Status: Only putting the story up as it comes to me, it may take awhile sorry for the inconvience for anyone who wants a quick read

Ghost Hunters

Chapter One

“Get it!” shouted a girl with long flowing black hair as she zoomed through a wall after another spirit. The spirit ahead of her cackled as she flew up towards the ceiling holding a small object.

“You still want your precious body?” she sneered, holding up the object in her hand.

“Don’t you dare,” the girl growled, lunging towards her, going for the object.

The spirit cackled and went to push the button to the device in her hand. The girl quickly flew back to the safety of her body.

After she regained her body she looked back at the spirit and glared as she watched it soar away over to the nearby ghost park, cackling about her recent victory.

“Karla!” shouted another girl, running up to her out of breath. “Are you okay?”

Karla nodded, “Just fine, Alex…we need to get the people out of this building,”

“Why?”

“Just in case she decides to pull any tricks,” Karla explained, still looking towards the ghost park, finally looking towards Alex. “She put a bomb in here,”

“Where?” Alex asked.

“Good question, you wanna look for it while I get the people out of here?” Karla asked, making Alex nod her head. “Kay, let’s go,”

Alex moved herself over to a nearby corner and leaned against the walls to help keep her body supported. She gave Karla thumbs up, and then pointed her right hand forefingers to her forehead. Her body suddenly slumped to the floor as her spirit floated above it. “I’m on it,” she whispered into Karla’s ear. Karla nodded, as Alex threw herself through a wall.

Karla quickly glanced around and saw a fire alarm to her left. She pretended to admire the paintings near it, then when nobody was in the room she quickly smashed through the plastic cover and pulled the alarm. She looked over towards Alex’s body as people flew by her trying to get out of the building fleeing from the impending doom that the alarm surely brought with it. She saw that Alex hadn’t returned yet.

“Here we go,” Karla muttered quietly to herself. Running over to Alex’s body she picked it up, and carried it over to the exit and then outside. I have your body; She thought to Alex.

Okay, I’m coming out soon, I found it, Alex replied.

Karla smiled. Good job.

No problem.

Karla got to the bottom of the Art Museums steps when she saw Alex float out of the museum with the bomb. Ready to come back to the real world? Karla asked.

Psh, no! Alex replied sarcastically, floating in lazy circles.

Karla glared at her. Throw away the bomb and get back here before they think I killed you.

Fine. Alex flew up into the sky and threw the bomb as high as she could. It detonated in the air, showering the ground with debris.

Now get down here! Karla demanded, slightly shaking Alex’s body. You’re getting heavy. She watched as Alex floating down while sticking her tongue out at her.

Alex opened her eyes signaling, that Karla could put her down. “Let’s head back to my house,”

“I’ll drive,” Karla said, jumping into the driver's seat of their 4 wheel drive black truck.

"Let's make a quick stop before we go to your house," she suggested as she turned into a high school parking lot.

"Good idea," Alex replied, winking.

Karla giggled, as she rolled her eyes, putting the car into park. "Remember this time we have to look like we're sleeping, not dead bodies,"

Alex heaved a heavy mock sigh, as she settled into her seat. Then put her fingers to her temple, and let her soul slip out of her body, Karla following suit. They then quickly went into the school, in search of the teacher known as "Crazy Carter".

"Mrs. Carter," Karla whispered into the teachers' ear, once they had found her.

"Well hello girls," Mrs. Carter said in a chipper voice, as she looked at the two floating girls in front of her. "And how're you doing today?"

"We're good," Alex replied, floating down to the floor, makin git look like she was standing on the ground, Karla floating down next to her.

"Just got a bomb out of the art museum, which Wendaline put in there," Karla huffed, crossing her arms.

"Well, I'm glad that you're both safe," Mrs. Carter replied, while reaching out her arms in a gesture of a hug, making her bracelets jangle together. The two girls giggled and put their ghostly figures closer to Mrs. Carter, to be embraced in the hug. They heard whispering farther down the hall as a couple of students saw Mrs. Carter hugging the air.

"You kids go to class." Mrs. Carter raised her voice so it echoed down the hall towards the kids as she dropped her hands to her side, then walked into her room, as the kids scurried off to their next destination. She then turned to the two ghosts who followed her into the room. "I have a request to make of you two,"

"Sure, I guess." Karla shrugged, while taking a seat in one of the chairs in the classroom. Alex came and stood by her, with her head cocked, her piercing blue eyes filled with curiosity.

"I have a student who can see ivisible things," Mrs. Carter explained, while she walked to the back of her room, to her closet, opening it so she could see her reflection in a small mirror attached to the door.

Alex and Karla looked at each other. "Really?" Karla exclaimed in shock. "would we know her?"

"You might've seen her before," Mrs. Carter replied while putting on her bright red lipstick. "she's in my Junior class. The only reason I've noticed this is because she's not paying as full attention as she should be when an invisable being walks through,"

Karla mused for a little bit before replying, "Well, what would you like us to do about her?"

"It's not like she could come with us, we get into some pretty sticky situations," Alex added.

"I would just like it if you two would help her hone her skills and I can take it from there," Mrs. Carter replied, putting her cold hands on the two girls' invisible shoulders.

Karla shrugged, making her shouldger go through Mrs. Carters' hand. "I guess we could, where will we meet her?"

"I can have her called right here, today if you'd like," Mrs. carter said, while walking to the phone, and called the office. "Yes, I'd like for Ms. Kline to come to my room if at all possible please...okay, thank you very much," Mrs. Carter turned around to facde the girls with a friendly smile, "She's on her way,"

"Okay, great," Karla smirked. "Can't wait to see what happens."
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know if there's any mistakes and I will go back and fix them. Creative Criticism is welcome, also any ideas you might have to help me put up the second chapter. Thanks :)

06/20/12 I've updated the last half of this chapter. I'm also attempting to get a second chapter up. Please bare with me as this will take a while. I will do this as fast as I can. I'm also going to try and get the last few chapters of the Gangster Story up (Untitled As Of Yet) I believe I called it. Thank you. Comments appreciated.