Status: Complete.

Keep Your Girl Out of My Shoe Cabinet, Your Wife

Chapter 51

Image

"Vivy? Hey Vivy wake up."

Sidney helplessly stood next to his wife's bed watching her toss and turn. Her eyes were squeezed close and her face was tense. Finally he caught one of her arms and stadied her. Surprised her breath hitched and her eyes flew open. In shock she stared at him.

"Why are you back already?" she asked him with a washed out voice.

"We have been back since two hours but I thought you needed your sleep. Taylor and Anakin are in the living room. I wanted to wake you up because we have to leave in two hours and I thought that would give you enough time to dress up. Are you okay? It seems like you were having a nightmare or something?"

Viviane rubbed her eyes and yawned.
"No doesn't matter. Is Ani fine?"

"Yeah he is great. Was dead asleep when we came back but woke up soon after. I changed him about 20minutes ago and Tay enjoys having him so yeah."

"Kay..." Viviane mumbled and pulled her blanket up to her hairline.

"Are you feeling okay? Do you feel sick?" Sidney asked looking at Viviane with a worried expression.

"Hmmph" was all Viviane mumbled while turning onto her side. Sid squatted next to the bed, pulled back the blanket a little and reached out to cup her face but her head inched back.

"Viviane, really are you okay? Do you think you will be able to go out with the guys tonight?"

"Sure", she mumbled. "Give me a cold shower and I'll be fine."

"Cold shower, eh? Been having naughty dreams?" he laughed.

"Funny" she remarked jumping up before stomping over to the bathroom slamming the door.

"Yeah" Sidney shook his head and let out a sigh before walking back into the main room. His sister was playing little peek a boo with Ani and the little boy was squealing at the top of his lungs. Sid sat down on the couch, cradled his son firmly against his chest and closed his eyes for a second.

"Everything alright?" Taylor asked raising an eyebrow at her brother's unusual behaviour.

"Yeah... No... I don't know. Viviane just freaked me out a little... She was really weird like she had seen a ghost or something. I just don't want anything to happen to her or Ani you know? They are all I have besides you guys. Then she flipped and was a little bitchy." Sidney let his hand ruffle through his son's dark curls who jerked his head back and looked at his father with his large dark blue eyes.

"Maybe she's on her period. We girls tend to get bitchy at that time of the month."

"She had never been this weird like ever."

"Sidney the last time you saw her you guys were what 15? Maybe you just don't remember it like that or you never interpreted it like that. In the whole time you were married she was pregnant so logically she wasn't on her period. After birth it takes a different time for every woman to return to the usual hormone production. Dude what did they teach you in Shattuck and Rimouski? We for sure had that in Biology." Taylor lectured him picking up some toys.

"Well maybe. I don't know. I never really paid attention. I had other things on my mind I guess." he admitted thinking back to the times he and Jack would steal the keys out of the coach's bag to sneak into the rink or gym early in the morning or late at night when everyone else was already beaten from the daily amount of work.

"Just give her some time. Now go hush hush use my shower and get ready have some fun with your friends and wife. I will have a great time with this little party wonder and you have nothing to worry about. Make her stop worrying about everything and let loose for a while."

Sidney listened to his sisters advice and disappeared into her room.

Only a few feet away Viviane winced under the burn of shampoo in her eyes.

"F*ck" she cursed slapping her flat hand against the cold tiles of the luxurious shower. Quickly her fingers flew to her face rubbing the burning soap away.

After applying and rinsing out the conditioner she stepped out of the shower wrapping herself in one of the warmed awaiting towels. While her hair dried in it's natural wavy mess she chose an outfit from her luggage and applied a simple make up.

'Not half bad', she muttered to herself looking at herself in the morrior not wearing Spanx for the first time in a long time. Seeing almost 90 minutes at gone by she tossed her phone and some essentials onto her clutch bag, slipped on some shoes and walked back into the main room.
Taylor sat on the couch with Anakin passed out on her lap wrapped into a blanket. She was watching hockey tapes.

"Wow Taylor you really are your brother's sister." Viviane laughed bending down next to the couch to check on her son.

"I guess. There's just this thing that's bothering me so I'm looking at some tapes how other goalies do it. No big deal."

"Let me just put Ani into his crib and I'll bring you his monitor. I'm just a little paranoid after reading a book about sudden infant death syndrome." Viviane explained and picked up the sleeping bundle.

"Ya sure. The milk is in the fridge and if anything happens I will call and you will be home as soon as the phone goes off I know. Sidney gave me at least three lectures during the day. He's really nervous about you two leaving him alone for the first time ever."

Viviane laughed. "Well okay then... I'll be back in minute."

When she laid Anakin into his crib he opened his eyes and stared at her with a confused expression.
"Go back to sleep baby. Every thing is fine." she cooed at him and turned on the monitor.

She walked back into the living room and saw Sidney standing behind the couch eyes trained on the tv screen giving Taylor tips.

"Every thing is set. I'd be ready I guess." she made her presence known before tossing the monitor towards Taylor.

"Okay fine let's go." Sid commented grabbing his coat from the back of the couch and ruffled through Taylor's hair who immediately swatted after his hand.
In silence they walked out of the room and into the elevator.
The mirrored wall felt cold against her bare shoulder blades and made her shiver.

"Are you okay now? If you're sick we can stay in." Sidney offered.

"I'm not sick and we're not staying in okay? The mirror is just cold and I'm a little sensitive. Stop."

The silence returned and stayed until they left the car at the restaurant Pascal and his wife had chosen for the night. Quite a bunch of guys and their significant others had found their way into the restaurant so they formed a rowdy loud group of about 20 people.
The dinner was fine and the atmosphere was great. Every now and then Viviane would check her phone but Taylor never called.
After a while she got a text message.

Meet me by my car in 5

Her eyes wided and her gaze flew to Sidney who sat next to her chatting with Jordan. Viviane laid her hand onto his shoulder, leaned down to his ears and whispered:

“I’ll be back in a few minutes.”

Sidney raised his hand to pause Jordan’s rant, raised his head to lock his gaze with her and smiled before covering her hand with his, letting his pinky fly over the rock he had put onto her fingers.

“Sure take your time.”

She smiled back, pulled her hand out of his and walked towards the restrooms with swinging hips.

“You sure are a lucky man.” Jordan muttered swatting his hand onto his captain’s thigh. ”How the hell did you land that girl?”

Sidney chuckled. “Sometimes I wonder that myself.”

------------

The fresh breeze of the summer night against her skin made her shiver.

“Hey there sexy.” Max smirked at her when he spun her around, pressed her against the cold metal of his car and his lips crashed against hers.

“Hi Maxy” she breathed back and leaned in again.

“You should get in again.” A few minutes later Max said panting for a breath. “Your husband may be looking for you.”

Viviane smiled at him: “How are my hair and clothing?”

“Perfect. Wait wait just this one strand.” He reached out twirled the strand around his finger and send a streak of soft kissed down her neck.

“MAX” she scolded him. “Stop. I should get back in.”

He let out a sigh, leaned against his car and mustered her. “Yeah get back in.”

She turned around and walked back in.

-------------

“There she comes.” Jordan nodded towards Viviane before answering Heather. Sidney turned around and smiled at his wife.

“Hey are you okay? I just wanted to send some girl to check on you.”

Viviane smiled at him, placed her hand back into his warm huge palms and answered.
“No I’m fine. I’m just a little nervous because of Ani.”

Sidney squeezed her hand and said: “Don’t be. Taylor is taking greatest care of him. But if you want to we can leave now. Would that make you feel better?”

She looked up and found his sparkling brown eyes on her. “That would be nice.”

“Okay.” He pulled her up, they bid good bye to everyone in the room and walked to the car in silence.

Max who had parked next to them was talking on the phone, waved once and turned away from him.
Sidney walked her to the passenger door, opened and closed it for her before getting around to his side. When they pulled out of the parking lot Sid turned on the radio while Viviane watched Max disappear in the side mirror.
♠ ♠ ♠
DON'T HATE ME. Like I said, this is a Sidney Crosby story, not a Max Talbot story. Wait and see :D

SO I couldn't give you credit in the last chapter so here it comes:
Thank you for being amazing and commenting on both chapter 49 and 50
Lee, Kendra, Kelly, Laiba and Tiff.

Thank you also very much
Zoe, Olivia, Alison, Katie, Lis and Cecilia