Gorgeous Nightmare

I've got another confession to make.

I grabbed my hoodie and iPod, preparing for a night in the woods.
Just like every other night.
Nobody would care enough to check on me. My mother died when I was four, and my father was always away on "business." So, the woods became my home.
And the wolves became my best friends.
There's five of them. Since they don't make an attempt to hurt me, I take food and blankets to them, which they take graciously. One of them always sticks around longer than the rest. I call him Green Eyes.
Tonight, however, I didn't have any food, and I hadn't gotten the opportunity to grab a blanket. I doubted they needed any more, though. It was late April and the weather was beginning to warm up.
I let my feet carry me to the edge of my yard, then into the forest.
The leaves were beginning to bud on the trees, and I smiled, knowing soon it would be full of life. The dullness of the winter months would fade away, bringing bright colors and plenty of chatter among the creatures. Sometimes, I wished I could be one of those creatures. Living so peacefully in a world without judgement.
A twig snapped next to me. I looked, seeing one of the wolves approaching me.
"Hi there, buddy," I cooed, crouching down so I was level with him. He came closer and nuzzled his nose into my hand. I scratched his head. He liked this, so he sat down. This was the one I liked to call Shorty, because he was so much smaller than the others.
Another wolf made his presence known, coming from behind a large tree. It was Shadow, as I called him, the "leader" of their pack. He jogged over and laid down next to Shorty. He looked at me expectantly.
"You get everything you want, don't you?" I asked, but proceeded to scratch his head anyway. He grunted in reply.
Two wolves bounded towards me, fighting playfully. I didn't have names for them, but one was dark brown while the other was slightly larger and light brown. It was easy to tell that they were good friends. They plopped down behind Shadow and Shorty, panting heavily.
"Hey, where's Green Eyes?"
Shadow looked down, shaking his head.
"What, boy? Where's he at?"
Shadow exhaled loudly. The others looked behind me. I turned around, too, curious as to what they were looking at.
There was a guy there.
He wasn't just a guy, though. He was attractive, and had eyes relative to my wolf's.
"Hey," he said.
"Uhm, hi," I replied shyly, brushing my bangs behind my ears. Me + hot guy = absolute disaster.
He sat down next to me, kicking off his Nikes and black socks. "Hi, buddy." He ran his hand along Shadow's back. Shadow released a sound that resembled a chuckle.
"So, how come I've never seen you out here?" I asked, trying to break the silence.
"I'm visiting. I always come out here for three months of the year."
"And what brings you to the woods?"
He shrugged. "I feel like I belong out here, you know?"
I nodded. I knew exactly what he meant.
"What about you?"
"Same as you. It feels right. Plus, I don't really have anybody to go home to. Sometimes I wish I was like the boys here," I said, gesturing to the wolves surrounding me. "I'd be free."
"Why don't you have anybody at home, if you don't mind me asking."
"My mom died when I was four," I shrugged. "Dad's away on business all the time. He thinks I'm at a friend's house or something when I'm not at home."
He hugged me. It was weird, but it felt good. I felt safe in his arms, like I was finally home. When he pulled away, I was disappointed.
"I'm sorry, I just-"
"Don't worry about it. Sometimes you just need a hug. Thanks for that."
He nodded and smiled.
"Uh, I gotta go," he said suddenly. The wolves were alert now, as well, and were starting to sniff around.
"Oh, okay. Uh, I'll see you around?"
He smiled again. "Yeah, I'd like that."
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, my new story. I really like the way this one's turned out, and I couldn't wait until Remenissions was finished to start posting it. Sorry guise. I hope you like, and I hope this holds you over until I can update Remenissions again.
So, I'm looking for girlfriends for Matt, Brian, Jimmy, and Johnny. Interested? Comment with your name and I'll include you in the next chapter.
xx