Another Memory

Eight

Alison’s P.O.V.:

I ran blindly through what I thought to be Mikey’s kitchen, the strong smell of coffee a good indication of that. I could hear Frank screaming somewhere close but the closer I thought I got to him, the further away he seemed to sound. There were quite a few people hiding within the house, though I didn’t know most of them. Frank’s friends were over, and so were a few of their neighbours. There were a good 15 people in the house somewhere but I’d be damned if all I could hear were Frank’s screams.

“I don’t want to die!” he screamed, and someone giggled. I reminded myself that it had been my stupid suggestion to play this damn game, so I couldn’t really complain about it now. I felt the handle of a door and turned, certain there’d be at least one person in each room of the house. This room just like the others was pitch black, and I hadn’t a clue which room it even was. I felt around the walls to be sure I’d not trip over anything lying in the middle of the room, surprised as my hands lay straight onto another person’s torso. Well, it was definitely a guy at least.

“Got ya,” I said, happy that I’d finally caught someone. “Who is this?” They didn’t respond and I was about to walk away confused before they grabbed for my hands with their own. I tried to make out their face in the dark, though I didn’t remember half of the one’s I’d seen previously anyway. I could hear their breath as it left their lips, and felt as it hit my cheek. This person’s face was much closer than I’d thought, I realised, as their nose lightly touched my own. Before I could find the sense to back away I felt as their lips pressed delicately against my own, and I wondered if they knew who I was. A loud knocking made us both jump, and the person whose lips were so eager to be against mine just moments ago had fled the room that instant. An older man with a torch came through the room and smiled at me, confusion written across his face.

“What are you doing here? Are you a friend of Mikey’s?” A few more people popped their heads up from the couch beside me and the man laughed. “Ohh, I see they’ve been playing that dreaded game again.”

I tried to pay attention as he asked me where I’d last seen Mikey, but my thoughts were very preoccupied. A pair of sweet lips clouded my mind, and that scent of cigarettes, coffee, and rain was still about my head. Someone had kissed me and I was going to find out who.

It was later in the evening and the power was still out, but I was still at Mikey’s. Everyone had been found and had either gone home or sat around the kitchen table eating junk food, seeing as the oven wasn’t working. I scrutinised everyone’s faces as they ate only to come to the conclusion that none of the guys around the table had kissed me. They were either too thin or too fat from what I remembered, or had strange piercings through their lips. Most of those people were Frank’s friends. It must have been someone that had gone home already, I thought, but who would kiss someone and not want anything else to do with them? I was quite confused and sat there thinking it over for quite some time before finally deciding to go home and sleep on it. Perhaps I’d remember some other detail of the short event with a better rested mind.

All that night, I couldn’t sleep. I thought about telling Mikey what had happened as it was his house and all, but decided against it. I felt strangely embarrassed about the whole situation and just wished it’d never happened, despite the person being a rather nice kisser. I shook that thought from my head. They’d taken advantage of the circumstances to violate someone they didn’t know for no reason other than to confuse, so it seemed. Had they themselves even known who they’d kissed? A part of me hoped not though there weren’t a lot of girls there, and so how hard could it have been to figure it out?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Evil_Angel and OnceUponANitemare for the comments :)