Status: Active

Let Me Build You a Castle

Planning

"So, What's or next step?" asked Castle looking round, still smiling as Esposito and Ryan scuttled away to the break room "well first of all I have a quick question" said Beckett as her gleeful smile faded to make way for a only a small smirk as she grew a little serious, "fire away oh powerful leader" joked Castle patronizing her sightly, "why the hell were you staring at my ass in there?" asked Beckett gesturing towards the interrogation room the two had just left, "what do you mean?" he asked puzzled at her question, "you were watching my ass the whole time we were in there with everyone" she replied crossing her arms over her body and raising her eyebrows showing she meant business. "I was not, I was looking at you face" said Castle defensively "yeah my butt face" muttered Beckett under her breath "what was that miss Beckett?" asked Castle like a teacher who had caught a pupil talking in class, "of of course you were that's all I said" said Beckett sarcastically "good so anyway what's our game plan here?" asked Castle sceptical. "I think we need to approach this like these two are criminals so we have two options, one we could put them together and say that the ticklish twins told us everything but they might catch me lying" said Beckett "because you have a naff poker face?" said Castle almost as if a question, "NO because I've worked with Montgomery since I started at the precinct and Lanie is well my best friend she can spot me lying from a million miles away" said Beckett defeated "so what's option number two?" asked Castle with a smile. "Well we could just corner Lanie in her morgue" said Beckett smiling a mischievous smile "why Laine and not Montgomery?" asked Castle "well because Lanie will crack easier and she can't fire me" teased Beckett "nice I do like the way your mind works Katherine" said Castle smiling brightly at her "why thank you Richard" she joked before putting a hand on his arm, looking deep in to her eyes and asked "are you ready for this?", he placed his hand on her's and replied "oh I was born ready" he teased,"I hope so" she teased. The two they almost skipped to the car park below the precinct, "ok Castle you go get in the car I just need to talk to Doug on the gates" said Beckett handing Castle her car keys with a smile, "does this mean I can drive?" he asked hopefully "no" she called as she wandered over to the booth that sat at the access point to the lot. She knock on the glass panel to get the attention of the young man behind it, he jumped but then smiled when he saw Beckett because to be honest he thought she was hot then who wouldn't, even Castle the man Beckett spent most of her time with was jealous of the flirtatious way she would pass Doug or as she calls him Dougie her access card, "Hey Dougie" said Beckett with a smooth and silky tone, "D-detective Beckett ma'am" said Dougie nervously as he stepped from his booth, "Dougie I've told you before it's Kate now I have a question I would like to ask you" she said again in that almost hypnotic tone "yes Kate" said Dougie straightening his tie and shirt "well did Lanie Parish the M.E come through not long ago?" she asked twirling a section of her hair round her finger flirtatiously "yeah" nodded Dougie with a wide smile. "Thank" said Beckett with a smile for the young man before walking towards her car, she could feel his eyes watching her as she walked, and she kinda like the thought of a man a good ten years younger than here taking such an interest in her. Once in side the car and belted up Castle turned to her and said "I'm not even going to ask what that was about" Beckett smiled "I still wish you let me drive" he added "never, my badge my car" she said as she pulled away. "You are so like Teresa Lisbon" said Castle under his breath "and your like Patrick Jane now stop complaining" said Beckett "why thank you but I am better looking than Simon Baker" he joked "you wish" said Beckett "just for the record Robin Tunney is hotter than you" said Castle. "Oh we're playing this game now" she said teasing "no no ok you're hotter than Robin Tunney" said Castle quickly "ha no I'm not and Simon Baker well you two are about equal" teased Beckett as they drove to the morgue "I'll take that as a compliment" said Castle before turning on the radio to hear "You Talk to Much" the Two sang to every song on the radio until they reached the morgue.
♠ ♠ ♠
McFly and The Mentalist references lol hope its ok
fellow reader note: ive left it so you can write the scene where they corner Lanie if that's where you wanna take it