Status: Complete.

Keep Your Girl Out of My Shoe Cabinet, Your Wife

Chapter 49

Image

My eyes grew wide and I softly set Anakin’s Maxi-Cosi onto the couch next to me.

“Max… It’s not what you think… you didn’t hear anything did you? It sounded… it’s just…” Viviane tried to explain and tears prickled in her eyes. The French Canadian remained silent, closed the distance between them and pulled her into his chest rocking her softly. She tried hard not to sob and bit her lower lip it almost hurt.
After a while Max leaned back, reached into his pocket for a tissue and dried her tears.

“I heard enough to know that something is really wrong.”

‘FUCK’ her inner voice cursed.

“Don’t worry ma cherié. I won’t tell anyone… as long as you tell me every thing. What is wrong with mon capitaine?”

“He’s not your captain any more, Max.”

“But he is my friend and so are you. You really look like you need a good heart to heart and someone to listen to. I promise no one will hear a word about what ever is wrong in your marriage but I need to know. Please.”

Viviane let out a sigh. There was no way to get out of this. In the last year she had gotten to know Max well enough to figure out that he got every thing he wanted.

“Fine… come over tomorrow around one. But I promise you if anyone finds out I will cut off your balls and hang them from the rafters in Consol. That is no joke.”

Max squeezed her tightly one more time and agreed.

“Just one last question… who know about… your issues?”

“Just his parents, my parents, Taylor and Rebecca.” Viviane answered and sighed.

“Rebecca? Is that a friend of yours? Or do you have a sister?” Max asked and Viviane felt like she was struck by a lightning.

“Uhm… well no… we’ll talk about all of that tomorrow okay?”

“Fine. Down the hall is a restroom. You may wanna fix your make up before we head out again. I’ll keep both of my eyes on Ani in the meantime. ”

Thankful Viviane nodded and disappeared. When she saw herself in the mirror she was shocked. Her mascara-that claimed to be water proof- was running over her cheeks in black streams and the lipstick was smeared. Quickly she reached into the diaper bag for a wet tissue and removed the mess before freshening it up again. She returned to the sitting room and Max offered her his famous wide smile.

“Let’s not talk about it anymore okay? It’s Vero’s big day. Tomorrow you can worry about my messed up life.”
Maxime nodded, grabbed the Maxi-Cosi and guided Viviane outside again.

-------------------------

The rest of the night Viviane sat on a sun bed a little away from the loud music and the cheers. Occasionally Taylor, Max or some friends would some over. Ani laid on the sun bed out like a light. The sun had set and the dance floor was well filled.
After a while Taylor picked Anakin up and sat down where he slept. The baby curled into her lap, stuck his index finger into his mouth and kept sleeping.

“Viv…” she started in a low voice: “What does Max know?”

Viviane looked at her with tennis ball sized eyes: “What? How do you know?”

“He asked me for a dance and then tried to find out who Rebecca is.” Taylor answered.

“Damn… when I was inside with Ani my mom called and I was feeling really down so I talked with her a little and Max over heard a part of the conversation. I was really down, you crying and all and now he wants to talk to me… tomorrow… I’ll have to tell him…”

“Viviane… you will destroy everything…”

“What is there to destroy? Maybe Max will knock some sense into that brother of yours… I really don’t see us anywhere in the future.”

“Are you kidding me? You are like perfect. And what has Rebecca to do with all of that. Please don’t tell me that she is back.” The teenager looked at her in shock.

“No Tay… not that I know of. It … let’s talk about that tomorrow okay? And for the record we are no where close to perfect. Actually I feel like I’m standing in the ruins of myself. But that are things you don’t want to hear about. Now why don’t you go back to the party and let me worry about that tomorrow? I will head back to the hotel soon and when you find your brother somewhere tell him he has diaper duty tonight. I need some sleep.”

Taylor gave her a sympathic look, betted the baby back into the pillows and disappeared into the crowd.
Viviane laid down next to Ani to watch the loud crowd having fun, drinking and dancing. It looked like they were having so much fun but it was impossible for her to blend in. Anakin always got anxious in crowds or with louder noises and the frenchies weren’t exactly quiet. She wasn’t one of those mother’s who handed away their little baby to a nanny so she could have fun.

“So sleepy little man?” a deep voice behind her said and when she turned around to see Sidney.
“Yeah… I’ll take him back to the hotel in a few. It’s getting dark and late so it’s time to go. Besides it’s well past his bed time.”

“I didn’t see you over there after the meal at all… ”

“Because your son LOVE big crowds, I’m in the situation to drink some of those nice cocktails, which is pretty much every thing those waitresses serve and a Maxi-Cosi is THE must have acessoire on the dance floor.” Sarcasm dripped when she sat up.

“I’m sorry… I totally forgot about that one… I should have taken him for a while… I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. It’s your best friends wedding. You SHOULD have fun and your wife and son shouldn’t be the ones to hold you back, just come home at some point tonight because I would be greatfull if you could take over tonight’s diaper duty.”

Sidney just nodded, picked up his son and set him into the seat. After he tugged the extra blanket around him he slung the diaper bag around his shoulder, picked up the Maxi Cosi and looked at Viviane.
“Come on. Let’s find Flower and Vero and get back to the hotel.”

Slowly she stood up, folded the blanket she had used as a cover up and slipped her heels back on before following him over the grass to their friends.
The couple sat on a pedestal watching over the crowd. Vero smiled and waved when she saw the little family approaching.

“Thank you so much for the invitation and the great day. But Anakin really needs to get to bed now.” Viviane explained when they bid goodbye. Vero quickly pulled her into a hug and thanked her for coming and wished her a good night. Flower also hugged her.

“Have a great honey moon.” Sidney said after hugging Vero and winked at Marc-André. Vero blushed and giggled.
In silence they walked through the back yard and around the house to the waiting cars in the drive way. Viviane buckled up the seat while Sidney explained the driver in which hotel they were staying. She sat down in the middle of the back seats and waited for him to take a seat next to her and fasten his seatbelt.
The driver started the car and pulled away.
Sidney’s head suddenly flew around and his eyes were wide in shock.

“Viviane who is that guy? We have to take her back to the hotel.”

She followed his gaze and found Taylor and Anthony on the steps in front of the large port of the mansion. They were sitting next to each others and Anthony’s jacket hung over her shoulders.

“Jeez Sid, give her a break.” The driver slowed down.

“What? ”

“Sir, please ignore him. We want to go to the hotel. Sidney let her have some fun. We’re talking about this tomorrow.”

“Fine.” He mumbled and stared out of the window.

------------------------------

Thirty minutes later the front door of the suite fell close and Viviane slipped out of her heels. Sidney hadn’t said a single word since the confrontation in the car and now he stomped towards the master bedroom. She shook her head at his behaviour and poured herself a glass of cranberry juice. After a while the door opened again and Sidney stepped out again.

“I changed the diapers, put on his PJ’s and but him into the crib. He’s fast asleep.” He reported and flopped down at the other end of the couch. Sid had changed into sweats and some Reebok shirt.

“Thanks… I’ll be right back… could you unzip me?”

“Yeah sure.”

Quickly he pulled down the zipper, sat back down and turned the TV on.
Viviane practically ran into the bedroom, closed the door behind her and slid down on it to the floor. She bit her quivering lip and squeezed her eyes shut trying not to spill any more tears.
‘Is he even a man?’ her brain screamed. After taking a couple of deep breaths, she stood up again, dropped her dress onto the hard wood floor and walked over to the mirror.
5 months of eating healthy and working out in the gym at home had paid off well and her stomach was flat again. It was toned again and luckily she didn’t get any stretch marks. The hips had gotten slightly wider and the breast feeding made her usually rather small breasts swell to a comfortable C cup. Soon it would shrink back to a good A or a sad B cup. She twisted and turned in front of the mirror trying to find out what possibly could keep him away from her. Defeated she stripped out of the expensive lingerie she had put on for the day and slipped into some boy shorts and oversized shirt that had wandered from Sidney’s closet into hers and some shot sweat pants.
After taking off the make up she brushed the hair spray out of her long hair that now reached down to her waist and put it up in a messy bun. Barefoot she walked back into the main room of the suite, headed into the kitchenette and put a cup of milk into the microwave. Once it was hot she sat back down next to Sidney who’s eyes were glued to the TV screen.

“The weather in West Virginia is really life changing when you are in Montreal for at least 3 more days and then heading to Nova Scotia.” She remarked sharply and sipped on her milk.

“I’m just trying to distract myself.”

’Yeah… NOT from your horny unloved wife, that’s for sure.’

“From what?” she asked instead.

“Who was that guy Tay hung out with? She should know better than disappearing in some dark corner with a guy she just met on a party.”

Viviane shook her head and laughed.

“Relax. Firstly you should have this conversation with her, not with me and secondly it wasn’t a dark corner but a stair case with dozens of people around and she knows him from school. But the rest is up to her.”

“School you say?” Sidney reached for his phone but Viviane was quicker and snatched the device from the table.

“You are NOT going to call the head master of Shattuck or the coach at 10pm on a Friday. Go to bed and talk to her. As far as I do remember you have a whole day with her tomorrow.”

His head sank into his hands and he nodded. “Yeah I know. A bunch of interviews a photo shoot and a meeting with Reebok. I’m getting her a new set of pads, a new blocker and a new glove. We’re meeting one of the designers so she can get it all the way she wants to.”

“Buying your sister’s love huh?”

“Let’s see how the talk ends…”

“Let’s go to bed. I really want to sleep and Ani will wake you up soon enough.”

After rinsing off the mug, Viviane went into the bathroom to brush her teeth. Then she crawled under the cowers on the side facing away from the crib.
Some minutes later she heard Sidney walking by but her eyelids were close already.

------------------------------

“YOU ARE NOT MY FATHER. YOU CAN’T TELL ME ANYTHING.”

“TAY I’M JUST ASKING YOU WHO HE IS AND WHAT YOU WERE DOING!” Sid looked at his sister who had tears in her eyes.

“WHY DO YOU CARE? YOU ARE NEVER AROUND.”

“I’M SORRY THAT I HAVE A JOB.”

“YEAH THAT’S WHY YOUR FRIENDS ARE THE ONE’S TO DRY YOUR WIFE’S TEARS.” Taylor spat back. Sidney swallowed hard.

“What?”

“Nothing. Just stay the fuck out of my personal life.” She hissed and kicked her heels off.

“Who bought you those heels and that SKIMPY dress? That guy? Viviane?”

“NO it was MOM. Because she actually allows me to breath and to HAVE A LIFE.”

The siblings stared at each others in rage. Sidney could hear the blood rushing through his ears.

Suddenly the door behind them opened and a tired voice said.

“Shut up… both of you. Calm your voices. I slept 3 hours last night because of Ani and I really would love to sleep a little more tonight. Sidney I told you to talk about that in the morning and Taylor thank you for telling him. I hoped you could keep it to yourself for a little longer. Now shut up go to bed and solve your problems in the morning. I want to sleep.” With these words she turned around and walked away.

Sidney’s gaze fell back onto Taylor who looked up to her bigger brother.

“His name is Anthony, he’s goalie for the Prep team and his dad is Martin Brodeur. We’re just friends and he was the only one I knew on the party so we hung out. His girlfriend broke up with him the other day and he wasn’t feeling like the big bang in the back yard that’s why we were in front of the house okay? Calm your tits and don’t back ground check him.”

He smiled down on her and pulled her into his chest.

“Thank you Taytay. Just stop growing up. To me you’re still my nine year old sister with pig tails.”

“I’m not Siddy. I mean look at you. You have a son and a wife, a huge car… for me you are the dork that shoots on Mom’s dryer and had tea parties with me and my dolls.”

“About that… what was the tears thing?”

“You either are dumb, blind or heartless… you’ll find out soon enough. Now hug me and full fill your diaper duty.”

Sidney laughed and hugged her.
“I love you munchkin.”

“I love you too”
♠ ♠ ♠
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT over 1000 readers?

Temptation (I bet that's not your real name ;)), Lee, Kendra, Kelly, Marie, Mckenna, Laiba, Cecilia (Welcome back... missed you), Alison and Zoe thank you for commenting. Girls I love you, you put a smile on my face not matter if it's your 30th comment or your first one :D