Status: Updates might be slow... but please still read!!! =)

Link

Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Both mass and volume, extrinsic properties, depend on the quantity of a substance, so of course density, an intrinsic property, will be affected when the temperature also changes. Density is constant and proves as a character of the characteristic itself---

“Hey.”
Terrence looked up from his Chemistry assignment to find himself face to face with Jeremy Lincoln, one of the druggies in school. In response, Terrence raised his eyebrows.
“I think you’re sitting in my seat,” Jeremy slurred. From the smell of his breath and his bloodshot eyes, Terrence realized disgustedly that Jeremy had definitely gone to a party last night and had been drinking excessively that morning.
“If you weren’t so wasted right now, I would have considered why you were in Honors Chemistry if you couldn’t even remember where your seat was.” Terrence started to turn away back to his paper when Jeremy grabbed him by the neck. Since they were in the back of the room and the teacher was on his computer, this action went unnoticed except, of course, for the whole back of the room.
“What’d you say ta me Trent?”
Terrence, who was busy focusing on his breathing complication, didn’t reply.
“Listen. I don’t give a---”
“Hey! What’s going on over there?” Mr. McDerian stood from his computer and took off his glasses. “Jeremy, get your hands off Terrence! Get to the principal’s office right now. Austin, take this slip to the office with him. Thank you.”
As Jeremy grumbled something inaudible under his breath while he left the room with Austin, Mr. McDerian approached Terrence.
“You all right Terrence?”
“Yeah, I’m fine,” Terrence replied politely, flushing as the rest of the class turned to watch him.
“Everybody back to work,” his teacher concluded, and returned to his desk.

----Thus, through our experiment this week, our initial goal was to correctly measure and compute the density of----

“Are you sure you’re okay?”
Startled, Terrence looked up once again into deep hazel eyes.
“Yup. I’m fine. Uh, thanks Amanda,” he whispered. His writing hand was accumulating a thin layer of sweat as he smiled nervously at her.
“Did you see his face? He looked kind of drunk,” she told him, crinkling her nose and then smiling as Terrence cracked a grin. “I’d better get back to writing,” she shrugged, “but I’m glad you’re okay.”
“Thank you,” Terrence murmured, and as the bell rang, he almost ran into his classmate, Johnny, on his way out of the lab room.
“Whoa. What’s up with you, man?”
Terrence shook his head, but kept it turned so that Johnny couldn’t see his smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? ^.^ This chapter's for wavebird2010 for commenting, thanks!