Gorgeous Nightmare

You're such a gorgeous nightmare.

It was going on three in the afternoon, and JuliAnna made it a point to drag me out of Zack's room, despite his wishes that I didn't leave.
We went to the kitchen where JuliAnna made me a sandwich. As I bit into the turkey goodness, I heard a scream from the den. I looked to JuliAnna, who just stood frozen with the refrigerator open. Zack ran into the room and grabbed me, pulling me up the stairs and into his bedroom again.
"Why did you leave the room!" he yelled. I was scared, I'd never seen Zack so angry.
"JuliAnna took me downstairs," I whimpered.
He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Well, Brian bit Kristy. Her transformation is beginning. You can't go out there again until she's stable, which could take two or three days. If she smells a human, she'll go after it."
I nodded and shakily made my way to the bed. Zack inhaled sharply and punched the wall. I flinched, and without knowing it, started crying.
As soon as I started sobbing, Zack turned around. You could see the guilt written on his face. He ran to the bed and pulled me into his arms.
"I'm so sorry," he murmured, "I don't know why I got so upset."
"S'okay," I hiccuped.
He shook his head. "No, it's not. You probably think I'm a monster or something."
"You are a werewolf," I mumbled. Zack laughed.
"You do have a point."
Another scream was heard. Zack pulled me closer.
We laid like that for a good three or four hours before Kristy's screams diminished. I felt bad for the girl, whatever was going on had to hurt.
"Why exactly did Kristy have to be bitten?"
Zack sat up on the bed.
"A werewolf's only goal in life is to find their mate and keep their kind alive. A human cannot bear children with wolf genes, therefore both wolf and mate must be a fully transforming werewolf. Kristy is Brian's mate, and they both want to have kids. And besides, as a wolf, it's a lot easier to know you're not going to break your mate."
"Am I, am I your mate?"
He nodded.
"Will we have to do this one day?"
He nodded once again. "Unless, of course, you don't want kids. But I have a feeling you'll eventually want my children," he added with a chuckle.
Brian ran into the room, panting heavily. "Zack, Kristy's denying the change. She's coughing up blood and I can't get her to stop."
Zack left immediately. As he left, Eios came in.
"Hey," she said softly. I smiled and gave a small wave.
"How've you been?"
I shrugged. "I guess I'm okay," I licked over my lips and tucked my hair behind my ear.
"Matt told me you've been asking Zack about mate stuff."
"If that's what you'll call it, then yeah," I confirmed.
She sighed. "I hope Kristy makes it through this."
I nodded. "I do, too."
"I'm sorry I'm so awkward, Matt sent me over here to keep you company while the boys tend to Kristy."
"It's fine."
"So, you and Zacky, huh?" she asked with a smile.
It was my turn to smile. "Yeah, I guess."
"Oh, c'mon, tell me how you feel."
"Well, I'm totally head over heels for him. And I barely even know him."
"That's how it was with Matt, and I was only twelve."
"Really? That young?"
"Yeah. It was my first day of seventh grade in the small town where my orphanage was. He was a senior. I saw him and was hit with this blast of emotions I'd never felt before. We made eye contact and I knew it was love - the only love I'd ever need. He approached me at lunch, and we hit it off right away. Three weeks later, he got Jimmy to legally adopt me. And, well, here I am," she ended with a nervous chuckle.
"Wow. It's pretty awesome that you two met so young."
Just as I said that, Zack came back in the room covered in blood.
"Eios, Matt wants you." She nodded and left without a word.
"What happened? Is she okay?"
He sighed. "She's in a coma."
My heart dropped. I didn't really know Kristy, but this was horrible.
"How's Brian?"
"Physically, he's fine. Mentally, well, we aren't sure if he'll make it through."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh noes, poor Brian! D:
I'm lovin' the subscribers that keep coming. You guys are just...wow.
Thanks, Violent.Delight for commenting once again. (: