Status: Complete.

Keep Your Girl Out of My Shoe Cabinet, Your Wife

Chapter 42

Image

Viviane stared at him unable to move. His words stuck in her head and his bottomless brown eyes glowed in the darkness of the night. She could only make out his body through the low glimmer of the fire.

“I…” she tried but couldn’t say anything. Disappointed in herself she shook her head and hid her face in her hands. Sidney let out a sigh, stood up and walked over to her. After caressing her hair for a second, he softly kissed her on the back of her head and said: “I’ll be waiting in bed.”
Quickly he disappeared behind the wooden door. When the lock clicked Viviane looked up and saw that he really was gone. Samantha’s head flew around and with some steps and a jump she was on the couch curling up beside Viviane resting her head on her arm. Viviane petted the dogs head.

---------------

Soon the room behind the wooden door fell into silence and Sidney pulled the covers up tossing and turning trying to find a comfortable position. ‘Just a few more minutes’ he thought ‘and she will come over.’
20 minutes later he still was alone so he flicked the lights on again, grabbed the book from his nightstand and tried to read a little. After rereading every second line because he couldn’t concentrate he pulled out his phone and texted the person he trusted with everything he owned including his sanity and life.

I told her…

Taylor was in Shattuck again because she has a bunch of hockey games coming up soon.

YOU ASKED HER????

Are you crazy? NO… I tried to talk about my feelings…

FINALLY only took you 20 years…

Sidney laughed a little at Taylors answer but shook his head.

NO that’s not what I told her. More about like ‘I want a future with you’ you know…

You’re such a coward bro. Why are you texting with me anyways? Shouldn’t you be with her right now?

He sighed and dropped his head back into the pillows.

She’s still in the living room… waiting in bed since half an hour but Viv’s not coming

F… you’re right. Thanks Tay. Love you.

No prob fat ass. Now run :P

Quickly he got up and literally ran into the living room. When he stopped in front of the couch and saw his dog and his wife fast asleep curled up around each others on the couch he couldn’t help but to smile. With his phone he snapped a picture and send it to his sister. On the tips of his toes he walked over to them and softly laid one hand on Viviane’s should. Tired she opened her eyes and looked at him.

“What’s wrong Sidney?”

“Don’t you want to come to bed. I was worried.”

Viviane looked at him as if she didn’t quite understand what he was talking about.

“Just come to bed. I don’t want you to sleep on the couch. It’s not good for your back and you wouldn’t sleep well anyways…”

“Sammy isn’t a good heater. She’d too small.” Viviane whispered and hugged the dog who barked and stood up. Samantha jumped off the couch, circled Sidney’s legs once rubbing her head against him before running up the stairs and disappearing in the loft.

“Come with me… you little heater is gone and the fire is out.” He argued.

Viviane looked around, focused on the fireplace then on him. She let out a huff, pouted a little and stuck her arms out. Sid laughed, bent down and picked her up. She let out a short cry.
Sidney’s eyes were wide opened and he looked at her in shock fastening his grip on her.
“Are you okay? Do I have to bring you to the hospital? Is the baby coming? Oh my god… I didn’t think about that… was is a contraction?”

Viviane hid her face in his chest and cuddled into him. “No… Junior just kick and it hurt.” She mumbled and closed her eyes. Sid stared at her in confusion but since she seemed totally relaxed he carefully carried her to the master bedroom and set her down. When he joined her in bed she turned around, placed her head over his heart and her arm laid over his chest with her hand resting on his right biceps, just like she did every night.
He smiled about her possessive position and cradled her belly with his right hand. Listening to his wife breathing in and out and feeling his kid moving around slightly he finally found his inner peace and fell asleep.

------------------------------------------

In the middle of the night he suddenly heard a scream and sat up within seconds. He opened his eyes immediately. His gaze landed on Viviane and his heart stopped…….
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is for Cecilia, Laiba, Casey, Kelly, Kendra, Lee and Zoe