Status: active, hopefully? (:

Your Parachute

" my breath caught in my throat as I realized how stupid I was being. "

Jordan smiled to himself as he watched Jenny sleep. Her lips were turned up slightly, making her look peaceful and beautiful. Jordan reached out and let his fingertips graze her soft hair before slowly retracting his hand again. Sidney looked back at his team mate and best friend sitting together in the back seat and chuckled lightly.

"She's really got you under some spell, eh?" he asked with a small smile as he looked back at the road. Jordan smiled slowly.

"Yeah, she's something," he half-whispered. Sidney's face turned serious.

"She's special, Jord. I love her and I don't want her hurt," Sidney cautioned. Jordan opened his mouth to protest but Sid cut him off before he could. "I know you would never purposely hurt her, Jordan. But she's sensitive and too trusting and.... Just be careful, okay? If you're gonna be with her just be extra careful."

"I will, Sid," Jordan responded quickly, gazing down at the girl cuddled into him. She nuzzled further into his chest and he smiled softly.

The rest of the ride was pretty silent. Jordan would occasionally dare to let his fingers graze her face or her hair, but for the most part he just watched her sleep. Sidney drove on, smiling to himself. He knew his friend was in safe hands. When they got to Sid's apartment building Jordan lightly shook Jenny awake.

"We're here?" she verified sleepily, yawning. Jordan chuckled lightly.

"Home sweet home," he said. Jenny flashed him a happy smile as he helped her out of the car. Then she surprised him by throwing her arms around his neck and squeezing as tight as she could.

"I love you, Staal," she said quietly. Jordan's heart stuttered at the words, but he knew she meant them in a friendly manner. He squeezed the petite brunette back, lifting her off the ground and holding her bridal style, just like the first time they met.

"Love you too, J," he murmured. She smiled up at him and kissed his cheek, cuddling into his warm chest.

If only I could tell her that I really love her, Jordan thought to himself.

If only he knew I meant more than friends, Jenny thought to herself.

Image


"Oh, you have got to be joking me," I said with a groan. I had just entered the kitchen to be met with the sight of 9 hockey players shoveling food into their mouths. Never seen something like this? Let me just tell you, it is nasty.

"Hey, J," Jordan said, his mouth full of omelet. It sounded more like 'agh aye'. How attractive. Oh, who am I kidding, anything on him is attractive. I merely rolled my eyes in response though, hiding my smile.

"Hey guys," I said in greeting to everyone. Everyone being Jord(obviously), Sid, Kris Letang, Evgeni Malkin, Max Talbot, Chris Kunitz, James Neal, Marc-Andre Fleury, and Tyler Kennedy. They all nodded back.

I made my own breakfast and sat down at the crowded table, just content listening to the guys all laugh and joke around. I had sat down in between Marc-Andre and T.K., across from Jord. Obviously, Jordan being Jordan, he had to try to play footsie with me under the table. Didn't quite turn out like he'd hoped though....

"Jesus, Staalsy, keep your nasty feet to yourself," Marc said, cracking up. Jordan flushed red, much to my pleasure, and muttered something unintelligent. I giggled.

"It's okay, Jord. Your crush on Marc wasn't any secret. Even Vero knows," I said, still giggling. Jordan scowled, telling me to shut up. But he struggled to hide the smile that begged to come out.

I sighed to myself in happiness. Everything was okay. Me and Jordan were okay. But.... why couldn't he see I wanted him so much more than this? I wanted all of him. I loved him. I stared at him, smiling slightly as his blue eyes seemed to light up and his dorky smile started the fireworks in my stomach. My breath caught in my throat as I realized how stupid I was being.

He could never want me.
♠ ♠ ♠
AHHH, next chapter, feelings come out! woot woot! Could they finalllyyyy start something offishh?! FINGERS CROSSEDDD! <3
-Jenny