Gorgeous Nightmare

Old habits never seem to go away.

It was around three in the morning when Zack shook me awake.
"Jerrica, hun, Kristy woke up."
I smiled. This was good, I guess.
Zack took my hand and led me down to the den and into a small room beside the bathroom. There were no lights on, but a single candle burned brightly in the back corner. As soon as we stepped inside, a growl rumbled through the room.
"It's okay, Kristy. It's just me and Jerrica."
She stopped growling and Zack turned on the light. She hid her eyes under her paws and whimpered lightly. "Sorry," Zack mumbled. He pulled me into the room and closed the door.
I gasped at Kristy. Her coat was a beautiful shade of light brown with white in there, as well. I walked over cautiously. She looked at me with curious eyes. I slowly stroked her back. She laid down at my feet.
"Does she understand me?"
Zack laughed as Kristy exhaled loudly. "I always understood you when we talked, so why wouldn't she? And she told me to call you a moron for that."
I laughed, as well. I didn't really know Kristy before, but I guess I felt a bond with any wolf.
Kristy nuzzled her head further into my hand and sighed. I scratched her snout.
"She said thanks. It itched and she didn't how to reach it."
I smiled at her. Brian walked in the room.
"Hey baby," he murmured, taking a few quick strides to reach his mate. Kristy jumped up and stood at his feet. Brian then transformed into a wolf. I'm not sure that'd ever be normal to watch. The two laid down together and cuddled.
Zack took my arm. "C'mon, let them have their moment." We went back up to his room.
"They're so cute together," I mumbled as I collapsed on the bed. Zack fell right next to me and gave me a loving look.
"Yeah, they are."
"Why does she have to stay in that room?"
"Because if she smells meat, she will go after it. And with all the humans in the house, breakfast would be a disaster. Usually new wolves will go after flesh, too, but she hasn't gone after any of us in our human form."
I nodded and put my face in my pillow. I just wanted to get some sleep.
"Why are you so curious about all of this?"
I picked my head up and looked at him. "Because that'll be me one day."
This made him smile. "I'm glad you think so," he murmured, leaning over to plant a kiss on my forehead. He was just too damn cute for his own good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short. I couldn't just let Kristy stay like that for long. Besides, this makes things go a bit quicker.
You guys are subscribing like crazy, and yet I have one regular commenter. Could you bump that up to like, three?
Thanks Violent.Delight, your comments keep me writing. :D