Status: Complete.

Keep Your Girl Out of My Shoe Cabinet, Your Wife

Chapter 24

Image

Anna Wintour looked the young couple walking into her suite. Her schooled eyes scanned their appearances and a small smile made her lips curl.

“Viviane it’s a pleasure to see you again” she said when she nodded to the couch and made a mental note when she saw how he waited patiently for her to sit down and arrange her dress before taking his spot next to her.

“Hello Mrs. Wintour. The pleasure is all mine. I’d like you to meet my husband Sidney. You may have heard of him before.”

“Oh yes, yes my son is a fan.” Saying this she reached for her dark sunglasses, took them off to place them on the glass table in front of her and reached for the voice recorder to get the type started.

With the departure of the sunglasses Sidney’s nervousness started to vanish and he felt a little better.

“Well” Anna started “First we’ll talk a little about fashion and then about your sudden disappearance if that’s okay with the two of you.”

“Sure no problem” Viviane answered but her left hand searched for Sidney’s and when her cold fingers finally hit his warm palm he gladly closed his hand around hers and rubbed over it’s back.

“So Sidney” Viv felt him tensing up a little as Anna began “I really like your tuxedo and the way the bow tie and the cummerbund match with her dress without looking like you two tried too hard to be recognized as a couple. Who’s this from if I may ask?”

Viviane laughed slightly because she already knew the answer. It was something she loved to pick on.

“Well my suits are tailor made because I just don’t fit into the one’s you get at the store… no matter if you go to let’s say Macy’s or Armani. So a local tailor in Pittsburgh made this one.”

“Ah okay, interesting. Viviane you look great as usual. Tell me about your outfit.”

“The dress is from Donna Karan last years collection actually. I wore it for the fashion week in Paris and could keep it. I mean sure designers send me dresses but in the last couple of months my physique changed a little so most of the gowns didn’t fit or I felt uncomfortable. My shoes honestly are $10 flats from H&M. They are really comfortable and this gentleman over here recently went through our shoe closed and made post it onto each shoe I’m not allowed to wear in the next time… let’s just say it would have been better for the environment to put post it onto those I can wear. What else do I wear… the clutch is from Reed Krakoff and the jewelry… it’s from Sid… you have to ask him…”

“That’s a lot of information. Let’s split it up a little. I like how you mix a 3,000 dollar dress with 10dollar flats. Who’d bother that. So the jewelry… the photography department has been raiding the internet for weeks to get a good shot but couldn’t find any. Sidney mind to explain?”

“Of course. So it’s all Tiffany’s actually. The engagement ring looks a lot like one she always admired in school. I mean Viviane never was a pink loving girl with perfume’s and makeup but she sometimes stared at a picture of such a ring on the notebook of a girl she had to sit next to in history because be talked to much.”

“You noticed that?” Viviane looked at Sidney in semi-shock.

“Obviously… well the wedding band is pretty simple because there will be times it just comes in handy to take the rock off and just have the slim band without and shiny diamonds. It’s timeless and simple just like Viv. And then we’d have the earrings. Viviane actually is the first person to wear them so this is a world premiere. They won’t go into sale until December 1st for the Christmas season but I was able to pull some strings. Each earring has 4 diamonds and I gave it to her for our 4-4.”

“That’s really impressing. I know how hard it is to make Tiffany hand out certain items earlier. Just one question maybe Viviane can answer this one… what’s the 4-4” Anna asked and her eyes shifted to Viv.

“To be honest… I’ve been wondering the same thing since he gave them to me today.” She answered and heard Sidney chuckle silently.

“We got married 4 months and 4 days ago. The day after Halloween was quite stressful and the next time I checked the time it already was the 2nd so yeah.”

“4 months already? Wow…” Viviane realized and her gaze shifted to the baby.

Anna asked them a couple of more questions about how they knew each others, the wedding, the wedding dress and when both Sidney and Viviane thought they were almost free to go the question came.

“So before I let you two go to the party one last question or more like a comment… there have been rumors on the internet from fans that saw you in Pittsburgh, your dress has a very interesting cut and you Sidney forbid her to wear heels. You glow Viviane. Not just your natural glow or the newlywed’s glow but the glow. I’m not asking any question just hoping for a statement.”

Viviane turned to Sid to see his reaction just to find him looking at her and smiling.

“It’s true. We are really fortunate and are already expecting our first baby. It’s not like we were going to keep it a secret but we both are people who cherish the little privacy we get so we’re not giving away too many facts just that we are really happy to have a small healthy growing baby and we can’t wait to finally meet this little troublemaker this spring. We’d really appreciate it if people continue to give us the room we need and try not to get too involved into our lives. So far I don’t know when or if I will return to the runway. Tonight is just about meeting old friends, having a good time and causing attention and raising money for a good cause.”

“Thank you for your time. Renée will start writing it right now so it should be in the December issue. Have a great evening. It was nice meeting you Sidney” Anna said, putting the recorder into her handbag, grabbing her sunglasses and getting up.

“Thank you it was an honor” Sid replied and the couple left.

As soon as the elevator closed and Anna Wintour was out of sight, Viviane exhaled and let her head drop onto Sidney’s shoulder who for once was two inches taller than her.

“That wasn’t too bad huh?” he asked and caressed her upper arm to cheer her up a little.

“Not as bad as I expected it to be but I don’t like how Renée writes so we’ll see… I’m exhausted… can I sleep please?” she whined and closed her eyes.

“No you can’t but let’s just run over the carpet and the media I mean they will get all the information they need either trough watching or the vogue and after dinner we will only stay shortly then you can sleep and tomorrow I’ll let you sleep through the flight.”

----------

The car ride was a pretty short one and before Viviane knew, the door was opened and Sidney stepped out, lingered to help her out. Gladly she took his hand and stepped out. After rearranging her dress they knotted their fingers and walked towards the red carpet and the hungry crowd of journalists and TV cameras.

When they came to stop in front of them, Sidney rested his hand on her back as she turned towards him and placed her hand on his chest showing of her beautiful rings to pose for the press. Sid smiled when he felt the bump nudging into his side and pulled her a little closer. Instantly everyone started yelling their name to catch their attention to look into the ‘right’ camera. After a minute or two Viviane felt Sidney softly poking her. She looked into his eyes and he narrowed them towards the entry. Barely nodding she moved a little locked their hands again and they moved further down the carpet. By now of course everyone had seen the bump and the happy glances so the reporters were trying to catch their attention as they passed by.

Inside of the large ball room she introduced Sidney to a bunch of important guests like Vivian Westwood, Vera Wang, Tatiana Sorokko, Elle Macpherson and of course Heidi.
The dinner was amazing, the decoration and the live music above all standards. Viviane had to laugh a little when she realized that all the girls at her table were current or former angels plus Sharen Jester Turney, one of the two CEO’s of Victoria Secret. It was a little funny because the girls were served a special with the show coming up this week. To Viviane it felt like they had been placed there on purpose. Many of the models and working again reached out to her to give her pointer how to get her old weight back. When Viviane announced that so far she didn’t have any plans of returning soon after birth and that she for now rather concentrated of giving birth to a healthy kid and to raising it correctly, most of them looked at her as if she had gone insane.

------------

At some point at the night when the girls pulled her away from the table for some girl talk, Sidney had started to bond with Miranda Kerr’s husband Orlando Bloom. After 3 hours in the noisy room Viviane was starting to feel anxious and dull-headed so she decided to step out on the balcony to catch some fresh air.

Orlando was just telling Sidney about filming with Johnny Depp, one of Viviane’s favorite actors when he saw her leaving the group of girls and headed out. Sid excused himself from Orlando and followed her. The temperature had dropped significantly and when he stepped out less than a minute after her, he found her shivering. Taking of his jacket he came closer, covered her with the warming fabric and wrapped his arms around her and hoped that his warm torso would warm her a little.

“Hey” she whispered with the shiver making the voice shaky.

“What’s wrong?” he asked pressing her back further into his chest.

“It’s just getting a little much. All the girls with their nice but useless advice, the music, all the people. It’s not what I need right now.”

“So… let’s make our donation, head back to the hotel, change you into sweats and go to bed watching a movie so you can fall asleep and stay there.”

“Why do you just say the words I need to hear?” Viviane wondered, turned around, rose to her toes and softly covered his lips with hers.

“Because I knew you before you could say my name” he answered and smiled at her.

“Well now she screams your name huh?” A mocking voice from the door said.

Their heads flew around and unlike Viviane Sidney recognized the dark haired guy right away.

“Oh you’re alive Comrie?” he mocked back before shaking his head.

“Honey meet Mike Comrie, he tried to play for the penguins last season but a hip injury almost killed him. Comrie meet Viviane, my wife.” Sidney went on.

“I almost thought that. Hilary is somewhere trying to find a waiter. She’s craving chocolate covered pickles and she hopes they will make her some.” Mike shivered at the thought and Viviane felt her stomach turn.

“Ewwww why would someone eat that? I’m just all in for Nutella mustard sandwiches.” She replied and crept closer to Sidney hoping he realized that she wanted to get back to the hotel.

“Preggy’s taste is awesome huh?” Sid joked: “Well we were just heading out but it was great seeing you. Tell Hilary we said Hi and all the best for the birth.”

“Thanks. Same for you though it seems like you still have a little long time for just the two of you than we have. See you around.”

The couple bid good bye and passed the lonely husband. Quickly they found Heidi and Seal, thanked them for the evening but explained her why they were leaving already. Having gone through more than one pregnancy, Heidi understood it and called them a car after thanking them about 20 times for their donations.

-------------

Back in her hotel room, Viviane just dropped onto her bed in shoes, dress and Sidney’s jacket. He stood in front of the bed looking down on her.

“Come one. 5 minutes and you’re done… let’s get you out of the dress.” He argued trying to make her stand up again.

Against her will she let him pull her up and walked towards the bathroom.

“Well I guess I’ll run down, change and come back if that’s okay.” He said before she disappeared.

“Don’t be ridiculous. Open my suitcase I have stolen one of your sweats because mine don’t fit anymore and there also is a shirt of you I slept in last night so don’t wonder about possible perfume smells.”

“Uhm okay… do you want me to give you something to change into?”

“I don’t have anything to change into for bed then… sorry.”

Sidney laughed and followed her but stopped in the doorframe and started to unbotton his dress shirt.

“Here” he said handing it to her. “It’s better than running about just in underwear and in movies girls seem to like it.”

Viviane laughed about his awkwardness but also admired his upper body in the mirror.

“I’ll look for said items and wait over there” Sid pointed towards the other room and walked away.

Quickly she changed into one of Sidney’s shirt. After taking off the make up and brushing her teeth she went back into the bedroom and found him sitting on her bed leaning against the headboard.

Crawling into the bed, she placed herself between his legs with her back against his chest and soon his arms sneaked around her middle.

“I hear they have friends reruns on” Sid said and laughed.

“Turn it on” she agreed and felt his body turn under her head.

He followed her advice and switched the tv on. Viviane smiled when she realized that it was the same episode she started to watch earlier that day and she felt Sidney laugh silently.

“Remember when we first watched it?” he asked suddenly.

“Oh yeah…”

“Now look where we are today…”

“Ever thought you’d propose to the same girl twice?” she joked and let her index finger roam over his wedding band.

“Except for never actually proposing… I don’t know… Viviane Katherine Crosby doesn’t sound too bad now huh?”

“No… could have been worse… still this is like incest.”

Sidney laughed loudly about her comment and caresses her hair. When he felt her drifting away in her thoughts and getting a little more tired, he softly began to take the pins out of her hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kelly, Lee and Georgia thank you sooo much.