Gorgeous Nightmare

You make me feel brand new, yeah.

I awoke around eight. Since Zack was still sleeping, I grabbed my iPod and headed out onto the deck. "Just Want You to Know" by the Backstreet Boys started playing. I hummed along.
"Is that what I think it is?"
I jumped at JuliAnna's voice. I ripped my left earbud out.
"If you think it's the Backstreet Boys, then you're thinking correctly."
She laughed. "I used to love them. After Incomplete I just lost interest. I mean, who the hell is New Kids on the Backstreet Boys? They totally oversold that one."
I couldn't help but smile. "Yeah, it's ridiculous."
"Can I see it?" she asked, motioning to my iPod. I nodded and handed it to her.
"Hmm, Matchbox Twenty and Rob Thomas? I think somebody's obsessed."
I turned a shade of pink. "Yeah, Matchbox Twenty is my favorite band. And Rob Thomas is just amazing."
"I can't argue that one. You've got some good music on here," she said, setting it on the railing and pulling out a pack of cigarettes.
"You want one?"
I shook my head.
"You ever have one?"
Once again, I shook my head.
She held out her cancer stick. "Try it. It's not that bad."
Cautiously, I took the lit Newport and held it to my lips.
"Now breathe in, but don't swallow. Let it in, then exhale."
I did as she said and found myself coughing up my left lung. This only caused her to laugh.
"You get used to it." She brought the cigarette to her lips and repeated my actions, minus the coughing. "See? Easy peasy."
I smiled. "If you say so."
"So, how are you and Zack?"
I blushed. "We're good."
"Have you talked about turning yet?"
I licked over my lips. "Uh, yeah, actually. I wanna do it."
"That's good. Maybe in your immortality you'll get good at smoking."
We both laughed. I took her cigarette and tried again. This time, I didn't come close to dying.
"Now, was that so hard?"
"No, not at all. Great, now I have to get a job to afford these damn things."
Her eyes widened. "You just cursed! Oh my God!"
I only laughed. "Yeah, I tend to do that sometimes. You guys aren't exactly the best influences anyways."
"I take offense to that! I try not to curse. Jimmy wore off on me, though."
"Zack's doing the same to me. I - I really love him, Jule."
"He's your mate. You're going to. You're going to love him and you're going to want to be with him all the time for the rest of your life. It's just how it works. I cannot even begin to describe how much I love Jimmy."
I nodded. "I know exactly what you mean."
The door swung open, revealing Zack standing there in his boxers with his hair all messed up. He came over to me and wrapped his arms around me.
"Hi baby. I was sad that you weren't next to me when I woke up."
"Awwh! I'll leave you two alone," JuliAnna said with a smile.
Once we were alone, Zack kissed me. It was slow and simple at first, but it quickly turned into something much more than that.
"Hey man, we - oh, sorry. I'll just head back in..."
We both turned to see a blushing Brian backing up slowly and shutting the door. We laughed.
"Well, that ruined the moment," he said, resting his forehead against mine.
"I agree. But it was nice while it lasted."
"Hopefully there will be plenty more where that came from."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry sorry sorry sorry. I have a LOT of excuses. But for now, all you need to know is that I'm on my dad's laptop right now. I don't have my own computer at the moment, so if I update, cherish it with all your heart, because it'll be rare until I do get enough money to buy a new laptop.
The amount of comments that I got in my absence was ridiculous. And I thank you for them. It really inspired me to write this in a notebook just to get something out. I love you guys. <3
Comment/subscribe? I'd love you forever.