Can You Hear Me?

Can you hear me?

We stood uncertainly in the large central yard of another college. A few hundred, slightly scared, slightly bored looking teenagers wandered around as we all waited for this guy to show up for yet another tour. And then I saw him again as a small group of sleepy girls moved slightly. I had seen him in like, ten of the various colleges Kitty and I had been going to over the past few weeks. Despite his tiny stature, he managed to stand out in a crowd.

"Kitty," I whispered to my friend next to me, her eyes were currently fixed on the same bleach blonde she had been eying up for three days. "I can see him again. Right over there!"

"Yeah, that's nice." Kitty replied slowly, her brain focused on other things.

"Go talk to her Kitten. You know you want too." I said nudging her in the ribs with my elbow.

"Only if you go and talk to mystery boy." she replied evily. "How many places have you seen him now?"

"Uhhh," I paused as I counted the different colleges I had spotted him at. "Uhm, like, two in New York, though I wasn't really looking for him. So he could have been at more. And then all the ones so far in Jersey."

For the last week and a half, chaperoned by Kitty's less than excellent, but still relavitly cool, mom, she and I had been dragged to open days for about ten different universities around New York and New Jersey. We had been to big ones, small ones, expensive ones, not so expensive ones. We had like three more to look at after this place, New Jersey City University.

"Right," Kitty burst through my thoughts, "Are you gonna go talk to the guy or what?" She had one hand on her hip and looked vaugly ridiculous.

"I, eh, oh uhm..." I stammered as I tried to think of an effective excuse to get out of it, but thankfully at the same time the main door burst open and a tall guy with long dyed blonde hair walked out.

"Excuse me." he called out, "My name is Michael and I'll be giving you a tour of the school today. The tour will take just over two hours and then you will be sitting in on a lecture from one of our first year courses. If you could all please follow me we can begin."

****

"And that concludes our tour of the school facilities." Michael said as we entered a large hall. "You're lecture will begin in ten minutes in the room just across from us. It is a first year law lecture." then he left us.

Everyone started moving towards the doorway to this lecture room. I stood where I was, trying to find Kitty, she had dissappeared about twenty minutes into the tour with the blonde, she'd muttered something about going out for a smoke. Yeah, right, I thought to myself, there goes her virginity. I spotted the mystery boy once again. All during the tour he had stayed near the front of the group, he didn't say anything, didn't ask any questions. Just listened. He was strange, and really innocent.

Then room had almost filled by the time I walked in, with only a few seats left at the front of the room. I walked slowly to one, scanning the crowd for Kitty and her friend as I did. No sign of them. I took a seat and pulled my small notebook from my bag. It was filled almost totally with small drawing and the occasional few notes from a class. I'd only brought it with my to draw in through the more boring lectures.

I half expected Kitty to come through the doors, to walk casually through the doors and take the empty seat next to me. It didn't happen. Instead, during one of my daydreams the mystery boy sat next to me. It came as a shock to come out of one and see him there. His black hair tossed on his head. God he looked amazing.

I passed the lecture, the whole hour of it peeking glances at him. Smiling when he caught me looking, or looking away quickly and turning tomato red. But he said nothing, I didn't expect him too. I must have looked like a pervert, stealing glances at the poor guy while he took notes. Even as he took notes he looked beautiful. His tongue poked ever so slightly out of his mouth, giving him a vaugly confused look.

But too soon the class ended, the lecturer, a man almost the same height as the tour guy, but with wildly bushy brown hair, told us he hopes we had enjoyed his class. Pshhh, yeah I thought, most of us had stopped paying attention after half an hour. I had spent the entire class trying to decide whether or not to say anything to him. Maybe just hello? A, my name is Emma? I could do that, couldn't I? The hundred or so stirred as we were told to leave. He gathered up his things slowly, watching everyone else leave.

I stood up, taking my chance. I walked, somewhat awkwardly over to him, a distance not more than four feet yet felt like four miles. "Uhhh, hi!" I blurted out far too loudly. "Ohmigosh, I'm sorry, that was weird, I'm sorry. I've just, I've wanted to talk to you for like a week now. Okay, I'll go away now." I gushed and walked away. As I did I realised he hadnt even looked at me as I spoke to him. Tears started to build up in my eyes as I walked swiftly up the stairs to exit the class.

Where the fuck was Kitty when you wanted her?
♠ ♠ ♠
This is for Nemma. I love you.
Happy birthday chicken.

Comment and subscribe bitches.
-Kitty