Gorgeous Nightmare

Is it the way that you laugh that's making my heart beat?

Zack
Jerrica hadn't come out to visit us in a week. It had been one of the toughest weeks of my life.
The boys and I were out tracking the foreign pack that had crossed our territory, when the scent of vanilla hit my nose. My head shot up and began looking for my mate.
*There she is, Zack. Do you see her?* Matt asked, before taking off for her with Johnny. They tackled her, causing a low growl to omit from my throat. Once they got off of her, we made eye contact. I sat up straighter and nodded to let her know that I acknowledged her.
"Hiya, Green Eyes. Come here?" she pouted.
How was I supposed to say no to her adorable pout?
I jogged over to her and licked her hand. Since I couldn't kiss her in person, this would have to do for now. All the sadness I had felt throughout the past week diminished as soon as I felt her skin against my soft fur. I nuzzled my nose into her side, inhaling her delicious scent. "Awwh, boy," she cooed. I whimpered, but it sounded more like a grunt. I wanted to see how her head was healing. I got up on my back legs and leaned against her head, using my paw to push her hair aside. She winced, and I got down. I just put my poor Jerrica in pain.
"No, it's okay, buddy. I just got beat up by a meanie, that's all."
I growled and ran off. *Matt, c'mon. You're meeting her.* He nodded and took off after me.
We went back to the house and phased back, grabbing clothes from the shed out back. I smoothed out my shirt and turned to Matt.
"I think I'm gonna ask her to move in with us."
Matt looked at me with wide eyes. "Dude, what the fuck? She isn't even your girlfriend yet. And you know I'm turning Eios soon, and Brian's turning Kristy tomorrow. She won't be safe if she doesn't know our secret."
I sighed. "Look man. I'll ask her to move in, and if she says yes, I'll have to tell her tonight."
"I guess I'm cool with it. You'll do what you want, anyway. But what if she asks why you're living here, when you told her you're only visiting?"
Shit. I hadn't thought about that. "Let's hope that doesn't happen," I said, turning back to go see her again.
She was sitting against her favorite tree, Jimmy and Johnny curled up beside her. She noticed us, and meshed her eyebrows together at the sight of Matt.
"Hey Jerrica!" I yelled. She smiled her beautiful smile and waved.
"Uh, this is my friend, Matt," I said, jabbing Matt in the chest with my thumb. "Seen him around?"
She nodded.
Matt smiled at her. "Nice to meet you, Jerrica. Zack here just doesn't shut up about you," he said, repeating the same action I had done previously to him.
"Matt, I will castrate you," I growled. This made Jerrica laugh. Dear God, that laugh...
"Just statin' the facts, bud."
*Okay, you can leave now,* I mentally said to Matt. He nodded and walked off.
I sat down next to Jerrica. "How was your week?"
She sighed. "Not so good, to be honest with you. I got beat up pretty bad at school three days ago. But the cool thing is, the kid who beat me up actually got beat up himself and he's in the ICU."
I hugged her. "I don't know how you deal with all of this," I murmured into her hair.
"I'm not sure, either."
I figured this was as good a time as any to make my proposal. "I have an idea. How about you move in with me?"
Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped. "Uh, what?"
"Yeah, come live with me. I live with my four best friends and their girls, I'm sure they won't mind."
"Zack, I still have a home to go to."
"Obviously not one that's good enough for you. Look, I can drive you to school, and you can stay in my room with me, and you won't have to come out here anymore." By yourself, I should have added.
"But I like to visit the wolves. They're the only real friends I've got."
I shook my head. What was I, chopped liver? "Trust me hun, you'll be fine. So what do you say?"
I let out the breath I hadn't realized I'd been holding when she said, "Okay, Zack, I'll move in with you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait guys. I hope you like this chapter.
I have a new story, and it's a co-write with my bestie Lindy. It's called The Killer in Me is the Smile in You, and it's a Zacky/Brian story, but it isn't slash. It could use a little attention, go check it out? (: