Another Memory

Five

Gerard’s P.O.V.:

She looked so upset, I thought, as I spotted Alison sitting by herself down the end of the hall. Why had Mikey just left her like that?

“Alison?” She didn’t reply as I called her name, and I got a little worried. I was well within hearing distance and she was showing no signs of replying any time soon. I grabbed her arm and helped her up, worried at the look appearing across her face. “Hey calm down, you’ll be okay.” She was clearly not all there, and I felt a little sorry for her as she didn’t seem to understand why. I got her to the bathroom and sat her down, wetting a clean towel and placing it against her forehead. I tried to get her to drink but she wouldn’t swallow and I didn’t wish to get her all wet. She passed out before too long, slumped against my shoulder. All I’d come to do was grab a drink and then piss off back to my room, and now I was stuck with looking after a young girl all night. A pretty young thing she might have been but none the less, I had better things to be doing. I picked her up bridal style and carried her back to my room, laying her down on my bed still unmade from this morning. I turned down my music as to not disturb her, smiling as she curled up and cuddled the blankets. I hadn’t a clue where I was to sleep as Mikey’s friend Frank had the couch tonight, which was now in the laundry mind you, but I couldn’t just leave her laying in the hallway.

I decided to sketch for a while to again put off working on my major for my class. It wasn’t that I didn’t know what I was doing, just, I didn’t feel much like doing it. I heard a soft whimper from behind me as Alison rolled over to face the wall, taking all the blankets with her. I thought I’d better lay down whilst I had the chance to, as she’d finally moved over enough for me to lay beside her without it being uncomfortable. The party had long since ended upstairs and I was a little disappointed in Mikey for not having come to ask if I’d seen his new friend, but then he probably thought she’d just left early. I turned off the light and slipped off my jacket before laying down beside the sleeping beauty. Her hair smelled of all things lovely yet nothing in particular, and I could hear her breaths as they softly left her chest. I sneered to myself as I came to realise that the first girl to be in my bed in months was not only a near-complete stranger as per usual, but also drunk and underage. Of course it wasn’t like that at all tonight, as I did have my limits. I was nowhere near drunk enough to sink that low though unfortunately, I couldn’t say I hadn’t done it in the past. I tried to tell myself that I was past all that but I could feel inside me that although I knew I wouldn’t dare, I still wanted to just as bad.

It seemed ages before I was finally tired enough to sleep. Alison had been rolling about the place and had bumped her head on the wall several times, though still hadn’t woken from her alcohol infused coma. I couldn’t let myself judge her, however. At least she’d found a safe place to binge. At her age I was out at places I didn’t know with people that weren’t considered friends, which I knew to be unsafe at the time. If my mother had found out I’d still be grounded I'm sure, though luckily she’d never suspected my nocturnal activities. She’d since learnt to know better, however, though could no longer do anything about it. I was officially a free man, and hating every moment of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to oh! darling for commenting, and the subscribers :)
Check out her story Passion Play.