To Have A Love Like This

Chapter Five

Sam POV

Sydney and I were crouched behind the couch. Just a few more steps and we would be seen in Erik’s line of view. Emily grabbed Scott from Erik’s arms. “Why is he crying?” he asked.

“Probably because I went to meet you guys at the door.” David had seen and his eyes widened. Sydney was dying to say something, but thought better of it.

“Let’s go get something to drink,” David said pushing Erik on the other side of the living room.

“But, isn’t it easier going that way?” Erik looked confused. He tried to come this way but David pushed him harder.

“Maybe I want you to guess what we changed in the hallway. You’ll never get it though, I just know it.” When they left I let out the breath I didn’t realize I was holding. Sydney scrambled from my side stretching her legs.

“I don’t like hiding mommy. I don’t want to do it again.” Emily put Scott down and he semi-walked to Sydney.

“That was close,” Emily murmured, which I nodded in agreement. Scott walked to me and started mumbling words; of course I couldn’t understand him. Sydney could though.

“He didn’t like it, mommy. He’s mad at you.” From the kitchen I heard David fall into a fit of a laughter and the slapping of skin. I looked at Emily.

“Go upstairs, to one of the rooms. When he leaves I’ll come up and show you where you and Sydney will be staying.” She ushered us to toward the steps. When we got there Sydney turned to me.

“Mommy, I want an explanation. Why did we have to hide from that man? Are we going to stay here? How long will we have to be here?” she kept ranting different questions but I stopped hearing her.

“Honey, look later on I will tell you everything. But for now I ask that you please don’t ask many questions. We are going to say here and we’re going to be here for about a month. Do you understand?” She nodded reluctantly. “Good, thank you. Now wait here until I get back from using the restroom, please?” I put her in a room two doors away from the restroom. She kissed me on the cheek before I left.

Erik POV

“Okay, I know I’m not going paranoid. I heard footsteps up there. You guys must be hiding something.” They both looked at me with blank looks. “Don’t give me that look.”

“Erik.” David put his hand on my arm in a comforting-mocking way. “Do you think you have been spending too much time at the Garage? You know, there are a lot of louds things in there. It is possible that your ears have damage and you might need a hearing aid.

“Very funny.” I smacked his arm away. “I am just fine.”

“Yet, you keep hearing things. I don’t think so. Maybe you should take a few days off. Stay at home and relax. We all know you need it.” The image came to my mind. My ‘home’ consists of a run-down apartment with very little walking space. My bed had no space between it and the floor, my drawer was crammed with overflowing clothes, the mirror I used was broken.

The rest of the apartment wasn’t any better. I still had the box TV with very few channels actually showing without static, my fridge was basically empty, the table I had only came with two chairs. I don’t even want to mention how dirty the floor was. David has tried to convince me to move back with Mom and Dad, but I refuse to listen. If he is able to sustain himself, then I can too.

“Hey, hey, hey Erik can you hear or see me?” David shook me.

“Yeah, sorry, I must have zoned out.” I shook my head to clear the thoughts.

“Dreaming about sleeping in late, huh?” he smirked turning to look in the fridge. Emily smiled lightly looking with him David.

“So, Erik, have you found a girlfriend,” Emily asked. I shrugged, going out wasn’t on my top to-do list. David smirked wider whispering something in her ear. In return she smacked his arm. They bantered back and forth.

“I’m going to use the restroom, be right back.” They didn’t hear me. I walked to the stairs. Right as I rounded the corner to the first step a little girl ran into me as she was running down. She looked at me with wide eyes. The same expression I had. “W-who are you,” I stammered.

“S-Sydney,” she answered.

“Where did you come from?”

“Well, my mom duh.” She had blonde hair with blue eyes. She looked around three or four years old.

“Who is your mom?” Her smile was wiped off her face. She looked up the stairs. My heart started to beat fast. I think I am going crazy.

“Sydney,” someone whispered/yelled. The voice sounds so damn familiar. It brought me back to…

Sam POV

When I got back to the room I didn’t find Sydney, I panicked. I looked all around the room. “Sydney,” I called. There was no answer. I walked to the stairs. When I got to the top my heart stopped.

Erik POV

Her. Her hair pooled around her shoulders, her mouth formed and ‘o’, her eyebrows scrunched up, and her eyes widened.

By the time I was able to observe her completely Emily and David realized I wasn’t there. They scrambled into the room. It was dead silent. Sydney went to Samantha’s side. Without saying anything Samantha turned away and left. I looked at both David and Emily. “When did she get here?” I had to clear my throat twice.

“About three days ago,” Emily answered quietly.

“Who is the little girl?”

“Her daughter. If you want to talk to her you can but I suggest not right now. I think maybe you should leave.” Emily started up the first step. I grabbed her arm.

“No, I want to talk to her tonight.” She shrugged it off, looking at me sharply.

“She’s not waiting on hand and foot for you. She has the right to not talk to you. And when I say it’s best that you leave I mean get out,” she snapped running up the steps. My hand fell to my side.

“Three years and she’s still protective of Sam.” I glanced at him.

“Don’t call her that, her name is Samantha.” He waved off my tone.

“No she doesn’t. She’s always gone by Sam.” I grabbed him by the shirt.

“Her name is Samantha and when I say call her that I mean it. How do you know she liked it?” He looked shocked. I realized what I was saying. I let go of his shirt heading to the door. “I’m not going to work tomorrow, tell Mike.” I practically ran to my car. I sat there for a few seconds before I left.

When I got to my apartment I turned on the light. Everything was a mess. I was feeling restless so I started picking up trash. When I was finished I still had energy. I finally decided to clean everything. As I made my bed my thoughts starting going in overdrive.

The sun shone in my eyes early in the morning. I stretched feeling incredible. A soft touch tickled my stomach. I looked beside me at Samantha. Her eyes still clouded with sleep. “Good morning, beautiful.” I put my arm around her waist dragging her to me. She giggled as hair went in her eyes. I put it around her ear lightly.

“Morning, babe.” She looked at me sighing in what I understood as content. I could feel her skin warm through my shirt. “How was your sleep?”

“Good, very good with you here next to me.” She giggled louder.

“I hope so considering I was your bed. You laid on me.” I could feel heat rising from my neck to my cheeks.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean. It’s just that the cushion from your tummy was so comfortable.” I grabbed her side teasingly. She faked a shocked look before bursting into laughter.

“You see this cushion? This is from having your daughter inside me for nine months.” I smiled proudly.


I stood straight up from the floor. What the hell was that? That little girl, Sydney I think, was my daughter? It couldn’t be, we only had sex that one time when…. Oh my God. I grabbed my keys and ran to my car. No matter what Emily said I was going to talk with Samantha.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys like it!!! I was excited about this one that I didn't start those yet. Pretty please comment! :D I want to know y'alls thoughts. I hope this one is longer than the one before.