Gorgeous Nightmare

I feel so alive, I feel so alive.

"Do you want to be changed?"
We were sitting in Zack's our bedroom.
I took a deep breath. "I think so."
"You have to be 100% completely positive about this, Jer. Once I bite you, I can't take it back."
"Yes, Zack, I want to be changed," I said, this time making sure I sounded as sure as possible.
He gave me a sad smile and squeezed my hand. "I'll tell the others."
I reclined on the bed, my head against the headboard. How did this work? What would I look like? Did it hurt? What about just shifting once I'm actually bitten?
Zack came back. "Matt said we can wait until tomorrow if you want, but we can't hold it off much longer."
"Can we do it tonight? Like, right now?"
He sighed. "If you really want to."
I nodded. "Bite me, bitch."
He chuckled. "That should be my line."
He laid next to me. "I'm going to shift, then bite your neck to make it sure it hits your bloodstream fast enough. You'll probably pass out from the pain, but when you wake up, you'll be a wolf. I have to tell you that there is a chance that you won't survive this. Have I told you how much I love you?"
I shook my head, tears pooling in my eyes. "Not yet."
"Well I love you so much, baby. Don't forget that."
"I won't. I love you too."
"This is gonna hurt," he mumbled before leaving over to my neck. I shifted my head and pressed my lips to his. He pulled away breathless.
"No, I have to do this, baby."
He stood up and turned around, undressing. As soon as he stripped, he shifted. Before I knew it, his teeth were on my neck. A searing pain shot through my body. "It's gonna be okay," Zack cooed. I hadn't noticed him shift back. I let out an ear piercing scream.
"Make it stop, Zack, please," I cried out. My bones started to crack and the next thing I knew I was a forest with somebody I never thought I'd see again.
"Mom?"
The figure nodded and engulfed me in a hug. "It's me, dear. It's me."
I couldn't stop crying. "I missed you so much, Mom. Why am I here?"
"I've missed you too, baby. But you're mating with that boy. You're on the bridge between life and death because you're becoming immortal like him. After this, I won't see you again. I know this is the right choice. That boy loves you like no other, and he will give you what I never could, and more."
Her image started to fade. "No, where are you going?"
She smiled sadly. "You're going back, I love you, Jerrica. Always remember that."
I woke up laying no the bed again. I tried to look around, but something was in the - is that my fucking nose?! I touched it, only to see that my hand was now a paw. I felt a strong mental pull to my left.
"Jer, are you awake?"
I moved my head to look at him. He had tears in his eyes as he shifted again. Wolf Zack jumped up on the bed with me and nuzzled my face. I nuzzled back. He licked my nose and I laughed, which ended up sounding funny from my new mouth.
How do you feel? Zack's voice appeared in my head.
Okay, I guess.
You guess?
Yeah, I'm just really fucking horny right now. What?! Did I just say that? What the hell!
He laughed. As expected. We can solve that problem when you shift back, if you want to.
If I had been human, I'd have been red as a tomato.
Zack, did anybody else get changed?
Eios did. Mari and Jules are going to stay with their families for a bit.
Jules wasn't going to be here? I hadn't gotten close with Mari, but it would still be weird without her around.
I'm so tired, I said as I yawned. I curled into Zack's side. Night night.
Sleep tight, sweetheart.

xxx


"She's so cute! I wonder if she has any abilities."
"Jimmy, be quiet. You're gonna wa- too late."
I opened my eyes and stretched my legs out in front of me. I couldn't think of anything other than food, which now surrounded me.
"Guys, she needs to go hunting or she's going to eat you," Zack said from beside me. They all laughed.
"I need to take Eios out, too," Matt said, and left, the rest of the boys in tow.
"We're gonna get some food, baby. Then we can work on shifting back." And fucking, I added mentally, hoping Zack didn't hear.
He took off his shorts and boxers, leaving him completely exposed, and I couldn't help but stare. He noticed.
"Like what you see?"
I whimpered and hid my face with my paw. He laughed and shifted, jumping out the open window.
Are you suicidal?
Just jump.
You're a fucking wolf, Zack.
So are you, apparent in your, uhm, spicier language. Just jump.
I took a deep breathe. I closed my eyes and leapt out the window. I landed next to Zack with my eyes still open.
Open your eyes. Can't catch a meal if you can't see.
I did as he said. Everything was a lot clearer and I could hear a lot more than before. But I could smell everything. And with my hunger, I ran off after the scent of a deer.
He was eating some berries off a bush when I spotted him. I let my instincts take over. Soon, I was tearing away at his flesh. I sensed Zack behind me, so I did what I felt was my duty and backed away, allowing him access to my meal. He took a step back.
No, Jer. He's yours.
I didn't need to be told twice. I tore the deer apart relatively quick, eating until there was no more to eat.
I'm full.
Zack laughed. Let's get you cleaned up, okay? You don't want all that blood on you when you shift back. We stopped in front of a small stream. Wash up.
I looked at the wolf staring back at me from the water. She was decently sized with a black and white coat.
C'mon, we haven't got all day.
I jumped at Zack's voice in my head but wandered into the stream anyways. I washed my face and my paws before getting out and shaking all the water off myself. Zack led us back to the house and up to his room, where he shifted back after closing the door.
"Focus on becoming human again. Think about your body, your hair, your feet, whatever."
I thought about my body and how much I hated it. How my curves were in all the wrong places and my legs were too big. My disgusting, boring hair. My tiny feet and my tiny hands. Suddenly, I was significantly taller.
I was me again.
Arriving at this revelation, I also discovered that I wasn't wearing any clothes. I met Zack's hungry gaze.
Neither was he.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awh yeah. Thank you so much for the comments and the recs, it means the world to me. <3 I would love if you guys could keep it up, it motivates me to write faster!