Status: Complete.

Keep Your Girl Out of My Shoe Cabinet, Your Wife

Chapter 19

Image

Just one thing before I start: I decided to stick with the general POV thing for a while. Like it better I think ;)
----------------------------
“Good night wifey” he said in a low huskey voice, bent down to close the gap of an inch between them and pressed his lips onto hers. Viviane froze in place completely shocked by his action. Without hesitation he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulled her closer and felt her small baby bump pressing against his well toned abs. As he continued holding her so close she woke up from her state of shock and began nibbling on his lower lip. Sidney let out a small moan and let his head roll back a little while his eyes closed in pleasure. Viv’s fingers found their way into his short curls and softly tugged on them.

He slowly pushed her towards the bed. A little unsure she stumbled backwards but his strong arms steadied her and led her. When the mattress hit the back of her knees she stopped and laid down. He followed her in one swift movement but his lips wandered from her lips to the sensitive skin just underneath her left ear. Her hands let go of his hair and began undoing the buttons of his shirt.

…................

Viviane rolled to the side and slowly sat up. A yawn escaped her lips as she stood up.
The day before had been a long one and Vero had decided to make this day a girls day out. After she had grown to like the idea of a new baby in the penguins family she had gone back to her famous refreshing and always smiling self and planed how the friends would now go on.
Today marked the first day of training camp so the guys would be at the rink all day anyways and coming home late after a full schedule of practice, medical check ups, press, photos shoots and tv appearences.

Viviane slipped into her slippers and made her way downstairs. Sidney had left the house already, so she turned on the juice squeezer and made herself a large glass of fresh juice.
After a quick shower she got dressed, took her husbands Jaguar –since he took the Landrover- and drove to the Fleury-LaRosée-Residence.
Vero welcomed her warmly and the women took Vero’s not so flashy car for the trip to the mall. The French Canadian pulled onto the high way and turned the radio on. After changing between a couple of stations, Viviane turned the volume up and the girls started to smile and sing along

Baby, I've got this thing for you
I'm thinkin' there's somethin' goin' on now
A wicked imagination
A serious kind of somethin' new
It's drivin' me right out of my mind now
It's gotta be desperation
Can't feel no pain when I'm thinking about you
Dreamin' isn't black and white
Can't make no gain 'til my vision c-comes true
Give it to me like I'd like to give it to you

Love I wanna feel your love
Right from the bottom of my heart to your hands
(now baby now) Love I wanna feel your love
You know this waitin' for you boy I can't stand

Bein' just who you wanna be and doin' whatever
comes to mind now
I gotta get information
Never knew what to do with you
You're givin' me sometin' to hold on to
My newest infatuation
"People Power" means I gotta believe you
Can't you hear the voices callin'
Keep your flowers cause their colour will turn blue
Give it to me like I'd like to give it to you

Love I wanna feel your love
Right from the bottom of your heart to your hands
(now baby now) Love I wanna feel your love
You know this waitin' for you boy I can't stand

By the end of the song both were laughing hysterically.

“Damn we are as Canadian as it gets eh?” Vero giggled.

“Tell me about it… maybe we should go to the next spa and demand a maple syrup facial.” Viviane answered in the same tone and perched her sunglasses onto her nose as they came to stop in the parking lot of the mall.

Vero mirrored her action and locked the car after they left it.
It was still early so the mall was rather empty and the girls managed to find their way into several stores without attracting any attention.

“You so have to get one of those” Vero held up a toddler jersey with a huge 87 on the back.
Viviane rolled her eyes and went back looking through yoga pants at Dicks.
“I’m serious if you don’t I will get you one.”

“I think before we know I will have a stack of jersey’s from each and every member of the team in my house but trust me the only number my kid is going to wear is the 66. We don’t want to flatter anyone do we?” Viviane mocked and stuck her tongue out.

“Are you serious?”

“Of course… ”

The girls laughed again and headed to the desk to pay the pants Viviane had picked. The girl behind the desk kept chewing on her gum and didn’t look up once even after they stood right in front of her.

“Excuse me… I’d like to pay.”

“Yeah hold on…” the girl turned the page of her magazine and kept reading.

“Incroyable” Vero muttered and and shook her head.

“Uhm… sorry I just want to pay for these pants and then you can continue reading your article”

“Hold one…. I’m just finishing this article… I can’t believe Crosby got married… that’s unbelievable… I always thought he’s single… I bet she’s just a gold digger”

Veronique turned away giggling and walked to back to the Pens corner.
“Uhm interesting. But if she is, she’ll still be a gold digger after I paid for these pants. So could you just scan this or I’ll go and get some at SportsCheck.”

Annoyed the girl tossed her magazine aside and came over, grabbed the yoga pants out of Viviane’s hands to scan them.
“35,96 please”

“Oh this here too” Vero tossed a Fleury toddler jersey onto the counter and smiled her fiancé’s signature smirk.

“That’s 82,74 now”

Viviane handed her her black American express that still said “Viviane Laracque”
“ID please”

Vero’s smile got even wider when Viv handed over her ID that already had been changed into Viviane Crosby née Laracque.
The girl’s eyes grew wide when she saw the names.
Viviane took the bag and her card and left saying: “Gold digger much?”

The girls liked their arms and walked out of the store with a bounce in their step.

“Hahaha this was so awesome….” Vero giggled when they sat down at the nearby Tim Hortons.

“Have you seen her face? It was hilarious.”

“So where are we up to next? Is there anything you still need or do you already have everything?”

“Uhm actually we have nothing yet. The room is as empty as it gets. No curtains no wall papers no color on the walls not furniture… just the dark hardwood floor we have pretty much everywhere upstairs so yeah… give me ideas or a husband with time”

Vero nodded in agreement.

“The boys are horrible right? You’d think they have time but no… Workout, morning skate, cool down, nap…. And we don’t even have camp…. Believe me the next weeks will be a lot different… you guys have never spent camp time together right?”

Viviane shook her head no.

“Let’s just say you might see him for 4 hours a day and then he’ll eat or rest… it’s the weirdest time of the year. I mean we can count ourselves lucky because we know for sure that they will make the cut but many girls have to worry about spending the year here or in Wilkes-Barre so relax… if you need company… I’m just 5 blocks away. Usually us girls use this time to get settled back at the house and to make the house a home again. Not being in the house for 3, 4 months really changes the house. I mean you take many things home. When we go home we travel with 6 hockey bags at least. They are easier to handle than suitcases. There are so many things you have to take home you’d never think about. I mean it’s almost like moving.”

Viviane nodded taking in any information her friend has to offer.
The girls rested their feet for a minute and savored the familiar taste of their favorite coffee or in Viviane’s case cocoa.

“You know… I haven’t had Timmies for like 8 years… from the day he left until like a week before the wedding… and now when I eat them, drink a hot chocolate and close my eyes… it’s like we’re in the backseat of my dads car who drives home us from some pond we used to skate on.”

Vero shook her head in disbelief “Really? No Timmies for years? And you still call yourself canadian?”

“Uhm yeah…”

“So since you haven’t bought anything yet I don’t think we can do any deco shopping so let’s head to the only store in this mall we love and that our boys better not set a foot into… ever”

The French canadian smirked determinedly.

“Uh oh I sense trouble…. Vero what’s your plan…”

“Tu dois aller dans Victorias chez moi”

“What do we need from VS?”

“Oh please… I’m not letting you turn into the grey mouse house wife just now because you are married and all… there will be no double-rib panties in your dresser as long as our men are on the same team. No let’s find something nice to get you into.”

Veronique gathered the bags, pulled her friend up and gently shoved her towards the ‘pinkest shop in town’.

A shop attendant greeted them and led Viviane into a changing room while Vero told her to rest and just try everything on she gave her.
First she started off with casual close and Viv fell in love with a kimono tp and a dress . Those were bought immediately… but even against Viviane protest Vero kept handing her more or less wearable underwear like a really questionable thong, a little devil costume (Viviane:”Do they have that as a penguin aswell? I don’t think the boys would like it that much… no so turned on by hearing Patrick Elias statistics in bed”) or a boustier that wouldn’t close about her bumb any longer, what made Viviane frown. The body she had worked on for so long disappeared a little more every day.
After a while the girls agreed on a cute baby doll and a nice bra. When Viviane stepped out in the bra and the matching set of boy shorts Vero commented: “Damn girl as soon as you lost those few pounds you will gain, Victorias Secret will run your door in… you make me so jealous.”

Viv picked up the next best thing (a pair of mittens) and threw it in Vero’s direction.
“Shut it… I don’t have the boobs for that job… I’m like a middle something… too much for high fashion and too less for underwear and sportswear… the only reason I got those jobs was that Karl likes my face and my waist for some reasons… all the dresses I wore had to be made bigger… I always was the fattest one and my manager told me to lose weight and to have a boob job to make them smaller to be more open for the high fasion market.”

Viviane made a face and disappeared in changing room to get back into her normal clothing.
After they paid the girls drove back to pick up Viviane’s car.
When Viv pulled into her drive way Sidney’s car already parked in front of the house. She walked towards the house and right into the kitchen, dumping the bags onto the counter. Sid stood by the stove and cooked.

“Oh hey, you’re back early… I thought you’d need forever… from the stories some of the guys always tell…”

“Good morning Sid…. Oh by now you should know that I have shopping… I basically just needed some new yoga pants to hang out in because I never ever had many of those and the ones I had fit me but not me and your kid so yeah… and Vero dragged me into Abercrombie, Gap and Hollister because this is a quote ‘I don’t look american’ so yeah. And she made me go to Victorias Secret. Now my feet hurt, I’m hungry and I need to get out of these tights. How was your day? And why are you here?”

“Wow that sounds like uhm…. Fun? So far I did like 6 interviews 2 foto shoots, shot commercial and some work out. I squeezed in first so I hoped I could catch you for lunch before I have to get back for an on ice practice. Evgeni and I have to fly to New York in 3 days just for 2 nights for some more media stuff… we’re the first team that started with camp so we’ll meet up with like Tazer, Kaner, Ovi, Steve, Eric, Marty for the whole shebang.”

“I have no clue who you are talking about, I lost track after Marty but I guess Eric is monster Staalsy and Ovi got him but yeah…. Pardon me I lived in France that’s like trying to Poutine in Texas. Their biggest guy right now is Kevin Hecquefeuille and he just transfrerred from O to D after years…”

Sidney laughed and shook his head at his wife: “Sometimes you are just too much… why don’t you change into something more comfy, rest and the pasta and I will come to you.”

“Sure thanks.”

“You’re welcome.”

“Uhm what was that you wanted to tell me about last night?” Viviane asked when she stood in the door remembering his confusing remark before she later fell into an unresting sleep filled with dreams that made her blush slightly…

------------------------
“Yes” Viviane looked up and Sidney straight in the eyes. He opened his lips to speak but closed them again like a fish.
“It’s just… ” he smiled and shook his head. “Forget it… it’s not that important. Good night… see you tomorrow.”
Sid turned around, walked back into his room and closed the door behind him.
Viviane on the other hand stood in the doorframe with her eyebrows furrowed together.
-----------------------

“Just forget it okay?” Sidney remembered the conversation and shook his head. “It was just something that went through my head but… it’s okay yeah?”

“Sure” Viviane nodded, grabbed her bags and headed towards the stairs to change.