Dear My Closest Friend

Dear Nyxy

5 May 2173

Dear Nyxy,

Why is it you’re always meet the nice guys? I mean seriously. Love? Guys just don’t say that anymore. You know how hard it is for them to even mention affection. Love is like some kind of Taboo word, for them. I mean I know it really isn’t Taboo. But honestly.

And don’t even remind me of Mrecker. You know how I get when his name is mentioned. Sigh.

I didn’t know people at the Academy thought that. I guess they wouldn’t say it to my face because of dad. Even here people say that the only reason I got assigned to a Base was because of my dad. Not true. I had to work just as much for it. I am a fighter pilot. Honestly. But the FC doesn’t like putting me in my fighter. Thinks I’m going to turn against humans. As if I’m not human. I’ll take your advice, I just don’t know how to prove to them that I am on their side.

So, I’ve just realized I never told you what Mercury is. It’s officially ESB Mercury. Actually most people here just call it Merc. But it’s a huge ship. We are travelling to the old base, ESB Tyran. It’s in need of some major repairs and retrofitting, so it’s being sent back to Earth. But before that can happen we’ve got get to Lankin first.

So those bathrooms I told you about are only in the upper section women’s quarters. I don’t even know how many there are in the officers or men’s quarters or even the entire ship. The Base is practically an entire city. There have got to be at least 30,000 people on it. And it’s not even full; a bunch of the people from ESB Tyran are going to be transferred when we arrive.

Escorts. Yeah probably. They wouldn’t be good for much else. Though I still maintain that they’d be good radiation testers.

I told you, that basically we humans measure time the same way we do on earth. But yes there is a universal time system. But it takes too long to explain, and you will probably forget it anyways. Besides why do you even need it. We are on Earthling Military ships, and you’re not the one who contacts other ships, or even plots the course of your ship.

Actually how is the ESS San Diego?

And don’t ask me to remind you to do things. I can’t remember half the things I’m supposed to do. Honestly. But really it sounds super cool that you are working with Mr. Edarn. I’ve read about him researching for the SJR21-F5. I would be jealous but you know I’m not really into weapons.

Jayn!