Sequel: Reason to Live

I'm The Fox You've Been waiting For

Two

"So then what happened?" Paul Stanley asked, amused. He sat cross-legged on a table in torn jeans and a bright green t-shirt. A tiny smirk grew on his face when his friend took a deep breath before sighing.
"Her boss slammed the door in my face, and they drove off," Eric said with disappointment.
Paul laughed lightly. "Please don't tell me you chased their car down the street."
"No," Eric said shaking his head. "I couldn't out run a Mercedes," he smiled, seeing the humorous point of view.
"This always happens!" a voice from the corner of the room said loudly. Both men turned to see Vinnie Vincent looking up at them through scraggy, brown hair. He was so quiet that they forgot he was even there. Vinnie was often like that, tucked away in a corner brainstorming ideas. Ideas, that he believed, were the work of a genius.
"What do ya mean this always happens?" Eric asked.
"You get too attached to these women that you meet. You hope they might screw you, but you end up screwed over. Just forget about her," Vinnie said, not taking his eyes off the notepad that he wrote on.
Paul cracked up laughing and Eric glared at him. "Sorry," Paul smiled. "I just pictured you running down a road with your makeup on and your pants down."
"Reporters are bad news," Vinnie said, then smiled at Paul. Paul loved that joke.
"Stop laughing will ya?" Eric said, pushing Paul so that he almost fell off the table.
"Okay, okay. But you have to admit, Vinnie has a good point there. I mean, you remember the girl from Phoenix, don't you?"
"You said that you'd never bring that up!" Eric yelled.
"Woah, a girl from Phoenix?" Vinnie asked, intrigued. "Have I not heard this story?"
"She was cute, a little drunk, and she wanted to go back to Eric's room," Paul reminisced.
"Yes, that's all," Eric said quickly, trying to stop Paul.
"No, there's more," Paul said, then flashed a devilish smile. Eric just sighed, shaking his head. "Eric thought it would be a great idea to let her take some photos of him, to ya know, get things started."
"Oh," Vinnie laughed. "Are you talking about those bathtub pictures?"
"You've seen those!" Eric yelled, embarrassed.
"All of America has seen those pictures," Vinnie laughed.
"That was stupid, I know. But this is different. This girl, Marie, man she's somethin' else."
"It'll happened again," Vinnie said as he left the room.
"Don't listen to him, he thinks all women we meet on the road are groupies," Paul said encouragingly.
"That's exactly it, she's not a groupie. She a had a purpose to be there, other than getting with me. That, I guess she just couldn't resist," Eric joked. Paul smirked, nodding.
"So you really like her?"
"I... I didn't get a chance to know her. Argh, I just feel so bad that I put her job in jeopardy."
"There's nothing you can really do about it now, if she's gone," Paul said, scratching his head.
"Maybe there is," Eric smiled.

The following Friday night...

Marie pressed her face against the brightly illuminated fish tank. She needed something to entertain herself while she waited. It might as well have been a staring contest with an oversized goldfish. Her bright eyes widened as the fish swam towards the glass where her lips were in the process of leaving a pink mark on the glass. Marie smiled. Those that curiously watched her would never had thought that she was nervous, but she was. She would meet face to face with Eric Carr again, only this time, with a professional purpose.

He quietly tapped the decorative, sliver cutlery against the table. Just once. Then twice. Then once more. Before he knew it, he was drumming in a restaurant with a knife and fork. He utilized everything. Plates, napkins, salt & pepper shakers, the wine glasses became cymbals. It wasn't until threw his head back, that he saw through that wild, curly hair, the frosty glares from a couple a table over.
"Sorry," he apologized, shyly. It was then as he awkwardly glanced across the room, that he saw her standing in the light. Her petite body wore a little black dress, looking odd juxtaposed to her magnified face, appearing larger from the glass of the fish tank. She looked like a Cabbage Patch Kids doll. Eric thought it was cute.

She turned around, sensing that there was somebody behind her. Her eyes widened when she saw that her senses were right.
"At first I thought you were in the fish tank," Eric smiled, watching her closely.
"Oh my god," Marie gasped, brining her hands to her face. At first Eric was confused by her reaction, then realised a big difference in their meeting then, compared to the time before. Eric was "unmasked." "It's really you," she whispered. "I can't believe it's actually you."
"Woah, shhh", he said quietly, putting his fingers over her lips. She blushed madly. "These people don't know that I'm Eric Carr."
"Okay, your secret is safe with me," Marie winked. He thought she was insanely cute, and seeing him without his iconic makeup, Marie felt the same way about Eric. Eric laughed softly at Marie's comment.
"Our table is over here, c'mon, let's go," Eric said, gently picking up Marie's hand. Her entire body tingled with his touch.
When they reached the table, Marie paused, noticing that there were only two seats. "There you go madam," Eric said with a weird accent, pulling out a chair for her.
"Thank you," she whispered as she sat down, looking at Eric confused. Quietly she watched as he sat across from her. "So I assume that your manager won't be here?" Marie asked.
"Oh, no. He couldn't make it. Last minute emergency," Eric explained, smiling at Marie. The terms that Marie could be there were that Eric's manager was there. She was to arrange an interview, strictly on professional terms. But it was only her and Eric. The table was set for two. There were roses and candles. It was a date.
♠ ♠ ♠
Marie is the best friend in the whole, entire world!!!!!