It's Just the Beginning

I Hate Being Sick

He stayed over for a while. I have to admit, I was happy that he came over. It made my day. I felt better too. He made me laugh.

"I heard that you had this place a mess this morning?" He half asked, half stated.\

"Yep."

"Ashlynn made you clean it?"

"Yep. It took a couple of times because I kept throwing up at the sight and smell of it at first." He made a face at that comment.

"Are you feeling any better?"

"Now you sound like Ashlynn. She asked me that like a thousand times every phone call."

"Sorry."

"Oh, no. Don't be. I'm doing a lot better."

"Okay, good!"

We stood there for a good five awkward minutes. Nothing came to mine when I thought of something to say. I'm guessing the same thing for him because everytime he would open his mouth to say something he quickly closed it.

"You can sit down if you want. You don't have to keep standing."

"Oh, thanks."

"What really brought you over here?"

"You are so skeptical." I opened my mouth to object, but he started talking again, making sure I didn't interupt. "I wanted to make sure you were feeling better. That's all."

"Oh okay. No ulterior motive?"

"No." He simply said.

Disappointed, I looked away.

"Well, besides bein' able to see."

That's better!!

"Oh, sorry you have to see me like this. Sick and all."

"No, it's ok."

I quickly covered my mouth with my hand; a natural reflex this morning. I gagged for a second. Matt looked at me with concern. I ran out the front room and headed for the bathroom. I was in there for atleast twenty minutes throwing up what felt like my guts. I did not know that someone can throw up this much. I gagged some more making sure I got rid of it all. I brushed my teeth and washed my mouth with mouth wash. Right after, Matt walked in, guessing it was safe since there were no more sounds of me gagging.

"Here," he said handing me a peppermint.

"You carry peppermints around?" I asked in a rugged breath.

"Actually, yeah, I do."

"Okay," I said, spitting into the sink. Matt made a face at my action, kind of like "ewww" but without the words.

He looked at me sympathetically, then asked, "Do you want some Pepto?"

"No thanks, unless you want to see me throw up again."

"Then that's a no," giving a weak smile. I smiled back.

I think I passed out after that. I woke up in my bed, with him staring at me, stroking my face. He grabbed a wet, old rag and dabbed it across my face. I grabbed his hand to stop him. He looked at and understood.

"Hi," I barely whispered.

"Hi there yourself. Feeling better?" he half laughed, but mostly said with concern.

"I'm good. What are you stilll doing here?"

"Watching over you. What else?"

"Why?"

"You have been throwing up all day and you passed out on me back there. I deicided to let you sleep and get whatever you want when you awoke."

"Thanks," I said grasply.

"You want some water?" I nodded.

He brought it back quickly. I hate being sick, but he makes it better.