Status: Complete.

Keep Your Girl Out of My Shoe Cabinet, Your Wife

Chapter 7

Image

Taylor smiled at me one last time, grabbed her bouquet from Colby, who was Sid’s man of honor, shook her hips to straighten her dress and stepped aside. I sighed in defeat, took another breath and slid out of the car. My father and Colby both were smiling brightly. Carefully I set the train of my dress on the ground and Colby also handed me my bouquet. I shot him another smile and watched him and Taylor walk away.

“Are you ready?”, my father asked. “You know that it is not to punish you. You will thank us one day. It is just what is best for the both of you and the kid. Believe me. We all just want the best for you.”
I gave him a genuine smile: “I know dad. You guys might be right it is just… everyone else would be okay but then again it’s own fault so I guess I have to live with the misery we got ourselves in. Now let’s get this behind me and let’s make Taylor my sister.”

I linked my arm with his, took the flowers in my right hand and we started walking towards the backyard.
The sun was about to set and the sky was fairly red. Mom and Trina had done a great job. Flambeaux lead the way to the dock and at the end of the dock there now was a platform so it could hold all the people. Right there Sidney, Taylor, Colby and Max stood by the minister. On a small next stage next to the dock a band waited. As soon as we stepped into the backyard, Michael Bublé entered the stage and the band began to play “Crazy love”.
I can feel her heart beat from a thousand miles 

And the heavens open every time she smiles 

And I'm running to her, that's where I belong 

I'm running to her like a river's song


The long gras tickled against my ankle as we walked towards the deck. Crickets chirped somewhere and some birds sang. A soft summer breeze made the skin on my arms shiver and Sidney’s eyes were focused on his feet.

She's got a fine sense of humor when I'm feeling down 

And I'm running to her when the sun goes down 

She takes away my trouble, she takes away my grief 

She takes away my heartache and I go right to sleep


The photographer took some pictures as we got closer and closer. Michael Bublé’s soft voice filled the air and everyone rose from their seat.

Yes I need her, in the daytime 

Yes I need her, in the night 

Yes I want to throw my arms around her


The wood of the deck squeaked a little under each step we took. Sidney finally lifted his head and his brown orbs found mine. A smirk found its way to his face and the fire made it look like it reached his eyes.

Kiss her, hug her, and I kiss and hold her tight 

When I'm returning from a long day 

She give me some sweet lovin', it brightens up my day 

It makes me righteous, yes it makes me whole 

It makes me mellow down to my soul


We passed all our family members and stopped right in front of Sidney and the minister. Taylor took my bouquet and I faced Sidney. Dad blew a kiss on the back of my hand and then placed it into Sid’s.
The minister smiled at us and began with his speech. Before I knew he asked:
„Do you Sidney Patrick Crosby promise to love and cherish Vivian Elisabeth Laraque, in sickness and in health, for richer for poorer, for better for worse, and forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her, for so long as you both shall live?"

Sid looked me straight in the eyes and squeezed my hands slightly: „Otherwise I wouldn’t be here I guess.“ Then winked at me and zoomed out.

„And do you Vivian Elisabeth Laraque promise to love and cherish Sidney Patrick Crosby, in sickness and in health, for richer for poorer, for better for worse, and forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him, for so long as you both shall live?"

I looked at my mom who looked at me with pleading eyes. ‚No... not really’

„I do.“

„Mr. Crosby you may kiss your wife now.“

Sid opened his eye startled „What? Oh yeah“. He placed his hand on my right hip, pulled me in and gave me a short peck.

2 hours later the sun had finally set. Some friends from high school had found their way into the backyard, now about 30 people were cherishing the wedding cake and drinking wine. I had backed off a little and laid down on the gorgeous swing bed right by the lake overseeing the garden. Max was dancing with my mother, while Colby talked to Trina and my mother. Since his wife had stayed home with their son Cruise he had sworn himself off alcohol for the night. Everyone seemed to have a blast except for me. After a while my -now- husband came over and sat down and faced me.

„Hey what’s wrong. Don’t you want cake or something? You seem so off and you haven’t eaten all night.“

I weakly smiled at him, took his hand and put it on the really really tiny bumb.
„Do you feel that?“
He just nodded and his thumb slowly moved back and forth over it.

„When I smell the cake I feel sick. Plus I’m really tired, my ankles burn and my boobs feel like they are growing and growing and any movement of this dress hurts so badly.“

His gaze fell. „I’m sorry... we were stupid and now we are married and you feel like hell. I gave my mom the picture you once drew in school about what you imagined would bet he best day of your life. Remember?“

I looked at him surprise...

„I do...“

„I drew winning the Stanley Cup and you drew your wedding. I made them get the orchids and all because they always were your favourites.“

„Wow I can’t believe you remember that. Thank you... you didn’t need to.“

He smiled, took of his shoes and laid down next to me putting his arm around my waiste so I had to lay my head on his chest.

„No I didn’t need to. But I wanted. You were my best friend when we were kids and I figured since we boths didn’t want to get married and all but you will change your life the most, this day could be at least a little like you always wanted it to be like.“

„Thank you “, I mumbled, placing my hand of his abs, listening to his heartbeat and looking at the plain platinum wedding band that lay on my ring finger right along with the engagement ring.

“HEY KIDS….. THE PARTY ISN’T OVER YET!!!”

Max and Colby were standing left and right of the bed, smiling at us and Max started poking Sid.

“Stop that Tabo”, Sidney said.

“Geeez what’s wrong with you guys? This is your wedding, you are supposed to have fun and not lay around. You didn’t even have your first dance. You can lay around when you are back in Pittsburgh. Now come on dance and make some babies tonight.” Colby exclaimed.

“Guys listen… Viv isn’t feeling good right now okay? And we still have to fly in 2 hours so give us a minute.”

We stayed in the bed for a little longer, then we headed inside to change and drove to the airport…
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like this one.... let me now.... COMMENTS <3