Gorgeous Nightmare

Is it the way that you talk that's causing me to freak?

Jerrica
I went out to the woods tonight for the first time in a week. I felt like I needed to visit my wolves again.
Apparently they agreed.
Shadow and Shorty immediately tackled me. I saw the best friends behind them. Off to the side, sitting majestically, was my Green Eyes.
"Hiya, Green Eyes. Come here?" I called, almost sounding desperate. He hopped off his haunches and jogged over to me, licking my hand right away. He nuzzled his nose into my side and made himself comfortable. "Awh, boy," I cooed. He grumbled. Almost like he knew what happened to me three days ago, he took his paw to the back of my head. I winced, causing him to flinch back. "No, it's okay, buddy. I just got beat up by a meanie, that's all." He growled lightly and ran off, Shadow on his tail.
As I was sitting there with the best friends and Shorty, two guys emerged from the heavily wooded area to my right. One of them I recognized as green eyed guy, and the other, well, can't say I knew him. His arms were fully sleeved in ink, his lip was pierced, but once he smiled, all that toughness flew out the window. He had two perfect and innocent looking dimples.
"Hey Jerrica!" green eyed guy called to me. I smiled and gave a small wave.
"Uh, this is my friend, Matt. Seen him around?"
I nodded. I recognized him from school. He was one of those guys that you didn't mess with, not ever.
"Matt, this is Jerrica," green eyed guy said to Matt.
Matt smiled at me again. "Nice to meet you, Jerrica. Zack here just doesn't shut up about you," he said, jabbing his thumb into green eyed guy's chest. So, Zack is his name.
"Matt, I will castrate you," Zack growled, causing me to laugh. Matt backed up and threw his arms in the air in defense.
"Just statin' the facts, bud."
Zack sat down next to me. "So, how was your week?"
"Not so good, to be honest with you. I got beat up pretty bad at school three days ago. But the cool thing is, the kid who beat me up actually got beat up himself and he's in the ICU."
Zack's eyes widened, and he hugged me. Again. "I don't know how you deal with all of this," he mumbled into my hair.
"I'm not sure, either."
He shot up, a smile on his face. "I have an idea. How about you come live with me?"
My jaw dropped. "Uh, what?"
"Yeah, you come live with me. I live with my four best friends and their girls, I'm sure they won't mind."
"Zack, I still have a home to go to."
"Obviously not one that's good enough for you. Look, I can drive you to school, and you can stay in my room with me, and you won't have to come out here anymore."
"But I like to visit the wolves. They're the only real friends I've got." Well, that wasn't so true anymore. I had Zack and JuliAnna, and apparently her boyfriend Jimmy was my friend, too, even though I have yet to meet him.
"Trust me hun, you'll be fine. So what do you say?"
I stared at him with wide eyes. What if he was a rapist, or a serial killer, or just some creepy guy with an obsession with me? What if he lived in some tiny little shack where we all sleep on the floor and eat cockroach remains for dinner? But, then again, I feel this weird pull to him, and I know that he wouldn't put me in harm's way.
"Okay, Zack, I'll move in with you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait, guys and girls (more so girls, I'm assuming). I had major writer's block on this story and I think I got over it. (:

For those of you who read my other stories, I have a few things to say.
Remenissions has ended prematurely, but it was much needed, seeing as it was getting nowhere. The sequel, My Life For Hire, is up and running. Please go check it out.
I have a newish story called Teach Me How To Feel Again, it's a Zacky story, and it's centered around Johnny's twin sister who is a cutter. I highly recommend it, but if you are/were a cutter and you are triggered easily, it's in your best interest to stay away from this story.
Comments = quicker updates, it's true. Especially now that I've got my shit together.
xx