The Prince of Ice

A dire Choice

Bodies weapons and armor clashed all around him as Dotty, Jade and Artemis covered for hi as he sprinted threw the room. It was as large as the cathering room, but it was a bit different. Instead of walls there was just walls of water. You could actually see fish swimming in the walls alla round him.

“Lord Posidons wing is the only other way out!” Jade screamed as she unsheathed her sword and began parrying and blocking attacks. Dimtri did the same as he activated his watch to sheild mode and began to make his way threw. His friends stood close as he plowed threw the kids towards the door. He could see it now, a large door made of what seemed like coral. It was opne, as if calling out to him to walk threw and be done with this whole ordeal.

Plowing threw another lot of kids he saw a clear way at it and bolted.

10 feet away

His heart was hammering in his head.

8 Feet away

Sweat trickled down his next.

6t feet away

His legs screamed as if he were runing threw mud.

Finally in the clear of all this something behind Dimtri made him stop dead in his tracks. The crack of lightning, a peircing scream and a distant flash made everything around him hold to a stand still.

Turning back he could see Esmerelda in the middle of a group of kids. Her platinum armor gleaming in the lights above as she was pointing at a the ground and a far off figure.

“Jade?”

Dimtri was stunned, had she shocked her?

“What a pity really it is!” she said her voice drawling to a close pur as she retracted her hand and faced Dimtri. His face was probably pale from the shock.

“She’s a part of this school! She’s one of you!” he roared.

“A traitor is a traitor and that’s all there is to it.” Her voice was so cool and calm it sent the blood in his veins to boil.

“That’s enough Esmerelda!” Dotty as she began to edge away from Dimtri and talk her out of what she was going to do.
“I’m just making an ultimatum for Mr. Vane here Dot.” Esmerelda smiled as she paced back and forth from where she stood.

Dimtri looked around, all of there faces were taunt with worry, no one expected her to do that.

“Either you stop this whole thing and come quietly or I will shock Jade into submission.”

Dimtri felt his blood freeze at her question. Should he or shouldn’t he?? A few days ago he wouldn’t have given a second thought to just walking out of here and not giving a damn about Jade. But he looked over at her and saw her body, limp and almost infantile. A small tug came from the pit of his stomach that made him almost groan out loud, why was he hesitating?

“Oh well I guess you’ve made your choice.” Esmerelda smiled as she held up her hand.

A giant disk of light emitted from her hand and held over her head. A low rumble of electricity filled the air as the crowd grewq away from the scene. Dimitri knew he wouldn’t be able to reach her in time,

“Just go Dimitri!” Dotty screamed. She was advancing onto Esmerelda with astounding speed.

But with one minor flick of the wrist was brought tumbling back and unable to move.

“That’s right, walk out of here knowing you helped kill another hero. Just like Valory isn’t it?”

“How do you know about her?” he questioned his voice uneasy and full of emotion. He’d made it this far without his personal buisness being spewed everywhere.

“All I know is that you had a sister who died and have been morning her death ever since. Now you have two.” She let the disket fly over her head and straight towards Jade.

She let out a scream of horror as the sound of a buzz saw came closer and closer, Dimitri had no choice he knew what he had to do.

~~~~~~~~~~To Be Continued~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy, read and message!