make me drink it and ask for another one.

"It's Autumn." And there goes the name again. I felt really guilty for snapping at her. We never were on the best terms and I hate how I was never really able to fix it.

"What happened?" I asked, removing my hand from his wrist to hold my cup better. It was starting to get breezy and all I was wearing was a thin plaid polo and a camisole inside.

"Skyler and I think she's losing hope," Liam said hesitantly with the saddest look in his eyes.

"Wait, on the band?!"

This just can't be happening. I mean the band was Adam's legacy to the world and they can't just give up. They should keep on fighting for it! I mean don't they care about Adam at all? How could they abandon everything he's worked hard for?

"I knew that this would upset you--"

"Liam, I don't think upset is the right word," I mumbled to myself as I breathed out a heavy breath.

"Fine, it aggravates you. But the band's hitting dead ends and with all the refusals from the record companies..." he paused. "Let's just say that too much of it can bring us down."

"But Liam, you guys can't give up!" I exclaimed but only loud enough for us to hear.

I set my coffee cup beside me on the bench and brought my knees up to my chest. I can't believe they weren't strong enough to handle this.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay," Liam said scooting closer to me. He ran a hand up and down my back but it wasn't soothing at all.

"We have to do something about this," I said straightening up.

"We're trying to send out a few more demos to a few recording companies,"

"But you guys haven't even played in a while."

They were going about this the wrong way. They shouldn't just send out demos. They should get people's attentions as well. At least that's what Adam always told me.

"But we don't have a drummer," he said very carefully.

"Then hold auditions," I suggested.

"Who in this world could possibly take his place?" Liam asked frustratedly as he placed his elbows on his thighs and leaned on them.

"I don't know but if you guys want to make it far in this world, you should start moving on."

He looked at me in a really perplexed manner. I knew what he was thinking but someone had to be strong for them. Adam was always the one who kept them together and now that he's gone, they're slowly breaking apart and that alone makes me want to kill myself for making Adam do what he did. If no one was going to be there to keep their heads up high, then I guess I'd have to step in and be their light of hope.
♠ ♠ ♠
So far we have 2 comments and 1 subscriber :) at least it's a start.
Please give this story a chance. I know that it's having a slow start but things will speed up soon!
Read, Comment and subscribe!