Status: Complete.

Keep Your Girl Out of My Shoe Cabinet, Your Wife

Chapter 9

Image

Confused I stared at the front door closing behind Sidney and Becky. Did that really just happen? I couldn’t believe that Becky was on the Maldives while I was here on Honeymoon. Not that it was a love marriage but still she should have had some decency right? Upset I pulled my two suitcases into the walk in wardrobe and started to unpack them while a beautiful bird sat down on the palm tree in front of the window and began to sing.
What did I need my so called husband for? I was perfectly capable of having a good time on my own in paradise right?
After I finished unpacking, I changed into my favourite whitebikini, put on some goldenflats, chose a blue dress and caught my beloved brown Guess shades from the counter along with my key card and walked towards the beach. It was only in a short distance from the house so I could see it as soon as I left the house. Once at the beach I took of the flats, dipped my feet into the warm water and started walking along the beach. It was a really peaceful place just perfect to get your soul in peace and to regenerate. I made a mental note to thank our mothers when returning home. After a while I approached the spa and decided that a massage was just the right thing to help me relax. After signing up, I took of my dress and bikini, wrapped myself into a towel and lay down on the massage bench. A well built guy named Miusam introduced himself and began to knead my muscles between my shoulder blades and slowly made his way down. It was amazing and his hands truly did magic. I felt every muscle relax. The sound of the waves of the ocean underneath me and the sun rays tingling on my skin made everything even more perfect. For the first time in weeks I felt like everything was going to be okay.
An hour later I got dressed again, went back to the beach, took a seat on a sun chair, ordered an Ipanema –Caipirinha with Ginger Ale instead of Cachaca- and closed my eyes.
Since no one else was on the beach I had the peace to let my thought wander. Where was I going in this marriage? Sure we would be moving to Pittsburgh after returning from these vacations but then? Sidney would be working his job, coming home in between and then? Will Becky be there? Or was she just his “Nova Scotia Girl” and he has another one in Pittsburgh? How could I know that he wasn’t one of those guys that had a girl in each town he worked in? Considering he was an NHL player he worked in 30 cities. So did he have 30 “girlfriends”? Was Sidney a manwhore now?
The media didn’t portrait him as one but the media does not know everything. And when we were kids Sidney was really good with keeping secrets and hiding facts from others so I was well aware about what he was capeable of.
“Well well well who do we have here all alone in Paradise… if this isn’t my mean main girl Viviane.” A familiar voice pulled me put of my thoughts. I shielded my eyes from the sun before opening them and sitting up.

“Hey Courtney
.How are you?” I greeted the girl I have lived together with in Paris before she changed the agency and was forced to move to Milano.

“Just relaxing for a few days before working in Male. How about you? Last thing I heard was you sort of retired due to family reasons. What’s wrong?”

“Well first of my grand-father is really sick so I wanted to be closer to home and get to spend some more time with him. The doctors aren’t to confident about him recovering.”

“So you are on the Maldives in some multiple stars hotel to take care of your sick grandfather? I mean I know this hotel has a little hospital station but I don’t think that’s what you are talking about right?” She grinned widely, sitting down in the sand while brushing with her hand though her long red hair.

“Oh no. actually I’m on honeymoon. I got married recently and now we are here!”

“Wowowow what? You got married? To whom? Weren’t you the girl with the I don’t date policy? When did that happen?”

I laughed at her. I should get used to this now I guess. Many people would ask these questions soon right?

“Well he always was my best friend growing up. Sadly we spent a lot time apart since I was in Europe and he works in the states but we bonded really well so we decided to tie the knot and so we got married.”

“Awww this sounds so nice. Sandbox sweethearts… tell me all about it.”

I rolled my eyes at her and told her about the sunset ceremony on the deck in the backyard and how it was a really small setting with only our closest family and friends.

“Wow that is really romantic. Show me the ring…”
I held my hand out and she let out a squeal.
“That is a huuuuge rock…”

I smiled brightly: “It’s Tiffany’s.”

Courtney’s jaw dropped and she grapped my hand to exam it more closely.
“He must be loaded. This rock must have cost him a little fortune. I love it. Where is that hubby of yours anyways???”

‘Somewhere on this island going down on his girlfriend?’ I thought bitterly but changed it into: “He wasn’t really feeling like going to the beach. We left right after the reception, flew to London, did a quick 4 hour sightseeing before flying to Qatar and from Qatar here so we have been awake since days. Sleeping on planes isn’t really the greatest thing to do..”

We chatted for a little longer before we left. I went back to the house, took a quick swim in the awesome swimming pool and showered in the rainforest shower. Letting my hair dry in the sun what made them fall in large waves I applied some bronze nail polish onto my toe and fingernails. After letting it dry I picked a black and white tunic dress, black high heels and put them on. After applying some mascara I decided I was ready for dinner and walked to the Infinity Restaurant

A waitress led me to a table for two that featured my house number, decorated with flowers and candles, a champagne bottle and a band was playing nearby. I ordered a water sans gas and played a little with my ring while watching other couples talking to each others with love in their eyes and huge smiles on their faces. They were on vacation, honey moon or to renew their vows in Paradise and I was all alone.
A younger couple sat down on the table across the patio. After a second glance I realised it was Courtney with some guy I hadn’t seen before. At some point she turned her head and saw me. She waved and smiled at me. I smiled back and nodded.

“Still alone?” she mouthed. In defeat I nodded and tilted my head to the side before shrugging.

“What are you shrugging about my dear?” A deep voice behind me suddenly said. I turned around quickly and saw Sidney leaning against a palm tree behind me with one hand in a pocket of his washed out jeans. In the other hand he held a white orchid. His short sleeved, green white plaid button down underlined his tanned skin and made his brown green eyes pop out. I smiled slightly as he pushed himself off the palm tree and walked over before putting the flower in my hair and placing a kiss on my forehead.

“My mom says hi.” He added sitting down in front of me.

Irritated I leaned in, whispering the question that was burning on my tongue.
“What the hell are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be in some house here having fun with your girlfriend, while your child’s mother is spending her honey moon on her own?”

Sidney laughed and said: “Oh come on I would never leave my wife have dinner alone. Everyone would think I’m a bad husband and that I don’t love you.” Before adding silently : “Is it my fault that you did not bring anyone to have fun with? You know what I think about this whole thing and I think both Becky and I told you about how it is going to be. Just because I married you it does not need to mean that I will break up with her. Consider yourself as a Trophy wife.”
He leaned back, wave a waiter and ordered expensive champagne, seafood and a side salad… for two. That douche.
“you perfectly know that I can’t drink champagne and that I can’t eat seafood because I’m allergic?” I asked him with a risen eyebrow as soon as the waiter disappeared.

“Oh really?” he mocked. “My bad darling.” He took my hand with the ring from the table and kissed each ring once. “I’ll get you something else.”

On a second try he finally managed to order something I could eat without having my face swell like Will Smith in ‘Hitch, the date doctor’. While waiting for our food my phone vibrated

You could’ve told me that you married SIDNEY CROSBY. Wtf all Canadian dream wedding without media coverage? You could’ve sold it to some yellow press paper. They would have paid you good money for those pictures.-Court

I laughed at Courtney, looked over to her and winked.

Oh sweetie we had an awesome twitter coverage. That was just perfect for us. Believe me. I had enough cameras in my face for a life time

Yeah marrying posterboy makes your live so much easier and less exposed to the press and public attention right? ly

I shook my head at hear, locked the key pad and slid the phone back into my hand bag.

Sidney smiled at me, picking up the first giant tiger prawn and broke it in the middle to eat it. My stomach turned at the noise and smell.
“I had a fabulous day but I’m exhausted. What did you do today?” he asked. ‘Exhausted from relaxing I suppose’ I thought and rolled my eyes at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
You demand, I deliver.... 3 Chapters in 3 day... pretty good huh?
hope you like it.
comments???<3<3<3

tons of love and cookies for
BluesFan74
musiclovr101
Jamie...
bublbabie (twice ;))
kendra-rae
emmared FMT!
and finally
aqi112