It's Just the Beginning

What really Happened

We drove on for endless hours it seemed. We drove fro about three actully, but that's long enough. We talked the entire time. We had the radio on, and when a song he liked came on, he would start singing to it. I loved the way he sung. It was kind of graspy but sweet. I was too embarrassed to sing i front of him. My singing compared to his was only mediocre. He would smile and take my hand everytime he started singing. I felt special inside his car with just him beside me.

When were nearing the place he wanted to bring me he stopped the car and stepped out. He walked around the car to my side and blind folded me. I found this romantic and corny at the same time. Then he started driving again. Not much later, he stopped again.

"We're here," he said.

"And where is here?" i asked. I felt ridiculous talking while blind folded and waving my hands around as I talked.

"Can't tell ya'. "

"Oh, come on, tell me."

"Nope, not goin' to happen." He walked around the car and opened my door, taking my hand to lead me out.

It was rocky, I think, I almost tripped like ten times before he said something about me taking off the blind fold becuase it would be safer.

"Um... I think we should take this off. It'll probably be a lot easier if you took that thing off."

Turns out, it wasn't. It was much safer letting him lead me than me leading myself. I tripped twice as much after removing it.

"Maybe we should put this back on you, it seemed a lot safer before. Seriuosly, I can't believe you haven't broken anything yet."

"Hey! It is not my fault. You are the one who brought me out here."

"I thought you had better balance than that."

"Don't tell me you forgot the day at the record store when I tripped and knocked an entire stack of records down?"

"Actually, yeah. I can't believe I did. That was so funny." He laughed remembering that day."

"Ha ha, not funny," I said making it sound winey.

"Oh, I'm sorry." He gave the cutest look that I couldn't resist. He smiled, making me smile. "We are almost there, okay."

"Okay."

"Think you can make it or do I have to carry you the rest of the way?"

"Not funny." I shoved him a little, making him lose his balance for a second.

"Hey, thats not nice," he said grabbing me by my waist adn swinging me over his shoulder."

"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!! Put me down!"

"Why? We're almost there."

"Fine," crossing my arms across his back since I couldn't cross them over mt chest. He started laughing.

"Calm down."

"I am calm." I made a face, but he couldn't see it. "Incase you're wondering, I'm giving you a look right now!"

"Oh, really?"

"Yep."

"I guess you're goin' to have to show me when I put you down."

"Nope."

"Why not?"

"You don't get to see it."

"Why?"

"Because I said so."

"Oh. OH oohoh. I see."

I couldn't help but laugh. "What was that?"

"I don't know, but it got you to laugh, so it had to be something good."

"Oh, okay."

"Okay, we are here." He put me down. I took in the view; it was amazing. It was a beach, but it seemed even more majestic than any other beach for some reason. It was dusk and breathtakingly beautiful. As I stared in amazement, I barley noticed Matt wrapping his arms around me.

"It's beautiful," I whispered.

"Yeah. My mom took me at here once, when I was a kid. "

"And you rememberd how to get out here?"

"No. I remembered the name of the beach adn got directions to it. I used to come out here to calm me down after something bad would happen. Like arguements, deaths, that type of thing. Sometimes just to think, to be alone. You know?"

The sky was a pale pink, bright orange. It still had some blue in it. The water was a perfect shade of pacific blue, and it refelcted the sky so beautifully. I did nothing but stare when we first arrived.

"Barely anybody knows about this place. WHo needs another beach when there is always one within walking distance. Also it is so far out the way. So barely anyone comes out here."

"How did your mother know about it?"

"I dont know."

"It's amazing."

"I know."

"So are we goin' to stare at it teh rest of teh day or is there something else on the agenda?"
I could barely ask while tearing myself away from it.

"Yeah but the night will be spent here."

"The night?"

"Yeah. I bruoght food, sleeping bags, pillows, seperate tents, everything."

I started laughing. "You came prepared. So I'm guessing it wasn't the shower that took forever."

"No. It was the planning, but the shower did take a bit," he said laughing.

"Yeah,' smirking at him. "So what now?"

"We can sit here, eat, swim.."

"Swim? I don't have a bathing suit and do not tell me that you have one for me."

"Um.... I took the liberty of guessing your size adnd yes I do."

"That's scary, you know?" I said laughing.

"Yeah, well, it is better to come prepared."

"No, you are way over prepared. And headed for "I am becoming a mother." and you're a guy. That's scary."

"Mother's do that?"

"Duh?"

"Okay, that is scary."

"Told ya."

"What do you feel like doing?"

"Lets just sit for a minute."

"I'll go get the chairs." I grabbed him by his arm and pulled him down to the sand with me.

"We can sit on the sand. It's okay." He looked at me in the weirdest way, liekhe couldn't believe it. "What?"

"Nothing." He put his hand on my cheek. I looked down at first but rose my head back up. He leaned in and kissed me.