Status: Active.

United Hearts

One.

It's been two weeks since my brother and I have moved in with my father. It was getting close to September which meant that they pre-season would be starting soon. So my father had this crazy idea of taking my brother and I to their pre-season banquet. I really didn't feel like going, but I was going to have meet his team soon right? I dressed up in a black and grey dress that was an inch above my knee caps. I put a black, three quarter sleeved sweater that was open so you could see the dress, and I put some flats on. On top of that I put a beaded necklaces on and my lucky ring. I straightened my hair and put on some makeup. I was going for the smokey look tonight. When I was done I met my brother and father in the car and drove off to our destination.

We arrived 20 minutes later at a small restaurant. There were hardly any cars there, so I was assuming that the Penguins just booked the whole restaurant, which I was right. When we walked in there was a bar, a dance floor and a huge table to where we were going to sit. Not everyone was there, but we sat down at the table where most of the people were sitting. I sat beside Sidney Crosby and my brother. 10 minutes went by, and mostly everyone was there. There was only 2 seats that weren't taken which was across from me and Crosby. The door slammed open-well it didn't slam, it was just really loud- and the giant Russian I had met earlier entered the room. He sat right across from me, still leaving that one empty seat across from Crosby.

"Hey, Geno! Where's Oksana? Can she not make it?" Sidney smiled at him. Evgeni looked down at the chair beside him and rolled his eyes.

"No, she busy. She think shopping better than event." He said in his broken English. He took a drink of the water that was placed in front of him and then he sat it back down, "She go shopping everyday. She no understand this event is important. She can go shopping whenever she want." He said in rage. His fist was clenched in balls.

"Sorry to hear about that, Geno. I know she goes shopping all the time, but I don't understand why she doesn't go to these events. It's like she's scared of us, eh?" Sidney laughed which caused Evgeni to scoff at him. "I'm sorry Geno. I was just trying to lighten the mood." I laughed, which caused both the men to look at me, "Well it worked for Miss. Kovalev." Sidney patted my shoulder. "Well, Geno. You know how women are. Stubborn as hell, what are you going to do about it, eh?" Sidney shook his head which caused many men at the table to laugh.

"How would you know, Kid! You never even had a girlfriend before." TK laughed.

"Nah, he only knows that because he is a chick!" Jordan Staal shoved Sidney's shoulder.

"Good one, man!" Max Talbot snorted.

"Just shut up guys!" Sidney rolled his eyes and hid his face in his menu. I loved these guys, they were so funny. They are probably the only reason why I liked living with my father. I looked over at him, he was talking to my brother. The look in my father's eyes was happiness. He was happy that my brother and I were living with him now. When he looks at me though, I don`t see happiness. I see dissapointment, which breaks my heart, but the whole break up between my parents broke my heart more which caused me to be on my mother`s side of this whole thing.

Dinner went by pretty smoothly I would say. Evgeni`s mood lightened up, which was a good thing I suppose. When dinner finished everyone either went to the bar or the dance floor. My father was with Mario Lemieux and Dan Blysma, and their sons and my brother were sitting at a table playing their psp's. I was just sitting there awkwardly at a table, because I barely knew any of these people. I heard someone clearing their throat. I turned around and I saw the giant Russian standing in front of me.

"Hi. We never really got to introduce each other earlier today." He said in Russian, "I'm Evgeni, but everyone calls me Geno." He stuck his hand out towards me. I hesitated to shake his hand or even answer, but I saw the look of determination in his eyes.

"I'm Alena, but most people call me Lena." I took his hand, and I felt electricity strike up my arm. "I'm sorry I was acting like a bitch earlier today. It's just I don't really get along with my father ever since the divorce."

"Oh, no problem. I was quite rude today, too. So, I'm sorry for what I did." We smiled at each other. There was probably about 45 seconds or even a minute before he spoke again. "Do you want to get a drink at the bar?" He asked. I nodded, and stood up. We walked towards the bar before I stopped halfway.

"What's the drinking age in America?" I asked him.

"Um.. 21. Why? You under?"

"Yeah... I'm 18. I am just the legal age in Russia." I looked down.

"Oh, well do you want water or a pepsi or something?" He asked, as we walked towards me.

"Um.. can I have something at the bar? It's not like my dad will know. We can tall him I am drinking water or Sprite. He won't know the difference. Please?" I looked at him threw my dark thick eyelashes.

"Uh.. yeah, sure. Vodka?"

"Yes, please." He walked away as I sat at the table I was before. Might as well not go up to the bar if i'm not 21. He returned with two drinks in his hands. He handed one to me, "Thanks." I took a sip out of my Lemon flavoured vodka. It was my favourite drink to drink.

"So.. how do you like Pittsburgh?" Evgeni cleared his throat.

"Um.. it's no Russia, I can tell you that." I laughed, "It's alright I guess. It took me a while to get used to Montreal when I moved there like 10 billion years ago, so it's probably going to take me a while to get used to here. It seems like a nice place and all but it's not my home. Although, there is something about this city that has a homely feeling to it, more than my town in Russia. I don't know what it is, though." I took another sip from my vodka.

"Yeah, I know what you mean. America isn't Russia, and it will never be Russia, but Pittsburgh is not my home, that's for sure. I know what you mean though, Russia will always be home, but there is something here that makes me feel like this is home. I haven`t really noticed it until you mentioned it, really."

"Well, that's good then, I guess." I smiled.

"So, do are you going to school, or do you have a job or something?" Evgeni asked.

"Well, we aren't really that sure yet, to be honest. My dad wanted me to go to some certain school, but I kinda refused." I told him,

"How come?!" he asked quite surprised.

"Well, you are just going to have to find out, are you?" I smirked at him which caused him to laugh. My attention then turned to the dance floor, the song "Hey Baby" by Pitbull was playing, and that was my favourite American song. I started tapping my foot on the ground, and Evgeni seemed to notice.

"Hey, do you wanna dance or something?" He asked.

"I'd love to! I love dancing!" I smiled. He grabbed my hand and lead me to the dance floor. I started to sing to the song, which caused him to grab my hips. We were dancing for quite the while. I noticed Sidney raising an eyebrow at us while he was talking to Kris Letang and Marc-Andre Fleury. I stuck my tongue out at him which caused him to rolled his eyes. A very confused Geno looked at me and Sidney which caused him to raise his eyebrow. I just smiled and shook my head. My father had left like 40 minutes ago, and he told Evgeni, to get me home safe and to keep an eye on me. So I guess this is his way to keep his eye on me.

The later the night went, the more drinks we consumed. It was about 2:30 when we decided to head home, except there was a problem. The problem was that I really didn't remember what had happened later after we left. I don't know if we went home, to Sidney's house or even to Canada. I was that drunk! So thanks for that night, I wake up in an unframiliar bed, which caused me to jump and smack someone in the head, and do you want to know who that person was? It was Evgeni. Evgeni Fucking Malkin. As soon as I smacked him in the face, he jolted awake and nearly fell off the bed.

"Sorry to awake you from your beauty sleep, bud, but do you happen to remember what we did last night?" I said quite rudely to him.

"What are you talking about?" he asked still half asleep.

"Well for one, we are laying in your bed. Two we are both butt naked, and three, we were both drunk last night! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THAT COULD MEAN!?!" I yelled.

"Shhh! Jesus, Alena. It's still the fucking morning, and I don't have a fucking clue what happened last night, and I don't give a fuck either!" He layed back down and tried to go back to sleep.

"Excuse me, Evgeni. What if we had, I don't know, sex! I'm only 18, and your 24. My father would kill me if he found out!"

"So?"

"So. SO?! What if I get pregnant or some sort of desease now! I'm only 18, Evgeni. I'm still practically a teenager!" I grabbed my clothes and started putting them back on.

"You will not get a desease, and I know for sure you will not get pregnant. Also I-" Evgeni got cut off by a knock on the door- more like pounding on the door.

"Hey Geno, you up? Have you seen Alena? I can't find her!" My father yelled. My fucking father was at the door. Can you spell busted?

"Uh..." Evgeni jumped up from the bed and started to put his boxers and pj bottoms on, "JUST A MINUTE!" he yelled. He got up and looked at me, "What do you think you are doing? Hide!" he whispered.

"HIDE? WHERE THE FUCK AM I GOING TO HIDE?!" I whipsered-yelled at him.

"Just hide, and be quiet!" He said back. I was actually quite surprised my father couldn't hear that, to be honest. I couldn't think of a spot to hide very fast, so I just rolled under his bed. It was disgusting under there. There were condoms, a red lacy thong, and just garbage in general. I just wanted to throw up. I could hear Evgeni and my father talking, so I just prayed nothing bad would happen. I heard the door close and I heard Evgeni going through his drawers. I rolled out from under his bed. "He think you're in bathroom taking shower." He said to me in English, "I take a shower now. Sorry for this morning." He grabbed his clothes and a towel, and then walked into the bathroom that was connected to his room. I peered from out of his door that lead to the hallway, and I ran to my room. I closed the door and locked it.

I sat on my bed. I was still pretty tired. So I decided to go back to sleep for a little while. I was glad to be back in my bed, but being the worrier I am, I kept thinking about something else. I kept thinking about me being pregnant. Why you must ask? Well, I have really bad anxiety, so I tend to think of the situations all the time. I guess I was going to have to wait and see in a couple of weeks if I am pregnant or not, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry, that I really haven't been posting lately. I just have been really busy with school, but since it's March Break for me, I may be posting more this week. So, fingers crossed! Comments would be nice:)