Status: hold

Temper Trap

When I wake up

Every morning the sunlight sinks in between my thin white blinds and into my closed eyes as my phone vibrates too wake me up five minutes before seven o’clock.

The morning was vivid for February and all I felt like doing was staying in bed maybe watch a movie later on and eating out my fridge. I knew this would be impossible from a simple knock on the door and a question of school.

I got up to check my schedule finally; day five wasn’t always the best of class: contemporary third, math second to last—boring. This morning I wanted to feel hot, maybe even get a few eyes on me as I walk down the Great Hall… I packed my lunch and headed out the door. My sister wouldn’t wake up till noon and my father was left in the bathroom getting ready for work.

My legs kept going down the road of Pillion, 8:05 gave me only a few minutes before I’d miss my bus. A boy crossed the street many meters away from me. He was always the first one at the stop. Since I entered John Stepper high school I was always the first one running to the stop, always on time except for one point in time. The first day of school I can recall how nervous I was, was I going to sit by myself on the bus? How would I meet up with my friends when I arrived at school? Too many thoughts were a brain drain that made me shiver and rewrap my scarf around my neck. That first day going to school… I had missed it; first day in grade eleven came no bus.

I stood there in silence looking at the drivers that past me by. Each car that past carried an individual who shared their own branch of life. The last car at the stop sign drove off putting a split image of a boy, I saw him walking down from his house and into the opening. There was no car in line and he j-walked his way here.
“Hey Audry.” He pronounced. I stood there without smiling. “Hi.” He smiled. “So, what are you going to be doing for spring break?” I pushed my bag to keep it from falling off my shoulder. “Not sure yet, maybe visit my mom.” His smile faded but just for a split second and then just like that, it was back. “So, I mean your parents aren’t together…” I faced him again. “Not really.” Just then the bus came and I was the first one to step on from my stop. He was only a year younger…



Megan came on the bus.
She took a seat next to me and says good morning, we spoke and laughed and that’s how my bus ride is every morning.

At school we headed to out lockers to put our jackets and school bags away. I’m the slow one so Megan finishes before me. I have known her since I was in elementary school. Back then we weren’t close friends but it seen that high school brought us together for the best. In truth I needed Megan, not for the solo trips on the school bus or the lonely morning, I needed Megan because she knew me for me, and out of my group I’d tell her anything, these hot topics where known as our “bus stories.”

Grad year meant a lot of drama and with a pinch of newly wedded teen couples. It was nice knowing that people were meshing together but it wasn’t always the greatest being the only one set to sea. Jessica and Jason were together by the lockers cuddling with each other as her friends sat still next them. I looked at Clear, her short brown-red hair and eyebrow piercing. She was a very nice girl, the fist day back in grade seven I remember gym class we spoke a lot on the field trying to understand the game we were playing.

“Come on Audry!” I locked my locker and headed to the cafeteria downstairs. We took a seat at the far right next to the windows. There we sat every morning to finish up homework or study for upcoming exams. “I’ll be right back—” “yes I know.” Megan smiled “To get your blue berry muffin.” The café was open and not the bar. It felt different and something new. “Hi-a! It’s a blueberry right?” The lady asked me. “Please.” I offered and gave her my money.

The cafeteria was full for the morning and the girls seem to have claimed their seats already. Olivia was on her old MAC putting the last pieces of her video together. “Want to see?” I got up to take the empty seat by her. The video wasn’t clear although I knew she probably tried her best. “It’s for French class, a commercial.” I smiled at her. “Cool.” I took a piece of my muffin and notice Sean coming into the cafeteria with his “groupie”. They took a seat in front and placed a suitcase on top of the table. “Audry!” he called. I was surprised and waved him a friendly greeting. Seane and I were friends, we were chill that way. Before Christmas break was over I went to this party, I was totally drunk and was dared to walk into a room where he slept—fucked his girlfriend. Later on when he confronted me about it I apologized but he didn’t take the apology, instead told me that he knew I secretly dig him (of course, it wasn’t true).

“What’s in the suitcase?” I asked him when I got up from my table to go to his. “Right there Audry, is a powerful mad blasting speakers.” Corby said. I smiled watching Sean click a few hits on his new Mac. Funny irony.

The beats played out from the box and people turned their attention to the table that I was standing at. He started to dance and a soft vibrate flamed out of my mouth. He made me laugh.

“I wonder why he’s playing music, to look cool.”
“No, because in a few hours were out of school.” I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
i dont own any of the pictures on my story!! i thank the potographers!!