Status: Complete.

Keep Your Girl Out of My Shoe Cabinet, Your Wife

Chapter 48

Image

“Viviane hurry up we have to go” Taylor’s voice boomed through the suite Viviane, Sidney, Taylor and Anakin shared in a luxurious hotel downtown Montreal.

Viviane checked her hair one last time and let her fingers wander over her dress. Her cheeks hurt from trying to muster a smile but when she heard the noise of little hands patting on the exquisite hard wood floor and the noise of pants robbing over it she felt her heart flutter and trying to smile felt a little less impossible. Quickly she turned on the tip of her shoes to pick up her five year old baby boy. Once she placed him on her hip, he let his left index finger disappear between the lips that just screamed ‘Crosby Junior’ and nestled his head into his mothers chest.
Viviane walked into the foyer of the suite and found her sister in law fidgeting with the seam of her dress.

“Wow Tay you look stunning… make sure your brother doesn’t see you in that dress or you will be locked in our basement until you’re 30.”

Taylor laughed. “You’re so delusional… more like 50.”
The girls shared a whole heartedly laughter and headed towards the elevators. In front of the hotel a car already waited for them and brought them to the Notre Dame de Montreal. It was a beautiful July day. Not too hot but also not too humid. A long line of cars stopped in front of the church but for once those weren’t busses filled with tourists from around the world but limousines filled with family, friends and the who-is-who of hockey and Canadian media. As soon as her Jimmy Choo’s stepped onto the pavement next to the car Viviane stared at the cathedral in awe.

“It’s huge huh? Wait till you get inside.” Taylor commented and handed off her sleeping nephew and the back leather tote that served as a diaper bag.

“Thank you” Viviane said and cradled the sleeping baby in her arms. At the giant doors of the church a woman from the security service asked for their names and after checking them off on a list Viviane and Taylor received golden plastic bracelets and were free to enter the church.

They stepped into the dimmed light and followed another lady who led them to their seats. She seated them in the third row rather close to the next exit. Obviously to allow a quick exit in case Anakin threw a fit. They sat down and Viviane wrapped her sleeping boy into a warm blanket she had put into the diaper bag. Taylor on the other hand inspected the bracelet. In a nice baroque font it said: “Marc-André & Veronique”
After a long relationship Flower had finally put a ring on Vero’s finger when they visited Africa in 2011. Now one year later the brunette dragged her goalie in front of the altar. Viviane let her gaze wander through the building while the last guests were seated. Many familiar faces smiled at her or were in heated conversations. Dan Bylsma sat some rows behind next to his wife and his son talking to Ray Shero who sat in front of him. Mario and Nathalie sat next to Wayne Gretzky and his wife on the other side of the church. A much younger group were seated in the back consisting of guys like Jonathan Toews and his Plus 1 Patrick Kane, Marc and Jared Staal, and a bunch of other younger guys from the league. She turned back to Taylor and saw her smiling.

“Hi, so great to see you… I didn’t know you were coming.” She beamed at a guy about her age with brown curls and a huge smile that reminded Viviane of someone. Taylor jumped up and was pulled into a bear hug.

“Tayty… hi… you look… amazing… nice dress…” he choked on his own words and blushed a little.

“Thanks… Oh uhm… Anth this is my brother’s wife Viviane, Vivy, this is Anthony. He’s the goalie for the Prep team in Shattuck.”

“Hey Anthony. Nice to meet you.”

“Hello Mrs. Crosby. Likewise.”

“Oh please no… Viviane or Viv but Mrs. Crosby… that’s Sid’s and Tay’s grandmother.”

A deep voice behind Anthony chuckled and when he sat down it was Viviane’s turn to be star struck.

“So this is the lady we’ve heard loads about… pleasure to meet you Viviane. I’m Martin Brodeur and this is my dad Denis.”
Viviane needed a second to find her breather.

“Hey nice to meet both you. I would stand up but this little rugrat is fast asleep.”

The legendary goaltender and his father sat down next to Anthony who was chatting with Taylor about their new goaltending coach.

“C’est le bebe de Crosby?” the photographer of roughly 30% of the pictures in her fathers office asked.

“Oui” Viviane smiled and brushed a dark curl out of the babies front head.

“What’s the name? It’s really precious.” Marty asked. So far Viviane and Sidney had managed to keep name, gender AND pictures out of the public eye. Reporters had asked Sidney several times but he would always just shrug, smile and answer that the baby was fine. When Ani was born the Penguins just released a statement on the homepage that the baby was born and that both mother and child were fine.

“His name is Anakin Patrick.”
Brodeur smiled.
“So the next next one? He looks just like his dad… just make sure Sid doesn’t put him on ice before he’s 18 months.”

Viviane laughed. “I’ll do my best. We’re just crawling and robbing through the house and have to lock and drawers and doors he can reach now. Let’s hope we have a little more time before he starts walking. I think even Sid is smart enough to know, that the kid should be walking before skating…”

The eldery Brodeurs chuckled as the talking in the church calmed down when Marc-André and his boys walked in. They all were dressed in black tuxedos. The groomsmen bore golden ties while Marc-Andre wore a golden bowtie. His party was rather large, his man of honor of course was Max, among the groomsmen were Sid, Tanger and Jordan aslwell as some former team mates and friends from back home. After them the Reverend walked in and greeted everyone. The conversation between Taylor and Anthony died down and also Martin and Denis turned their gazes to the altar. Viviane though looked down to Ani who opened his eyes and looked at him mother wide eyes. She smiled at the sleepy baby and let him hold her index finger. The light dimmed down a little more and the music set in. Everyone stood up, now that Anakin was awake even Viviane arose from her seat and turned around to see the brides maids walk in. It also was a mix of WAG’s and friends from home. Then Vero was lead in. She wore a beautiful white Vera Wang A line gown with a sweetheart neckline and a train that would make Princess Catherine jealous.

Viviane watched her closet friend she had in Pittsburgh walk towards the love of her life. Marc-André smiled wildly when her hand finally laid in his and they turned towards the reverend.

The ceremony was held bilingually and Disney couldn’t have written a better story line for the ceremony. Viviane was happy for her friends but at the same time she couldn’t look up to Sid when the newlyweds walked out and the parties started to follow. She bit her lower lip and looked down to her son who fell asleep again.
Taylor softly squeezed her knee and muttered: “I know.”

----------------

Everyone started to filter out and so did Viviane and Taylor. Anthony decided to tag along but Martin said he’d bring his father home. Anakin held onto her finger when she carried him out of the chilly church following the chatting teenagers into the bright sun of the day. A car brought them to a mansion outside of the city. In the garden the reception would be held. The driver checked their bracelets. Gold meant they were invited to the reception and white meant church only.

Taylor and Anthony had spotted some class mate from Shattuck and headed off while Viviane followed the signs to the backyard.
Viviane’s breath stuck in her throat for a second. It was perfect. Every single detail was the way Vero had wanted it to be. The woman of the day already had changed into a shorter and lighter dress and stood in her now husbands arm glowing and smiling. The groomsmen and also Flower had dropped their jackets and stood in a circle chatting and laughing. About 60 guests were at the location already chatting eagerly.
Slowly Viviane walked down the stairs and headed to the newly wed couple to offer her congratulations. As soon as she was in the circle, Ani extended his arms and looked at his father with huge eyes. Letting out a soft chuckle, Sidney took him from Viviane and hugged him carefully.
“You my young Padawan need a new diaper.” Sidney said. Viviane shrugged the tote off her shoulder and gave it to him.

“Good luck finding a bath room.”

Sidney made a face but walked away.

“You officially are the coolest mom ever” Colby Armstrong said and pulled her into a bone crushing hug.

“Wowow hold your horses Army. So good to see you. How are you my friend?”

He went on telling her about his summer so far and asked her about her life as a mom. Mel, his wife and his son were at their summer home because the little one was struggling with fever and a really bad cold.
After a while Jordan pulled Army away and Viviane found someone else to talk to. When a bell rang everyone took a seat so the food could be served. She sat down next to Sidney with Anakin on her lap. Taylor sat to his left and Matt, Jackson and Michelle Cooke sat next to her. James Neal and his girlfriend Jenna were the last two on their table of eight. Conversations were flowing easily. James, Taylor and Sidney were talking hockey while Jenna and Matt were entertained by Jackson. Michelle was totally smitten and the two mothers talked about habits of the little boys and Michelle gave her tips on little things.
When everyone was waiting for desert, Viviane picked up Anakin and retreated into the silence and privacy of the house to feed and change him.
Soon she found a little sitting room on the first level that had a window facing the party so when she sat she could still see what was going on but through the curtains no one could see her.
He smiled at her contently when he had a fresh diaper and he softly clapped his hands when she dropped one strap of her dress and picked him up to feed him. Soon his eyes fluttered close while he drank.
Suddenly her cell phone started ringing and when she saw that it was her mom she answered.

“Hi Mom.”

“Hey sweetie. How is the wedding? Am I interrupting?”

“No it’s okay. Ani and I just took a moment to ourselves. That little man is hungry so before he starts fussing I took a break. He just isn’t a fan of anything but real milk.”

Her mother laughed. “Sounds familiar. How is the party? Everything is going well?”

Viviane leaned back, let out a sigh and began to tell her mother about the day until her emotions got the best of her.

“Hey Vivy… shhh…. Don’t cry… it will all be fine…”

“No mom… I just… it’s… ”

“Take a deep breath and take your time…”

“Mom… Why can’t I be happy? Why can’t I be loved? I don’t want to be alone…” she whispered in her tears.

“Tabernac. What are you talking about? You have Sidney and Anakin. And you know he loves you deep down.”

Viviane let out a frustrated huff.

“Right. That’s why he hasn’t kissed me since Ani was born and the last time we had sex was the night… well you know what I mean. That one drunk mistake.”

“VIVIANE don’t I swear DON’T dare to call my grandson a mistake.”

“MOM I didn’t call Ani a mistake… though maybe I would be happier if that night never happened…”

“Vivy… we’ll talk about it when you get home okay? We’ll find a way to make you happy okay? Now splash some water through your face, hold up for a couple of hours. You can break down in the hotel just don’t ruin Vero’s day. she had to wait 15 years for this.”

“Okay… talk to you when I get home.” With a sigh she dropped her phone into the purse, detached her sleeping son from her breast and pulled bra and dress back on.

“Come on little trouble maker… let’s find your Maxi-Cosi so you can sleep a little.” She picked up her bag, cradled Ani into her chest and stood up. Turning around she froze when she looked into the shocked face of….

“Max?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Just landed in Philly. So I'm sending Cheese steaks from Geno's and hugs from Max (I'll hunt that traitor down... give me two hours;) ) to Lauren, Kelly, Lee, Kendra and Laiba.

COMMENT for receive free imaginary give aways from Buffalo :D

P.S.: here's a shot of Anthony, Marty and Denis CLICK