The Prince of Ice

Day two

Day 2

Dimitri awoke to the gentle light of the sun on his face. At first he half expected to hear sirens of oncoming cars and horns for commute and traffic. But nothing, he heard birds chirping and the tide of the far off beach instead. He sat up and rubbed the sleep from his eyes and looked around. This room almost seemed alien to him until the realization came in. This was his room, he had come here to see that Jade had gotten what she needed to recover. Then…the Gods! The said in a week they would say what they would decide on what they would do with him. Dimitri groaned out loud, wishing that he hadn’t been so shrewd as to leave the girl there. Eventually Dotty would have found her. But what the doctor said about “saving her life” kept playing in his mind over and over.

Dimitri sighed as he stepped onto the hardwood floor and made his way to the bathroom. Luckily there was a bathroom for every room, and he started his daily ritual every morning. The white linoleum floor was almost blinding as he readied the shower, testing the water. White fluffy towels hung on the back of the door so why not.

Grime and muck turned the water a dark green as he washed up and stepped out of the steamy shower. Wrapping his towel around his waist as he walked back into his room. As he opened the door letting in a huge gulf of steam rinse out he was greeted by the voice of about a dozen girls.

“Wow he’s really buff!!”
“And look at those abs! Yummy!”

Staring at his now full room, Dimitri nearly fell backwards at the onslaught of hands on his still damp chest. He felt his face begin to burn red as he saw all those girls, this was just to much.

“Alright ladies! Its obvious that your all embarrassing him!” one voice spoke above all the others. Standing in the open doorway was a girl, much unlike the others. The other girls crowding around him were about the same build and frame, but they all were pretty cute in there own way. But she was completely different she was…gorgeous.

Her long blonde hair was mountain of curls that tumbled around her shoulders like a halo, her eyes were delicate and a brilliant shade of blue. Her skin was perfect like china and ultimately flawless, and she stood in his doorway to grace him with her presence.

Dimitri made sure he wasn’t drooling on himself as he tried to untangle himself from the arms of the girls around him.

“Hi, I’m Jossy. I am head of the Greeting Committee, and as you can see its already been notified that you have been instated here at Heaven” she said as she smiled at him.

Her smiled was brilliant as she walked in and stood before Dimitri, he could feel his whole face turning red as she got closer.

Her exotic perfume made him so dizzy that he nearly stumbled forward. She was so delicate and small it was almost as if she was going to break if he so much as breathed on her. Her pink little tank top and white shorts extenuated her long legs, but she was about a good head shorter than him as she smiled up at him.

“I really hope that you get to have as much fun as possible here. And that we really get to know each other very well.”

She held herself with a seductive smile as she and the other girls left the room.

Able finally to take a easy breath Dimitri headed back to the bathroom he needed another shower, a cold one.

After a shower that could give a polar bear pneumonia Dimtri made his way back into his room. Checking to see if all the girls had really gone and not come back he dried off got and got dressed in the clothes that the room provided. His old clothes that he had come in with was still on his dressser, with a sudden shock he remembered the map that Milikole had. The horde and where they would be was on that, digging into his pocket he sighed a breath of relife as he pulled out the piece of paper. Tucking it into his jeans hed headed out of the dorms and towards the infirmary. Though he tried to stifle it he was worried about Jade, before he even had a chance to see her he was practically bound and gagged before he had a chance to really see her condition. The grass was crisp and green as he entered the double doors yet again. Remembering the door where Jade was at he knocked eloquently for an answer.

“Hello, what is it?” The same doctor that had attacked him before said as he poked his head out the door. Seeing Dimitri made him pale insantly and try to close the door as quickly as he could. But he caught it before he could, “Don’t you remember me doc? I’m the one you stuck a needle in his artery!” he hissed playfully as he opened the door and strode in. The doctor tried to step back but instantly feel in fright of being hurt.

“Don’t worry I’m not gonna hurt you. I was just joking!” Dimtri laughed as he helped him back up.

The man on closer looking was no older than Dimitri, probably 19 not even. He looked him over, he was a scrawny kid at that not much of a build to him. Besides from the white coat that it was obviouse he was supposed to wear he was pale and had stringy red hair that drapped onto his face. His eyes were disfocused still distrusting of Dimtri, they were a strange color of red.

“Well, I’m sorry I try to stear clear of people that break my collarbone in one shot.”

Dimitri winced, he remembered that he had struck him a little harder than necissary, but it was the shock of the moment. “Sorry about that. Self defense.” He shrugged as he looked around the plain white room. The walls the eqipment everything was just white, he had to see to Jad and go or else he would have been driven crazy in there.

“If you’re here to see mis Mavericks you just missed her, she’s at the pit.” The man said as he stepped away and back to his dest to hatever he had been doing.

“Sorry I’m kinda new, I have no idea where or what the Pit is?” Dimtri said bashfully.

He wasn’t to fond of being the only one out of the loop so he tried to make it as simple as possible.

“Its near the forest about on the far left of the infirmary. You can’t miss it.” He said never turning from his work.

Exiting silently he started towards the Pit.

The kid wasn’t kidding, you couldn’t miss that if you were blind! It was like a huge courtyard with kids on it. There was a fence to keep them all in but it was wide and almost oval shape. As he came in kids parted and let him threw, there were bleachers so he took and empty seat and looked on with the others.

At the base of the bleahers there was some sort of ternament going on, while two fighters took on to swords with a ravenouse flurry.

The bigger one was making his move on the smaller one. Dimtri suddenly realized who that was,

“Artemis?”

The small little boy was dancing with death as he danced around the bigger student, obviosuly scared out of his mind.

“Listen Danny I don’t wanna fight you!” He squeaked patheticallty as he dodged another could have been lethal blows from the large boy.

He simply laughed his, I-don’t-care-I’m-still-gonna-beat-you and swung again.

Dimtri looked down, his face twisted in disgust. One thing he could never stand was when one kid was being picked on for sport. The others were cheering for “Danny” say all sorts of things at him to get his to bludgen poor Artemis.

Suddenly he saw it, Danny tripped him and set Artemis sprawling in the opposite direction. Advancing to probably cut him up some more as the crowd roared with laughter and approval Dimtri had enough. He knew it was risky but he dug into that resevour of power he had and supponed up small strands of water fromt the earth.

In a split second he sent those invisable but strong strands out onto the court where Artemis was. Taking control of him vis the strands he ordered him to stand. With a spring in his step and as Dimtri controled his every move, Artemis ducked parried and blocked every one of Danny’s advances.

Dumbstruck blind he went into a fury of cuts and slashes, trying to corner Artemis and his newfound abilities, but Dimitir chuckled. He could see that he was getting agrevated and once that happened you didn’t pay attaention to what could make or break a persons success. Now leaving himself open for an attack Dimtri made Artemis parrey forward at his breastplate and cause him to stumble. Then with one swift move tripped him as he toppled to the ground Artemis held him at sword point, daring him to stand.

The crowd had gone silent, not a word was uttered. Then a cheer of pure surprise and parise rose up for Artemis. Dimtri retracted his powers to look as Artemis was hoisted high on a group of shoulders, the look of utter shock on his face. Dimtri looked back at Danny, who’s face was the exact opposite. Red and filled with rage, Dimtri looked at him and felt a pang of guilt. He was always told never to interfeer no matter how tempteing it was.

“I’ll feel guilty later!” he said to himself as he meet up with Artemis at the outer side of the gate. There he meet up with Artemis and surprisingly Jade.

"I felt like someone was controlling me you know!" he smiled brightly
Jade returned it as they walked on. Artemis was the first one to notice Dimitri,

"Hey Did you see me out there!?" as he walked right back over.

Maybe it was the proud feeling of having a secret no one else knew but he smiled down and shook his head yes.
The rest of the day it was like thius, sitting around laughing and talking about Heaven. Eventually Dimtri forgot that he was to hate being here for a while and just relaxed all to caught up in actually having frineds to talk to.

~~~~~~~~~~To Be Continued~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I am not updating regularly but thats okay. My mom thinks the computers way to slow but if you do things right it won't get a virus or be slow. HAHA I know what the hell I'm doing! Gotta run, sick today and home from school, "Stomach virus is the worst ever!!!"

VOTE MESSAGE ME AND READ ON LOYAL ONES!