Falling in Love

Chapter Three

Harry's POV

As the buzzer sounded to signal the end of the lesson, I grinned and glanced over at Dougie beside me. I saw him rummaging around in his bag, his gorgeous cerulean eyes scanning it's contents before finally pulling out a small white sheet of paper. I recognised it as his timetable, and walked over to him so that I could read it over his shoulder. From such a close proximity I could smell the strawberry scent of his shampoo and I inhaled it deeply, loving the smell of him. He was just simply adorable, possibly the cutest guy I'd ever met. Which sounds sort of strange to think, because I'd never found guys attractive before. Hell, I'd never even considered the possibility that I may be gay, so why was I feeling like this about the beautiful Dougie when I'd only just met him?
Well, there was no denying that I was attracted to him, that's for sure. The strong line of his jaw and the honey blonde locks just enticed me into wanting to know every single thing about him. When he relaxed a tiny bit and the real personality showed through, he was a lighthearted person with a sarcastic humour which had me close to giggling at various intervals during the lesson. He was just amazing, and some part of me knew straight away that I needed to make him mine.

Dougie noticed that I was studying his timetable, and he held it up so that I could read it better. Yay! He had art next, and so did I! I grinned at him and he raised an eyebrow at me, silently questioning my sudden happiness.

"I have art next too. Come on, I'll walk with you." I smiled at him, watching as his lovely face lit up when I informed him, slinging my arm casually around his shoulders and swinging my bag onto my back.

As we began the walk to next lesson I kept my arm around him as if I was making sure that he didn't wander off. The truth was, that I just wanted to touch him, have him as close to me as possible. Surprisingly, he made no attempt to shrug my arm off and was no longer struggling to maintain eye contact when I spoke. Instead, he looked deep into my eyes interestedly as I talked on about the Art teacher and the sort of thing we did in lessons. This gave me chance to study his face in more detail; noticing how his slightly tanned skin was completely blemish free and how soft and inviting his pale lips seemed. It took every ounce of strength I had not to just lean over and kiss him right there and then.

"Here it is." I announced as we reached the Art room. Dougie hesitated slightly in the doorway and surveyed the classroom with his eyes before speaking.

"It's cluttered in here." He mused with a tiny smile, gesturing to the half finished projects and models strewn around the shelves and walls of the room. I nodded, chuckling.

"Yeah, the teacher just doesn't do organised." I explained. He laughed softly as I led him inside the fairly big room.

"I can tell."

I took my usual seat at the back of the classroom and Dougie automatically sat down next to me, the manner in which he did it showing that he was evidently relaxing slightly. I smiled at the fact that he was becoming more comfortable around me, that I was the one helping him accustom to the ways of the school. A thought suddenly sprung to my head, and I looked at Dougie quickly.

"What dorm are you in, Dougie?" I asked, praying to God that he was in mine. Since my old dorm mate moved out, I had been all alone in a dorm room all to myself. Sure, it had it's privileges, but it got awfully lonely sometimes.
Dougie unfolded his timetable again and skimmed over the information above it.

"Urm.... Room 48." He bit his lip, waiting for my reply. Yes! He was in my dorm! Wow, this was just too cool. So I get to sleep in the same room as this beautiful being now?!
I grinned so wide that my face actually physically hurt, letting out a small yell of triumph.

"You're in the same dorm as me! Don't worry, there's no-one else." I reassured him incase he was apprehensive of meeting new people. Dougie mirrored my grin, and I couldn't help but notice how his eyes twinkled, reflecting the smile full force. Good grief, could he get any more breathtaking?

It appeared that he could, because at that moment he let out a cheerful laugh. I had to literally tell myself to remember to breath, because Dougie looked absolutely stunning when he laughed. I caught myself staring and looked away, my cheeks reddening. God, I must have seemed like a right creep.

Suddenly, the teacher bustled into the busy classroom and dumped the things that he was carrying down onto his desk with a flourish. He may as well have been a drama teacher, as everything he did seemed dramatised and over-exaggerated. He waited until the class was quiet before beginning to explain the lesson, ordering people to hand out paper. 

"Now then, today we will he doing portraits. But not of yourselves, you vain lot, but of the person sitting next to you. I'll turn the lights off a bit to create deeper shadows, and you can start whenever your ready." He informed us, making most of the class groan. I bit my lip; Art wasn't my strong subject, and trying to capture Dougie's beautiful looks on paper would be nothing short of impossible. I glanced sideways at him and flashed a half smile, my mind still unsure whether drawing Dougie was a good or bad thing. He smiled back at me, and started guiding his hand towards my face slowly, carefully picking up his pencil in his other hand.

"Do you mind if I...?" He trailed off, gesturing towards my face. I understood what he meant and shook my head, attempting to keep as calm as possible when the first of his feather-light touches landed on my cheekbone. He ran his finger lightly along the bone before travelling downwards to my jaw, attempting to commit everything to his kinetic memory to aid in drawing me. I swallowed hard as his soft touch left tingles on my skin, silently wishing that he would touch me for longer than he was. His fingers reached the bridge of my nose and he slowly trailed his finger down it. I watched his eyes, completely focused on where his hand was going. I knew that people around us were looking at us strangely, but I actually couldn't care less.
I shivered as his fingers lightly ghosted over my lips, the nerve endings sending shocks through my body. As Dougie bit his lip, I realised just how teasing his touch felt, as if he wasn't just doing it for Art purposes. I quickly pushed that idea to the back of my mind though.

'Come on Harry, get over yourself. There's no way a guy like Dougie would be interested in a guy like you' I scolded myself.

Finally, Dougie nodded, and with a small muttering of "Okay." he put his head down and began drawing.

Okay, there is no way that occurrence was just merely friendly. Could the beautiful Dougie Poynter actually be somewhat interested in little old me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! It's up!
Can I jut mention that I ADORED Eleanors chapter! It was just so cute!!
Mines just.... Meh, Its okay xD
Over to Eleanor! X

Caitlin x

(PS: quiz time! Can anyone work out why the dorm room was 48? Clue: it has something to do with the alphabet. XD)