Status: Complete.

Keep Your Girl Out of My Shoe Cabinet, Your Wife

Chapter 25

Image

The next morning Sidney and Viviane left the hotel right after having breakfast with the team. Soon they headed to LAX and had a direct flight to Pittsburgh. As Sidney expected, Viviane fell asleep the second she sat down on the seat next to him and fastened her seatbelt. Having nothing better to do he spent the flight watching the on board movies and occasionally looking over to the girl sleeping on his shoulder.
When they landed he woke her up and after they got their luggage back he drove them home.
While he had a doctor’s appointment she stayed home and slept a little more. Sidney could only smile about her sudden need of enormous amounts of sleep.
The doctors had no news for him so when he returned to the house the two had to figure out what to do.
The young couple spent the day picking out new furniture for the nursery and had a lot of fun watching gossip TV who now were reporting about the pregnancy. Later that night after Sidney cooked dinner while Viviane took a shower to finally get the rest of the hairspray out of her hair since they hardly had time this morning. They watched the late game and fell asleep on the large red couch in their cinema.

The next morning Sidney woke up in the cinema all by himself. His back hurt and when he stood up to stretch the aching muscles he felt like someone had beaten him in the spine. Shaking the pain for a minute he decided to head upstairs and after a quick but warm shower he walked into the kitchen to find Viviane dancing through the kitchen, lowly humming to some song on the radio while preparing breakfast.

“Good morning” he greeted her.

“Good morning Sid. Slept well? My back hurt like hell… I won’t ever fall asleep there.”

“Or we’ll just get a new couch that’s like a bed.”

“Yeah right so you’ll never leave that room”, she teased him. In the time they owned the house the cinema had been used for less than 10 times. Sidney laughed along with her, grabbed some items and put them onto the dinner table.

“So what’s your plan for today?” Viviane asked.

“We have a practice around noon, I’ll be around for that one. Later today we’ll leave to that team bonding event I told you about.”

“Right… do you really not mind if I don’t tag along? I feel like it’s getting a little much right now.”

“No… it’s no problem. There actually a bunch of wives and girlfriends who are staying here because of the kids, jobs or other reasons. Don’t worry too much about that. I’ll be back before you know.”

“Yeah I’m scared of that… I’m so happy to finally have the whole house all to myself” she said and stuck her tongue out. Sid laughed about her childishness and mumbled something like “Like you’ll leave the hot tub during those days.”
In the last time the hot tub had turned into the place where you’d most likely find Viviane because of her acing back.

“So do you have time to join me for my 10am appointment at the doctor? You are behaving better right now so maybe we’ll find out what we’re having” she said matter of factly and carried the glasses with smoothie into the dining room. Her husband followed her like a lost puppy.

“Really? Would you do that? That would be soooo amazing. Then we could pick names.”

“First breakfast, then you pack your bag for the bonding stuff. Afterwards we’ll go to the doctor, find out and then I’ll drop you at Consol so you can bitch at Pascal for the next days that we’re having a girl and that she’ll never get to play in the NHL.”

Sidney threw his head back in laughter. Once he regains posture he looked at her and she felt him getting serious. “No honestly I couldn’t care less about what gender it is. I wouldn’t care if it’s a little girl and she gets to play hockey in the Olympics or if it’s a boy being a male supermodel being the new face of Armani. All I need to know is that it’s healthy and that both the baby and the mother are okay. Everything else is secondary.”

His honest words meant a lot to Viviane and she had a little jump in her step when he held the office door open for her. The young girl escorting them eyed Sidney up and down since he had gotten out of the car. ‘If I take my eyes of him for a second she’ll jump his bones… not that I could judge her’ Viviane thought and smiled at the girl’s face when the doctor closed the door in her face.
After asking the usual questions he asked her to lay down so he could take the sonogram. Sidney sat next to her squeezing all blood out of her hand and his palms were slightly sweaty. His eyes went wide and he looked at the doctor accusingly when Viviane jumped a little when the cold gel hit her skin. The doctor moved the device around a little but shook her head.

“You’re little honey is fast asleep and has the legs crossed so we can’t see a thing.”

Viviane’s face fell a little. She had been so excited about today but Sidney simply didn’t seem to care. He stared at the little monitor in awe taking in every little detail he could get and when the doctor switched from 2D into 3D Viviane could have sworn to see a little tear prickling in his left eye.

They thanked the doctor, Viviane got a new prescription for prenatal vitamins and headed out. The drive to the rink was a quite one. Viviane concentrated on cursing the other drivers on the road and Sidney still stared at the tiny pictures in his hands.
When she pulled into the parking lot and got out of the car he hadn’t move an inch so she opened his door, stood beside him, leaning against the side of the car with her les crossed and the other hand perched at her hip.

“Mi Lord we came hither from thither. Would thou, my highness mind leaving the ride?”

Sidney’s head flew around and he looked at her confused.
“What?”

“Get your fat ass out of the car. You have a practice to attend and I have a nap to take.” She responded. He just shook his head, jumped out of the car and reached for his suitcase in the trunk.

“Hey Crosby family” Richard Park greeted them when he locked his car 4 spaces away from them.

“Hey Rich” they greeted him back.

“Thanks for driving me babe. Don’t miss me too much. I’ll call you as soon as we’re at the hotel okay?”
Viviane nodded and looked at him as he bend his knees. “And you little one in there be nice to your mom yeah? No soccer or boxing practice until daddy is home you hear me?”
She smiled at his cuteness and beamed at him when he was back at her level.

“I think I should get to practice I mean even Staal is here already” he pointed at the car next to Evgeni’s.

“I guess. Have a great time and don’t let us hold you back. Have fun with the guys and drink a glass of wine or two for me…”

“Will do… as soon as the baby is here and you don’t have to breast feed anymore I will promise you I will get a baby sitter and we will have a nice evening in our backyard with a bottle of your favorite white wine okay?”

“That sounds amazing… baby pop out already I want a nice evening without inner bruised.”

Sidney and Viviane laughed and when he reached for her hand she just looked into his eyes and smiled. Right now she was happy.
“I really need to go or Dan will come out here in person and carry me in… I’m not kidding he can do that with one arm.”

“I know I mean he’s not that monster in Washington.”

“Luckily not. I’ll see you soon.”

“Text me when your back and I’ll get you at the airport.”

“Thanks hun.”

Sidney placed one hand on the car and leaned against Viviane who stood with her back pressed against the car. His other hand sneaked to the belt that held her pants in place and two fingers found their way under the shirt. Lightly he caressed the warm and soft skin of her waist as he leaned in to press his lips onto hers. Viviane’s eyes fluttered close and she left out a low sigh when he pulled away and stepped back.

“Bye Sidney.”

“Bye Viviane”

She leaned against the car while he met up with Tyler Kennedy, who briefly waved, and the two men walked towards the doors. When they were out of sight she got back into the car and headed home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eve, Lee (best comment on the story so far), Kelly, Cecilia and [url=http://member.mibba.com/132271/]Georgia[/ur] Thank you <3