Status: Active.

United Hearts

Two.

Ever since that day happened, I haven't really been talking to Evgeni. Sure, I'd see him around the house, but it was awkward being around him. The real reason why I didn't really want to talk to him was because I was scared if I was really pregnant. So I've been pretty much avoiding him for 3 weeks. Well, I wouldn't just say that was avoiding him, because he was practically avoiding me too. I've got the real reason to avoid him, right? Anyways, I don't really want to hang around a guy who is grumpy all the time about his girlfriend. Speaking of his girlfriend, I haven't even seen her around the house once. Some girlfriend I would say.

I was in my room with Mario Lemieux's daughter, Lauren, who was just a year younger than me. We have came pretty close friends after I attended one of my father's hockey games. We have been close ever since. She was practically my only friend in Pittsburgh, but I was starting to get close to Sidney Crosby-in a friend way. I didn't tell Sidney my secrets like I told Lauren, though. So that's why I was telling her my recent situation.

"Well, there is only one way to solve this. Get a pregnancy test." Lauren said.

"But, what if I am not even pregnant! I'm probably not, so I really shouldn't have to worry."

"Lena, your period is late, you had sex that could had been unprotected, and you get sick. Doesn't that sound like you could be pregnant?" She was right, but I couldn't believe her. I guess you could say, I didn't want t believe her.

I shook my head, "Maybe I'm getting a virus or something. It's possible you know, getting sick and not get my period. There's probably a lot of people who get this kind of things, you know. So, I'm not the first person! See, I'm not pregnant, just something else. I think we-" I got cut off by Lauren.

"Lena, shut up! You do not have a virus, okay!"

"You never know..." I stated.

"Okay, let's just go to the drug store and get a test, just in case. You never know, Lena. This could change your life, so we better try and find out early." Lauren hugged me and I nodded. We grabbed our things and headed out my bedroom door.

"Dad, we are going to the mall!" I yelled in Russian. He nodded and we bolted out the door waiting patiently to see what my future holds.

"I can't believe it." I ran my hand through my hair as I looked at the test, "I can't fucking believe it!" I cursed. This wasn't something that 18 year olds are supposed to plan. 18 year olds were supposed to go to college, move out of their parent's homes, go to parties, and getting jobs. Getting knocked up wasn't part of my plan, at all.

"Alena, it's going to be alright. Maybe Geno will understand, you know. If not, there are plenty other things you could do. You can get an abortion, give the baby up for adoption, or you can even raise it yourself. This is completely normal." Lauren tried to comfort me.

"Lauren, this isn't normal. What teenager wants to have a baby? You see what happens to them all the time. They end up living a shitty life while all their friends do what they want, and they go to school and get an education. This just pretty much puts my life on hold!"

"Well, you can get an abortion. A lot of people do that."

"I'm not getting an abortion. I'm not the kind of person who wants to kill a person. That isn't right, you know." I said as I sat on my bed.

"Well, what are you going to do then?" She asked, sitting beside me.

"I'm going to raise my baby." I said.

"Are you going to tell him?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" I said with a confused look on my face.

"Are you going to tell Geno that you are pregnant with his baby? That's what I mean." She looked at me.

"Well, I guess I am going to have to."

"Atta be. Do you want me to come with you to tell him.?" She asked.

"No, I want to do this myself."

"Okay, call me about it after. I wanna hear everything that happened." She hugged me and left. I sat on my bed looking down at the floor. I couldn't believe I was going to do this. I took a few deep breaths and forced myself up on my feet. I opened my door and walked down the hall way until I reached his bedroom door. His door was halfway open so I just let myself in, looking at the floor the entire time.

"Evgeni, I have to tell you something. I-" I looked up to see Evgeni all cuddled up with Oksana. She was beautiful, I guess you could say. She lived up to be one of the Russian stereotypes of being a beautiful woman. The problem was, she looked totally fake. She looked at my with those evil eyes. I was taken back, actually. What did I ever do to her? Well I had sex with her boyfriend. Did she know that? Not that I know of.

"Oksana, this is Alena, Alexei's daughter. Alena, this is Oksana, my girlfriend." Evgeni said in Russian, looking down at the floor.

"Uh.. hi." I said, looking at the two of them. Oksana just nodded her head and smirked. She kissed Evgeni's ear, then looked back at me. "Listen, I'll just go." I said turning around until Evgeni said something.

"Wait! What did you want to tell me?" He asked.

"It's not that important anymore." I said quietly as I headed out his door. As I left his room I could hear Oksana say she needed to go to the washroom. I was halfway to my room when I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around to see a very angry Oksana.

"Look, bitch. I don't know who you think you are, but Evgeni is mine. Not yours, mine. You got it. I don't want to see you near him or even talk to him. If I see you do so, that will make a very angry Oksana, and do you know what that means? It means, bye, bye, Alena," She wave, "So stay away from him." She slapped me across the face and spit at my feet. Did that just really happen? She skipped back to Evgeni's room and shut the door. I ran to my room and hid under the covers. My face leaving a trace of tears. This was now the time to call Lauren about the events that just happened. I told her everything that happened and she was totally shocked.

"Oksana, did that? Seriously, that stupid bitch! When I met her, she just gave me the cold shoulder, but she didn't act that insane!" She yelled into the phone.

"She's just scared that I am going to steal her boyfriend." I cried into the phone.

"Look, come over, Lena. Sleep here tonight. We can do girl stuff and just forget about everything that happened today." Lauren said.

"Okay, I'll just grab my things. I'll be over soon." I said nearly hanging up.

"Oh, wait! You may wanna hurry. We are apparently getting a huge snow storm coming out way. So just come here as fast as you can so you don't get caught in it." Lauren warned me.

"Okay, I'll see you later, bye." We both hung up. I hurried into my closet and into the bathroom as I got my things ready for the night. When i was done, I just left not caring what my dad had to say. I climbed into white BMW my dad got me, and I headed down the road. As I was driving over to the Lemieux household, the weather was getting crazy. There was huge winds, sleet, snow, ice pellets, you know, all that crap that makes the buses cancelled on snow days. I was started getting nervous, I couldn't see the road very clear, and I had no clue where I was going. The last thing I remember where bright lights and a horn. Then everything all went black...

I woke up later that night with my father, brother, Lauren, Mario, Sidney and Evgeni all by my side. I had a pounding head ache, and every part of my body was throbbing. I looked up at everyone which caused my brother to come up and hug me, "Ow, ow, ow!" I said.

"Oh, careful, bud." Mario said.

"How did I get here?" I said in Russian.

"You got in an accident," My father replied, "You're lucky, Lena. You could have been killed. At least the car got killed and not yourself." He kissed me on the forehead, trying to be funny. I laughed sarcastically at him which made him, i don't know, sad, or maybe disapointed that I embarassed him like that? I don't know.

"Do you know what's wrong with me yet?" I asked in English.

"No, not yet. The doctor just let us in here." Lauren said, smiling. Just as she finished saying that the doctor came in. He took a seat next to me as he held a clip board and a blue pen.

"Miss Kovalev, how are you feeling?" he asked

"I have a head ache, and it seems like everything in my body is in pain." I said. The doctor smiled at me.

"Well, I think you would be sore after that accident," He laughed, then started getting serious, "Well it appears that you have broken a few ribes, and your ankle is broken. Which is good, surprisenly. Your body will feel sore for the next couple weeks, okay. So that's pretty much the bad news."

"Thanks doctor." My father said with a smile.

"Okay, on to the good news," the doctor paused and looked at his clipboard, "One of your lungs were caving in so we got to it right on time and saved it. We also noticed that your heart beat started slowing down, so we fixed that too. So I think that's pretty much everything.." The doctor stood up flipping through his pages that were clipped to the clip board, "Oh, it also seems that your baby is fine. So congradualtions on that!" The doctor smiled, and walked out. Me and Lauren locked eyes waiting to see if they noticed, which the definatly did.

"Wait, did the doctor just say she was pregnant?" Mario asked.

"That's what I heard." My brother said, playing his psp.

"Lena, is there something your not telling me?" My father asked.

"Well she-" Lauren got cut of by my father.

"I'm not asking you, Lauren. I am asking Alena." He looked at me as he crossed his arms, "Well?"

I took a few breaths and looked down, "I am."

"Alena Alexia Kovalev! How could you be so clueless! What teenagers want to have a kid?" He paused throwing his hands in the air, "Okay, who is it?" He replied in Russian, "Obviously your mother wasn't taking good care of you back in Russia. Which Russian boy got you pregnant?" He looked at me with pure disgust.

"Um.. that one." I pointed at Evgeni. My father looked at Evgeni, then me, then Evgeni, then me, then Evgeni, then me, and then he fainted. Mario caught him and sat him in the chair as he called one of the nurses in. Lauren was just sitting awkwardly in the chair looking at the ground, and my brother was still playing his psp. I looked over to where Evgeni was sitting and he was gone, no where to be seen. He left. All of this impact made me faint as well. Nice to know my father and I are both light headed people. Today was such a great day, nice to know what my future will look like.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here is chapter two. It's awful, I know, but this was the best thing I could think of. So enjoy, i guess, lol. Comments? (: