‹ Prequel: Help Me, Save Me
Status: It's baaaaaack!!

Sweet Child O' Mine

If This Is What He Wants And This Is What She Wants, Then Why Is There So Much Pain?

FOUR MONTHS LATER

HAYLEY’S POV

“Just tell me when it’s over,” Rose mumbled as she pulled her black sweatshirt hood over her face and hid behind Jagger’s back. Everybody chucked as we all turned our attention back to the “scary” zombie movie we were watching. Uncle Zacky, Uncle Brian, Uncle Matt… hell everybody want to have a scary movie night. Dad let Uncle Zacky to take me to the movie store pick out the movie.

“Uncle Zacky, what about this one?” I held up Zombieland to him and he took it in his hands. “Nah, we need something that would make really shit our pants,” He told me as he set the DVD down back onto the shelf.
“Always picky huh Uncle Zacky?” I teased him. He smirked as he smacked the back of my head lightly. “Got that right kiddo. I don’t want to have some lame ass movie now,” He told me as he picked up another movie and studied it.
“We’re getting this one,” He finally said as he finished the back of the DVD cover. “Zombi 2?” I got a glimpse of the front cover before Zacky snatched it away. “Hell fucking yes. Your sister will be shitting her pants tonight!”
I laughed as we raced up to the counter to go and rent the movie. Rose fucking hates horror movies. She screams at almost anything and nearly throws up at the sight of blood or guts. She is such a fucking wuss. It’s so funny to watch her freak out about the stupidest things. Like when we Paranormal Activity 2, she was so close to pissing herself, she ran to the bathroom halfway through the movie. Jagger and I nearly pissed our pants from laughing so hard. We never stop teasing her about it.
Zacky finally turned away from the counter, movie in hand. “Okay let’s go kiddo.” He held open the door for me, and we went to his fancy car. I got in the passenger side and he got in the driver’s. As soon as the put the key in the ignition, the car’s radio blasted with “Walk” by Pantera.
“Fuck yeah!” Uncle Zacky screamed as he cranked the volume on the radio to the max it could go. A second later the whole parking lot was filled the noise that was coming from our car. I sung along with the song as Zacky pulled out of the parking lot and 70 mph down Main Street towards my house, head banging the whole way there.


A zombie ripped off some of a shark’s skin and began munching on it, blood spilling from the shark. The shark looked like it was about to eat the fucking zombie so I called to my sister, “Okay you can look.” Sure enough, as my sister peeked out from Jake’s back, the shark tore off the zombie’s hand and blood spread throughout the water. It didn’t even look that gory, yet five fucking seconds later, all we could here was my sister’s scream filling the air.

“Geez kid! What the hell?” Brian yelled as he pulled his hands away from his ears. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she tried to hide herself in her sweatshirt. My mom stood up and walked over my sister and wrapped her arms around Rose, protecting her. “Everybody leave Rose alone!” She screamed at the group, her eyes nearly red in rage. Then she helped Rose off of the couch and led her out of the room. I shot a glance at Jagger, and shrugged his shoulders. I shook my head at him and turned my attention back to the movie. Some boyfriend he is…

The movie didn’t seem to be very exciting after that. It was just awkwardly quietly for the rest of the movie; no one wanted to speak. I kept looking back at Jagger. He seemed to be lost, distant, and really upset about what happened to his girlfriend. My mom made him look like a fucking idiot.

“Jonathan, please come in here,” I heard my mom yell from the kitchen. My dad stood up from the couch, confused, and went into the kitchen. All the guys started snickering and laughing at Johnny. “Johnny is in twouble Hayley! He is gonna get his ass handed to him!” Uncle Zacky whispered into my ear like a three-year-old. I rolled my eyes at him but I had a small smile on my face. What Zacky said was probably true. Poor daddy. He is gonna get his ass kicked by mommy.

JOHNNY’S POV

“What’s wrong Lacey?” I asked as I stepped into the kitchen. I stopped dead in my tracks as soon as I saw Lacey. Her arms were crossed over her chest and she looked pissed and upset at the same time. “I can’t do this anymore Johnny,” She plainly told me, tears in her eyes.

“Can’t do what?” I asked, confused. She looked like she was three seconds from breaking down into tears. I walked over to her and grabbed her hand and squeezed it. She looked at me, her eyes glistening, and she weakly told me, “I can’t keep lying about Hayley. Hayley needs to go back to Zacky. Zack needs his daughter.”

I paused for a moment in disbelief. “What? How could you say that?” I yelled enraged. How could Lacey betray me like this? After all these years?

“Johnny, Rose is enough to handle as it is!” My wife screamed at me, “She is in her room crying right now as it is. You didn’t even bother to try and help her! She is fucking terrified of scary movies like that, yet you don’t care to protect her! You care about Hayley more than your own daughter!”

“Hayley is my daughter!” I yelled. I was going to continue on with more, but Lacey screamed at me. “She is not! She’s Casey’s and Zacky’s daughter and she deserves to be with her actual dad!”

I looked at my wife in shock. I guess it was true that I don’t pay enough attention to Rose, and that it was wrong of me to not help her when she was scared, but Hayley became my daughter after Zacky’s ass was thrown in jail. Zack will never deserve Hayley back, no matter what other people say.

“I gained custody of Hayley once Zack’s ass was in the fucking slammer. No way in hell am I giving him Hayley after what he did to my sister!” I yelled, slamming my fist down onto the counter. I’m surprised no one has come into the kitchen find out why we were screaming. They must think the movie is more important. Whatever.

“Johnny that was thirteen fucking years ago! I know you love your sister but you need to let her go! Everybody has gotten over her, except for you! You’re a stubborn bitch who won’t let go and forgive and forget! Why?”

Did my wife call me a stubborn bitch? Wow.

“I can’t forgive and forget because I trusted that bastard with my sister’s life, and I knew it was a bad idea, but yet I went along with it. And what happened? She fucking died in his hands! I should have never trusted him!” I raged. Tears of anger rolled down my face. How fucking stupid was I to trust him?

“It was an accident and-“ Lacey started before we heard a small voice crack, “Mom? Dad? Is everything alright?” It was Hayley.

We both looked at her, lost in words. What were we suppose to say to her? My eyes are probably red from the tears, and Lacey still looks like she is about to cry. I sure hope she didn’t hear what we were screaming about.

“Yeah we are fine. We just had a disagreement sweetie. Is the movie over?” Lacey finally answered Hayley. She nodded, “Everybody left or is about to leave.” She spoke in a voice just above a whisper. She was obviously upset about Lacey’s and my fight. I went over to Hayley and hugged her tight. I rubbed her arm and rested my head on her head. I was only four inches taller than her, but I knew she was growing. She would be taller than me in no time. Rose on the other hand will probably stay her height that she is at now for the rest of her life.

I leaned down to her ear after a minute and whispered into it, “Go to bed sweetie. Mommy and daddy promise not to fight any longer.” She slowly nodded as I let her go and she walked to her room. I swear I saw her wipe a tear from her eye. I felt fucking awful after I saw her door close. This was the first fight she heard me and Lacey in.

I turned back to my wife of eleven years, and I looked for forgiveness. She wiped her eyes dry and quietly said, “We’ll speak of this later. Let’s just get some sleep.” I nodded in agreement. It was late, and I rather not fight with Lacey. I love her with all my heart. I just don’t want Hayley to go the wrong hands, cause I know she’ll get hurt. And I will stop at nothing to protect Hayley.

I walked into Lacey’s and my bedroom, and I saw her pull a pillow and blanket from the bed. “I’m sleeping on the couch tonight,” She told me as she stormed out. Geez, I hope this doesn’t end our relationship.

I crawled into bed alone and stared at the ceiling. Thoughts raced through my head. My main concern was Hayley. I had a feeling soon someone was going to spill the beans about her. I really hope nobody does. I love Hayley and I really don’t want to give her away. But if someone does spill the beans, it will be my only way of protecting her from Zacky.

I sighed before I closed my eyes. Everybody should just keep their mouth shut, and life will be good again.

THE NEXT AFTERNOON

HAYLEY’S POV

“Sis, your hair looks amazing!” Rose commented as she got her hair ready to be dyed by me. I smiled as looked over my hair in the mirror. My once bleach blond hair was now a light brown color. It was something different, and I think I’m going to like it.

Rose wanted to add some blue to her hair, so I told her as long as she helped me dye my hair, I would help dye hers. She agreed, and that’s how we got to where we are now. I didn’t want to go too crazy with the colors I dyed my hair, so I went with a simple brown. Rose on the other hand loves her hair to be crazy colors. Crazy colors don’t mix well in my hair, and I have no idea why.

“Okay sis, I’m ready!” Rose squeaked as she sat down on the bar stool that we put in the bathroom. The bar stool was from dad’s bar downstairs, but I knew he wouldn’t mind if we used it. I put on rubber latex gloves, and I stuck my fingers into the Manic Panic blue dye. Rose didn’t her hair completely blue; she still wanted her black and purplish hair to show through. So I just decided to a layer or two of blue dye on the top of her head and hope she would be happy with it.

“The Drug In Me Is You” by Falling In Reverse blasted throughout the bathroom. We had brought in my radio in from my room and decided to rock out to music while we dyed each other’s hair. The whole time Rose was dyeing my hair, she would have to stop every few minutes and bang her head to every random song that came on. Thankfully, Rose just started quietly singing along the song quietly and didn’t move a muscle. I was completely silent while I rubbed my finger through her hair, putting the dye in. Finally after the song ended, Rose spoke not much louder than when she was singing, but I could still clear hear what she was saying. And I really didn’t want to hear what she said next.

“Hey sis, did you hear mom and dad fighting last night?”

I stopped what I was doing at I looked directly at her in the mirror. She looked at me, her eyes wide and looking for answers. I nodded slowly as a few tears formed in my eyes. “So you heard them too?” I asked my voice cracking. I was trying my hardest not to break down into tears.

“How could you not hear them?” Rose exclaimed. I shrugged my shoulders, still fighting back tears. I felt the lump in my throat suddenly come up. It upset me to know mom and dad were fighting. But it wasn’t just the fact that they were fighting that upset me; it was what they were fighting about that sent me over the edge…

“I mean, I didn’t hear what they were fighting about,” My twin continued, “All I heard was Uncle Zacky’s name said a lot and then your name said-“ I cut her off by my breakdown after she said that. We did hear the exact same thing! It’s all my fault!

Rose got up out of her chair and wrapped her arms around me once she saw me collapsed to the floor. Tears streamed down my face as I curled up into a ball and hid my face. “Sis, what’s wrong?” Rose cried, unsure of what was going on.

I looked up at her, my vision blurry from the tears. I tried to calm down so I could breathe and get some words out, but that’s easier said than done. Rose just kept comforting until I could take a deep breath and speak. “I think mom and dad were fighting about me and Uncle Zacky,” I finally told her, my voice shaking.

She gasped and held me tight, “Hayley that is not true! Mom and dad would never fight about you or Uncle Zacky! They love both of you a lot!”

“Then why did they keep screaming our names last night?” I cried and more tears fell from my eyes. What did I do wrong? Why were mom and dad fighting about me?

Rose looked at me, her eyes looking for a good answer, but she couldn’t find one. Her mouth hung open like she was going to say something, but she didn’t speak a word. Finally she turned away from me and stood up. “I don’t know sis,” She said under her breath. She sat down on the stool and looked down at her feet. A cold tear rolled down my face and I finally stood up too. I couldn’t drag Rose down into my pain.

“I just hope mom and dad don’t split up,” I finally said before I stuck my fingers in the dye again and started rubbing my fingers through my sister’s hair. It was probably best for me to move forward and not dwell on it for now.

We were both silent for the rest of the time I dyed Rose’s hair. We were both too upset to talk, so why bother trying to speak when we might say something that may set the other person off? It was probably best for both of us to keep our mouths shut.

I couldn’t escape the feeling that mom and dad were fighting about me and Uncle Zacky last night. Like Rose, I didn’t hear much about what they were fighting about, but I heard my name and Zacky’s name said a lot. Why me and why Zacky? What is wrong with me and Uncle Zacky?

THE NEXT DAY

ZACKY’S POV

I just fucking love my exciting life, did you know that? And when I say exciting I mean I’m sitting on my ass on my couch, the TV is on, and I’m flipping through the contacts on my phone. I’m all alone in my house, not paying any attention to the news on the TV, and going through the contacts on my phone, not having any plan of calling any of the people. Yup, my life is exciting as hell.

I went past all my ‘A’s on my phone and started going through all my ‘B’s contacts when I stop on a certain girl. Brandy. I haven’t talk to her in so long, and I didn’t realize till now. Our last conversation didn’t go so well, and every time I try to call her, I only get her voicemail. It was like she is trying to avoid me and I don’t know why. Our last conversation was a week after the beach innocent. The whole conversation was pretty much her telling me that we couldn’t hang out anymore and that’s its better if I never see her again. Fuck that. I miss her. One more try won’t hurt.

I pressed ‘call’ on her number and held the phone to my ear. It ringed once…twice…three…four…five…wait for it, wait for it….
“Hello?” I heard Brandy’s voice on the other end. I was shocked for a moment. I thought I was going to get her voicemail for the 500th time, but she actually answered the phone. Huh, maybe she doesn’t hate me.

“Brandy? It’s Zacky,” I finally said, still in shock. “Yeah, I know,” She plainly spoke. She didn’t seem like her normal peppy person. She almost seemed dead in the way she talked. What happened to the Brandy I used to know?

“So what’s up?” I hesitated to ask. I didn’t want to piss her off or upset her at all. If Brandy started crying on me I don’t know what I would do. I’m never good with girls when they’re balling their eyes out.

“Mommy, can I have ice cream?” I heard a cherry, small high-pitch voice ask in the background. “Yeah sure Gavin,” Brandy mumbled to the high-pitch voice. Oh yeah, I remember Brandy telling me about her son Gavin! She finally has him living with her? When did this happen?

“Listen Zack this is a bad time, can I call you back?” Brandy asked, sounding desperate to get off the phone. I know a gentleman would let her get off the phone, but I needed to talk to her. She sounded really upset and I don’t know how many other friends she has to talk to. The gentleman side of me will have to wait until I get some fucking answers.

“Brandy, is something wrong?” I asked. She didn’t say anything at first. The line almost seemed to go dead, and I thought she hung up on me. I almost pressed ‘end’ when I finally heard her sigh. “Zacky, can you please come over to my house. I need to tell you something…” She told me her house address after that and then she hung up quickly. I put the cell phone into my pocket after that and jumped to my feet. I finally get to see her again! I was happier than a kid in a candy shop. The only thing I wish that it was on a better terms.

***

Twenty minutes later, I pulled up to her house, AC/DC blasting from my radio, bass cranked up all the way. I knew Brandy could hear it from inside the house, and I knew she probably knew exactly who it was outside her door. I killed engine immediately and stepped out of my car. I probably shouldn’t be fooling around so much knowing that Brandy is upset.

I saw Brandy on her doorstep once I got out of the car. She had a slight smile on her face but she looked fucking terrible. Her hair was all ratted up and wavy and she was wearing an old maroon sweatshirt and ripped jeans. She was so much more different since the last time I saw her; she literally looked dead. “Do you need your car to have earth-shattering bass?” She asked me asked me as I walked up to her. I nodded my head and chuckled as she opened up the door and welcomed me inside. We both stepped into her house, and I stood there scanning over the room.

We walked right into the middle of her living room. It wasn’t anything too fancy; in fact her house was extremely simple. Crushed and unopened cardboard boxes were scattered across her carpet. Her house had no color to it; her living room was just white walls and tan furniture and carpet. It defiantly wasn’t a house I would like to live in, but whatever.

“Sorry if everything looks so messy and boring. Gavin was playing with all the moving boxes I didn’t throw away, and all the unopened ones are his toys that I didn’t get to. Please have a seat,” Brandy said as she motioned towards the couch. We sat down next to each other, closer than expected. So close in fact that my leg was touching hers lightly. She sighed quietly and looked down at the floor; her hair fell in front of her face. For some sudden reason, my hand moved towards hers and I grabbed it tight. She looked at me, her green eyes red and puffy. “Brandy, tell me what is wrong,” My voice cracked, full of sympathy.

Her breath was shaky and she looked away from me again. She squeezed my hand tight, enough to make me cringe a bit. Damn, she has a strong grip. A tear rolled from her eye, and she finally opened her mouth to speak, “He’s after me…”

“Who?” I leaned in closer to her and whispered comfortingly. I wrapped my free arm around her waist and pulled her as close. I don’t know why I was doing this to Brandy; I used to do this all the time with Casey when she was scared, but she was my girlfriend. Brandy is just a friend, nothing more.

“My ex-husband!” She finally broke down and let the tears fall from her eyes. I squeezed her hand and let her sob into my shirt. She kept trying to get words out, but the tears would stop her and make her choke up. I slowly rocked back in forth slightly, hoping she would calm down. I honestly hated to see Brandy like this. She was an absolute wreck that needed some help, and I felt I was the only one who could do that.

Her breathing finally settled down and she pulled her face away from my shirt. She didn’t look up at me at all but she hesitantly wrapped her arms around my waist and rested her head on my chest. She stared directly at the small, black box that you would call a TV and said nothing. I looked down at the top of her head, wishing she would say something else.

“Mike was an abusive husband…Or at least he became that way when I had Gavin. Once Gavin was born, Mike started drinking a lot more and he started abusing me. He nearly killed me God knows how many times. I was so afraid that Gavin was going to get hurt…” She paused and took a deep breath as her eyes became wet again, “I divorced Mike and try to get Gavin full custody, but Mike is a very good liar and he got a very good lawyer, so we a split custody. I was only supposed to live down the street from him, so Mike could keep an eye on me, but I moved here to be sure I was safe. I literally have to fly back to Arizona to pick up Gavin so Mike would still expected me to be just down the street. But Gavin got a hold of the phone and called Mike. He found out exactly where I live…and he wants me to be punished for lying to him…”

She was crying again. I held her close to me and rubbed her back. It scared and hurt me to think she was abused by the one person she thought she could trust with her life, and now she was being hunted by him. I was also hoping that the asshole would come to Huntington Beach so I can personally kick his fucking ass. No woman should be hit in anyway, and if any man should do that, they shouldn’t even be considered a man. Men who hit their wives or girlfriends are monsters, and they should have their asses kicked.

“Why don’t you call the cops? They can stop Mike before he even gets here,” I suggested, trying to comfort her. She shook her head as she buried her face in my shirt. “If Mike finds out the cops or anybody else gets involved, he promised to kill Gavin and anybody who helps me…” She paused and then she started pushing me away, her eyes wide in fear like she saw a ghost. “Zacky, you need to get out of here!” Brandy panicked, “If Mike finds out you were with me, he’ll kill you!”

“Brandy, I don’t want you or Gavin getting hurt by him. I want to help you,” I pleaded as I put my hand her knee. She looked at me like I was fucking crazy or something and continued to push me away. “Zack, if he gets your hands on you, you will die.”

“Please Brandy, don’t push me away,” I cried and pleaded. She was my friend, I didn’t want to leave her for dead. She is amazingly sweet, and to lose her would be a nightmare.

That’s when a little light bulb went off in my head and I got an idea.

“Please come stay with me,” I simply said to her. “What? No! Did you not hear what I said before? Mike will fucking kill you if he sees you with me!” She screamed as she began pacing around her living room frantically. I walked up to her and grabbed her by her hands and I held them in mine. She stopped pacng immediately and looked into my eyes, and I could tell she was scared out of her mind. I squeezed her hand reassuringly.

“He won’t kill me if he can’t find you. You and Gavin can stay at my house, and I can have the cops go and get Mike and have him arrested. Once Mike is arrested, you can live back here in peace. Mike will never expect you would be living with me, and the cops will probably have him before he even has a clue where you are,” I reassured her calmly. I honestly wasn’t afraid of Mike, and I bet I could take him on if I absolutely had to. But Brandy however still looked unsure as she chewed on her bottom lip. “I don’t know Zacky…” She mumbled. I smiled and rolled my eyes as I pulled her into a tight hug.

“I promise on my life nothing will happen to you, Gavin, or me. Mike won’t even get within a hundred yards of you; I’ll make sure of that. Please trust me,” I begged her. She looked up at my eyes again and finally smiled. “Alright Zacky,” She told me as she pulled away from me. It felt good to finally win over Brandy’s trust.

“Good! Start packing tonight and I’ll pick you up around six. Okay?” I told her as the smile on my face grew. I bet it would good for me to start living with somebody again. I’ve been alone for so long now, and having someone like Brandy would probably keep my spirits up.

“Sounds good,” She smiled happily as she opened the door for me to leave. God, how I missed that smile. It was so beautiful. I couldn’t wait to see that every day.

I stepped outside and said goodbye to Brandy. I heard the door close behind me as I stepped closer and closer to my car. I couldn’t stop smiling, I was so happy. It was like I was going to have a best friend living with me, and I’m going to have a chance to be the father I never got to be. That’ll show Johnny…

As I put a hand on my car door I felt my phone vibrate in my jean pocket. I took out my phone and flipped it open. ‘Jason Berry’ flashed on my phone. Wow I haven’t heard from him in forever ever since he started his family a couple months back. What does he want?

I pressed ‘talk’ and put the phone to my ear. “Jason?” I asked, confused. What he said next made me skip a heartbeat and become happier than I had been in a while.

“Reunion tour baby!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hayley's New Hair; Rose's New Hair

Thank you so much for reading!! Thanks for Bubbleloveworld for commenting! I wanted to update as soon as possible so thats what I did! :D Please please PLEASE comment!! I know you silent readers like staying silent, but please drop a comment. You have no idea what it means to me.<3 I don't ask for much okay?
By the way, I'm thinking of writing a Johnny Christ love story soon. Would anyone of you guys read that if I start one? Or does anybody want to do a co-write on it? Leave me a comment please of your ideas! :)
I'll update again once I get the next chapter done. Please ignore my profile layout too if anyone of you visits it. I'm trying to get a new one soon, so just ignore the layout for now. Thanks!