It's Just the Beginning

The day after

Turns out we all fell asleep in the living room. Good news- I feel better. No throwing up! Ash woke us up actually with her screaming from falling off the couch and forgetting that she was in the living room. It was kind of funny actually.

"What the hell?" I said groggily.

"Oh nothing. I fell out the recliner and forgot where I was. That's all," she said, surprisingly chipper.

"Oh my God, you're an idiot," I retorted.

"So?"

"I give up!"

"Shit!!" I heard and jumped. I forgot that Matt was there behind me.

"What?" both Ash and I said.

"I have to go. I'm sorry. I'll come by later." He kissed my forehead and headed for teh door.

"Where do you have to go?"

"Practice."

"Practice?"

"Yeah, band practice."

"Wait, you're in a band?"

"Yeah."

"I found something new about you everyday."

He snickers lightly, "I have to go. I'll swing by after." He waved good bye and walked out.

"Well, ya'll two looked comfy on the couch," Ash said, breaking my train of thought.

"I know I was," I grinned.

"Who would've thought he was in a band? He doesk look like it though, kind of." I just thought of him as she rambled on. "Do you think he plays guitar or maybe drums or bass? What if he was the vocals?"

"I don't know," I said still marvelized.

"Wow, he has you memorized, doesn't he?"

"Yeah. I hate it."

"Why? Isn't that a good thing?"

"Nope, not at all. "

"And why not?"

"That means I'll tell him some things, then I'll let him in eventually, completely trusting him. Probably thinking I love him and then he'll hurt me. The story of my life. You should know that by now."

"Oh, yeah. Sorry."

"Nah, it's okay. "

"So what now?"

"I don't know."

"Breakfast?"

"Yeah. I'll cook."

"Duh!"

I hit her with a drool dampened pillow from the couch. I wondered who was the one slobbering- Matt or me? It hit her right in her face. She made a grossed out face, sticking her tongue out, and threw the pillow back at me. She missed; I ducked.

"So what you want?"

"I don't know."

"That doesn't help."

"Yeah, I know." It got silent for a minute and then she blurted out, "Oh, I know: BACON!"

"Bacon it is."

"YAY!"

"Anything else?"

"Hmmm...no."

"Okay, it'll be a little bit. I have to find the bacon first."

"I'll be on the couch, watching cartoons if ya need me!"

She plopped down on the couch and didn't say anything else for a while. It took me like ten minutes, I think, to find the bacon. When it was done, she came in following her nose. It was lifted high, sniffing the bacon smell.

"Smells good," she said.

"Of course it does, it's bacon."

"Yeah."

We ate our bacon in quiet. A first in a while- eating bacon and being quiet- but it was all good. Ash nor I had work today, so we sat our lazy asses on teh couch adn watched cartoons the rest of the morning. Well, until cartoon network started showing stupid cartoons and no other channel had cartoons on. We popped in a DVD; Over the Hedge.
I loove that movie.

After it was over, I took a shower. I laid in bed, waiting for Matt. While I was waiting, I got bored. I blow dried my hair, straightened it, put on make up, and changed my outfit about six times before I decided on one. He didn't arrive until two thirty.

He knocked on the door. Ash let him in. He made his way into my bedroom, surprising me. He grabbed me bythe waste and swung me around. I let a out a slight gasp an dhe stopped. He kissed me on the cheek.

"Hey, how was practice?"

"Good. I would have been heer sooner, but I decided I needed to take a shower first."

"Yeah, glad that you did. I don't like stinky people." We both laughed at my comment. I think it was because of how corny it sounded.

"So, what ya feel like doin'?"

"Um... I don't know."

"That doesn't help."

"Yeah, I know, but it's okay."

"Okay, as long as it is okay."

"Okay. Good."

"No, really. What do you feel like doin'?"

"Um... out anywhere. I've been in this place for the past twenty four hours, and I really do not feel like being here much longer."

"Okay, out. Anywhere?"

"Anywhere?"

"Okay. I'll pick and you will just hav eto wait until we get ther."

"Fine with me."

I told Ash bye and followed Matt out the door. We walked to his car. We were out until the next day.